Digimon Chronicle X Update- Chapter 20!

Seymour Butz

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Really? They weren’t purified; they just faced off against their own base forms? That’s a little weird. Still, Cherubimon Virtue looks just different enough from Vice to be interesting, and I’m really pleased with Ophanimon X’s design ties to AngeWomon X (skirts, mask, and plume), as well as the use of the Crest of Light, not to mention the creative repurposement of her lance as wheel spikes —  also providing a good place to put the obligatory glowing spikes— and the ever-changing placement of the animal heads

I think this practically confirms that Armagemon X is one of the two Ultimate++.
Moreover, the traditional seraphic motif really only makes sense if they’re going to develop a dark angel concept in a latter evolution, and we already know that Diavolomon X doesn’t use that, so I can only conclude that you’re right. Armagemon X would also be the perfect antithesis to Paladin Mode X, whom we’re all expecting. I’m just wondering if it’ll be Keramon X warp-evolving alone, replicating and fusing en masse in an homage to the Kuramons that formed the original Armagemon, evolving into Diavolomon X first, or possibly fusing with Lucemon or even all of the Nanadaimaō.

Last edited:

e105zeta

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I’m not expecting Armagemon X as much as I am a new carrier Digimon with elements of both Satan mode and Armagemon.

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Meramon X, Pegasmon X, Cyberdramon X and OmegaShoutmon X probably will be random ones whose motivated to fight back in next chapters or just simply reveal.

So Lucemon X's secret weapon revealed as Keramon X instead of Ogudomon X. Unbelievable this Chronicle stories kept throwing me off.
Cannot imagine how Armagemon X look after Keramon X and Diablomon X's scariest appearances. Keramon X reminded me of that Assassin Bug. So after the secret weapon got defeated, Lucemon will be one last standing against Omegamon X, Alphamon and unrevealed Ultimate 3++ or NOT.

One question, what will be your guesses on this four unrevealed ones on Ultimate 3++? Or two unrevealed ones.

Seymour Butz

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I’m not expecting Armagemon X as much as I am a new carrier Digimon with elements of both Satan mode and Armagemon.
When you say ‘carrier’, you mean a native X-antibody digimon? Yeah could be. It would be interesting, but I kind of wish they wouldn’t lump both Satan Mode’s and Armagemon’s Xevolutions into the same digimon, if only because that’s one less that they could do down the line. Now if they just give one of them elements of the other and still leave the possibility open for the other to receive its own Xevolution, that’s fine. Still, I note that in contrast to Ophanimon, Lucemon Fall Down Mode X is just called ‘Lucemon X’, possibly implying that there won’t be another Lucemon X, which would most likely mean that, yes, we’re going to get some kind of fusion instead.

Last edited:

e105zeta

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I’m basically expecting the concepts for the two(?) unrevealed Ultimate 3s to be “Royal Knightmon” and “Lord Demon”, heh.

Seymour Butz

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So Lucemon X's secret weapon revealed as Keramon X instead of Ogudomon X. Unbelievable this Chronicle stories kept throwing me off.
I mean they’re both basically giant demonic spiders.

One question, what will be your guesses on this four unrevealed ones on Ultimate 3++? Or two unrevealed ones.
It’s just two.

Amandil7

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wow!

"2 of the 3 Great Angels" that hurt lol!!! (Seraphimon BB I feel your pain)

Ok I love Cherubimon X, he's nothing unexpected, mostly just a light version of his virus counterpart, but still looks adorable and cuddly! Those light rings are cool.

I was most anxious for Ophanimon X after seeing Angewomon X. I'm glad they didn't make any drastic changes. I do wish they gave her a weapon at least though, her Eden's Javelin is an iconic part of her, like Angewomon's Celestial Arrow. I love how they both have crowns! Love the Wheel she is on, I wanted more of a wheel design motif so this works somewhat.

Overall, its better to be slightly underwhelmed than disappointed, so I'm glad they played it safe with these two.

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Giant demonic spiders. Heh I see. How funny, I learnt something about the spiders in the real life. Only scared and defensive, trying to run away so speedy but when it comes to hunting, they are pretty smart in creative skills.

Ofanimon X didn't lose that lance. I think two lances on her shoulders could be it. But still don't forget her shield as well. Or that shield could be that wheel tire.... After all, Ofanimon Falldown Mode's profile mentioned her wheels serve as offensive and defensive weapons so that wheel tire may count...

Two. Huh I see. I still wonder what purpose on putting in Ultimate and Ultimate++ for? Note, I never play V-pets.

YongYoKyo

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Two. Huh I see. I still wonder what purpose on putting in Ultimate and Ultimate++ for? Note, I never play V-pets.
There's nothing to it. What purpose do Digimon evolve to Adults? To Perfects? It's to get a stronger Digimon. It's a measurement of how old your Digimon is and how well you raised your Digimon. It's also just exciting to keep evolving your Digimon to newer and stronger forms. Besides, it gives more opportunities to add more Ultimate-level Digimon to the roster without over-bloating a single evolution level.

Not everything needs some deep lore reason. Most of the time, something is just meant to look cool, or it's for mechanical/technical reasons, or it's just plain coincidence.

Seymour Butz

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I just noticed that Cherubimon’s holy rings became halos around his floppy ears. Brilliant.

I love how they both have crowns!
Three-pointed crowns, at that. Nice Trinitarian imagery. I imagine Seraphimon X will have the same.

Love the Wheel she is on, I wanted more of a wheel design motif so this works somewhat.
Yeah I hope she rides around on it like a rolling barrel.

Amandil7

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeah I was hoping all three would get Halos but the crowns are cool!

Haha I bet they contemplated making that wheel a part of her instead of the feet, like a cyborg but then decided it would make her too robotic.

I just noticed this but where is her 5th pair of wings?

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Ah I see so all Ultimate in ++ sections are meant to keep the excitement to keep playing by raising. I get it. Thanks.

Three pointed crowns. Thrones incoming? Nah...

5th pair of wings? Uh oh forgot to draw it maybe? :/ Ofanimon's golden rings attached with angel wings but the wings vanished in X form. Weird not only that,
Ofanimon's "real" wings located on behind her dress vanished as well for her X form. Jeez your comment is making me worried somewhat. Maybe Bandai twitter probably will correct it? Like Ogremon X's guitar redesigned.

X antibodies on Angel types are really confusing. It gives them Silver Holy rings, more Holy rings, or turns into magical Holy circles even not needing Holy rings... So just what the Hades?

Seymour Butz

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think the projections in the semblance of the Crest of Light are​ her fifth pair of wings, and if you look carefully, it seems they miiight converge around the metal rings from which the top pair protrude in her natural form. In any case they make a nice contrast with Fall Down Mode X’s wings. And huh! I just noticed! The wheel beneath her feet has apparently passed through its own evolutionary stages of development, as it now has grooves like tire treads.

Looking back, I see that Fall Down Mode X and Vice X have three-pointed crowns too.

Last edited:

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
? Ofanimon Falldown Mode X doesn't have that crown. All I see are two silver horns and X Antibody blade horns of gold. And... Red gem and gold "fangs" next to it.

And Cherubimon (Vice) X's three pointed crown could be tricky. Because, according to its sprite. It only have... Two while his Virtue X sprite have three ones.
I tried to look it closer but it does look like it got three pointed crown in the art.

Vaioumon

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
*sigh* Paladin Mode is starting to look likely. That'd be a shame, but hopefully Armageddemon gets wings or something to look super dragon-y to compensate.

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It could be Susanoomon to deal with Lucemon Satan Mode.

Amandil7

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeah the crest of light might be the 5th wing, otherwise it would be weird if she lost a pair (since usually angel wings = rank). I like how her wing silhouette reminds me of Angewomon's wings as much as regular Ophanimon's.

OMG I'd soo prefer Susanoomon-X! He also came in 4th in that contest. But given how Imperialdramon PM is more related to the Royal Knights, I guess it will be him vs Armagedemon-X. Keramon being there kinda clinches that option. I think we can rule out Ogudomon-X in either case.

Best case (but unlikely) scenario would be if we get two completely new digimon: Lucemon + Diablomon line and Alphamon + Omnimon. That would truly be the birth of a "new" miracle as we were teased. But again that's less likely.

YongYoKyo

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Last case is very unlikely. Jogress is a non-factor in the Digimon X V-Pets, though I guess they can still imply it even without actual Jogressing.

Lucemon X isn't even in the X3's roster, so a Lucemon-based Jogress makes no sense.

Also, Omegamon X is only in one of the versions (while Alphamon Ouryuken is in both versions). If there was a Jogress between them, then either they both should be in both versions, or they should be parallel counterparts in opposite versions. Neither of which are true.

Last edited: