MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This time we get a bit of a surprise!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

It's time for the next chapter of Digimon Chronicle X!

The Digimon X3 and the new Digimon X art book have been up to pre-order for a bit, so the story continues on...

But first, for those who need a catch up...

Chapters 1 and 2 in English can be found here.
Chapters 3 and 4 in English can be found here.
Chapters 5 and 6 in English can be found here.
Chapter 7 in English can be found here.
Chapter 8 in English can be found here.
Chapter 9 in English can be found here.
Chapter 10 in English can be found here.
Chapter 11 in English can be found here.
Chapter 12 in English can be found here.
Chapter 13 in English can be found here.
Chapter 14 in English can be found here.
Chapter 15 in English can be found here.
Chapter 16 in English can be found here.
Chapter 17 in English can be found here.
Chapter 18 in English can be found here.
Chapter 19 in English can be found here.
Chapter 20 in English can be found here.

Chapter 21- Kouta and Yuuji

The numerous gates, connecting to the Dark Area, that had appeared across the old Digital world suddenly began to fuse, transforming into a single giant gate.

Since the passageway of the opening was bigger now, the swarm of Digimon that had been kept back in the Dark Area before were able to break through the gate all at once.
The evil Digimon that were invading in enormous numbers seemed to signal the end of the world.

The Digimon who had been fighting for peace in the Digital world despaired upon seeing this nightmare.
"Don't give up! We're here with you!!"
The Digimon all looked up at the sky upon hearing that voice that seemed to boom from nowhere. They saw two young boys riding on the backs of flying Alphamon and Ouryumon, with Omegamon X leading them.
They were the humans who had long ago once created a future for the X-antibody, Kouta and Yuuji.
Image Thumbnail (custom)

It wasn't just Omegamon X's party flying towards them. Countless Digimon came running as well, in numbers exceeding even the evil Digimon who had escaped the Dark area, to save them from this predicament.
"Let's go, Alphamon! Omegamon!"

"Go help them, Ouryumon!"
Image Thumbnail (custom)

At Kouta and Yuuji's command, the trio of Digimon sped up, cutting their way as the advance guard to charge straight into the enemy's massive army. The three of them defeated many Digimon with their overwhelming strength.
Seeing their heroism shook many Digimon out from their despair, encouraging them to stand back up again.
It was the beginning of all-out war between light and darkness.

Chapter 21 gives us the return of a number of old friends, including a few that are very unexpected!

Update- They swapped out the incorrect image showing Dynasmon X with a correct one showing Ouryumon.

Chapter 22 shows as coming October 30th (29th for many of us.)

More to come...

Thanks to onkei for the translations.

YongYoKyo

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This was unexpected, and slightly disappointing. It is great that Kouta and Yuuji are back, but I was really hoping for at least one new artwork. Well, it seems like everything is approaching the climax.

That Dynasmon X mistake is a bit weird. Even for a misplaced image, it is strange that it's darkened, which implies intentional image-editing.

Digiforlife

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
humans?? Have Kouta and Yuuji appeared before in Chronicle??
really keen to see a new version of Alphamon...

Muur

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I didn't expect them to have the humans showing up with them, so my reaction was "holy shit!".

They don't appear to have aged much, so I guess the time skip was only a few weeks in the real World.

Katsu Hikaru

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Holy crap!! This is freaking awesome i love that they finally returned which is even more awesome to see the protagonist from the first one appear with them. Though makes me wonder are we still getting Imperialdramon PM X? Or is that fusion between Alphamon and Omegamon going to happen after all but I'm ok with either. I just hope Alphamon doesn't just freaking obliterated with Ouryuken because that would be kind of lame.

My biggest question that probably wouldn't be answered is I wonder how the fight between Alphamon and Omegamon X went down was it a stalemate or did Alphamon defeat Omegamon X and had him have a change of heart?

Kazuma

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I know Bandai tends to forget/neglect the Ryudamon line in general but the Ouryumon mistake is just sad lol

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wow... Those humans with new outfits. So it's connected with the old Chronicle story now?

Kazuma... Did you forget Ryudamon's whole evo line from Hacker Memory?

Still waiting for Pegasmon X, Meramon X, and two unrevealed ones.
They should reveal more images if those new ally swarms include at least one like Pegasmon X or Meramon X.... C'mon

So... All Royal Knights "reunited" at finally?

Chimera-gui

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
And they just fixed their error.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Updated the above with the correct image featuring Ouryumon, which they swapped out on the website.

Muur

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Now I'm wondering if the second hidden form will be a new upgrade to Alphamon Ouryuken, rather than Paladin Mode X. Old heroes showing up with their partners usually means a new form.

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hmm when I see two humans, it tend to have to be that "pattern"... But 30th day is that long to wait!

But what happened to the third human? "Shinji"?

Chimera-gui

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hmm when I see two humans, it tend to have to be that "pattern"... But 30th day is that long to wait!

But what happened to the third human? "Shinji"?
We might see him soon.

For those unfamiliar with the original Digimon Chronicle, there was a character in Chronicle named Shinji who is partnered with Omegamon X and Gallantmon X.

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hm? He have two partners?! Two Royal Knights?! I only remembered him on the cover (Cannot remember well) and no confirmation of him having two partners in any panels of that old Chronicle comic?

Muur

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
He seems to be an antagonist character, and Gallantmon X and Omnimon X are now heroes instead of villains, so perhaps something happened to Shinji. Not gonna go as far as Alphamon killing him, but at the least they didn't befriend him in the human world lol.

BlankShell

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Huh, nice to see some old friends. Didn't necessarily expect to see them.

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
What, you think Shinji in the wheelchair or something like that? Not even getting a new outfit? Damn

Let me re-confirm the current situations for the whole Royal Knights....And Seven Great Demon Lords.

Alphamon and Omegamon X returned at finally along with their new armies
Examon powered up himself by able to evolve under X-evolution from just creating X antibody out of nowhere... Along with Houhoumon X against Lilithmon X.
Dukemon X who evolved the fainted Gankoomon into Gankoomon X by giving him X Antibody & healed and gave the orders to Jesmon X to lead RiseGreymon's armies
Duftmon X teamed up with LordKnightmon X against Barbamon X and DarkKnightmon X.
Dynasmon X and Magnamon X teamed up against Beezlebumon X (Beezlebumon X insulted Magnamon X "Golden Block")
Sleipmon X vs Leviamon X
UlforceV-dramon X vs Demon X
Craniummon X vs Belphemon X
Lastly Lucemon X executed the secret weapon, Keramon X...

Well I should count Great Archangels. They are currently fighting off against their "Fallen" modes and Seraphimon is excluded (Sad)

Deep Saver

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Watch Kouta and Yuuji turn out to be the hidden characters on the X3 roster now or something.:p I am genuinely surprised and pleased to see the two of them though!

Cenrji

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
How nice to see the boys are back. I was wondering if Chronicle X had anything to do with the original manga.

Muur

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Watch Kouta and Yuuji turn out to be the hidden characters on the X3 roster now or something.:p I am genuinely surprised and pleased to see the two of them though!
Wouldn't be the first time Kouta was in a V-Pet lol