MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
After a small break it's back!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

It's time for the next chapter of Digimon Chronicle X!

The Digimon X3 and the new Digimon X art book have been up to pre-order for a bit, so it'll be interesting to see how many chapters are left...

But first, for those who need a catch up...

Chapters 1 and 2 in English can be found here.
Chapters 3 and 4 in English can be found here.
Chapters 5 and 6 in English can be found here.
Chapter 7 in English can be found here.
Chapter 8 in English can be found here.
Chapter 9 in English can be found here.
Chapter 10 in English can be found here.
Chapter 11 in English can be found here.
Chapter 12 in English can be found here.
Chapter 13 in English can be found here.
Chapter 14 in English can be found here.
Chapter 15 in English can be found here.
Chapter 16 in English can be found here.
Chapter 17 in English can be found here.

Updated- Cleaned up the translation thanks to onkei!

Chapter 18- Courage from Another World

While the Royal Knights were fighting hard against evil forces in various places, many Digimon who had escaped the dark area were causing destruction in the former digital world.

Digimon who were still babies or who weren't confident in their ability to battle formed into groups to evacuate to safety, where they could hide and endure until the commotion settled.

"It's okay. You'll be safe here."

Tailmon X spoke in assurance to the groups of trembling Digimon evacuees. However....
"I know that you're hiding there."

One of the evil Digimon, Vamdemon X, appeared through the barrier.

Tailmon X could feel Vamdemon X's frightful evil power and was scared, but tried to attack nevertheless. She was easily thrown back. Just when they all believed that they were to be annihilated, something suddenly exploded on Vamdemon X's back.

Vamdemon X turned around, and even the Digimon evacuees and Tailmon X stared ahead at the Digimon that was there.
"I'm Wizarmon. In order to protect this world that is part of my brotherhood, I have hastened here from Witchelny to join this fight! In order to protect everyone, I will fight you, even to my death!"

As Wizarmon X gave his name, he valiantly attacked Vamdemon X.
Image Thumbnail (custom)

Fascinated by his appearance, Tailmon X made the decision to protect the Digimon to the end of her life as well, and evolved into Angewomon X!

Lining up with Wizarmon X, they confronted Vamdemon X..
Image Thumbnail (custom)

Chapter 18 interestingly moved the story to a different front that I don't think we had previously seen.

Chapter 19 shows as coming a week from now on October 9th! (2nd for many of us.)

More to come...

YongYoKyo

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This chapter is basically a love-letter towards Adventure.

I do like Angewomon's mitre-mask, and how her clothing seems to be based on religious priest/bishop clothing.

Muur

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Lol that came from no where, guess it's a "side chapter", lol, Hope we'll learn what the Royal Knights and Demon Lords are up to soon

and that was basically a massive Adventure shoutout, interesting and was a pretty cool chapter tbh.

Digiforlife

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hopefully Wizarmon X survives this...and hopefully no VenomVandemon X :S

Amandil7

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Lol at this Adventure fan service in the midst of the epic clash!

Angewomon X is definitely interesting, such a busy/cluttered design with a lot going on! I like her wings, her bow, the golden bits, there's just visually a lot to process and sometimes less is more, clearly that isn't the case here. I do like her, and let's face it the original is incomparable. I'm a bit anxious for Ophanimon X now.

Chimera-gui

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

I do like Angewomon's mitre-mask, and how her clothing seems to be based on religious priest/bishop clothing.
Not too surprised since she's meant to be equal to HolyAngemon, not regular Angemon as everyone always pairs her with.

BlankShell

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Of course they would find a way to put less clothing on Angewomon (actually I think it's see-through, but still). I like the wings though.

And of course that's a fun way to reference Adventure. Very nice.

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wow Angewomon X's appearance is so completely different. It gets all religious clothing but it lost that celestial sash robe....

But I realized it may be connected to HolyAngemon's non-combat form for that reason. Priest Mode.

Look like it's drawn by Kenji? It's good thing X antibody still kept her helmet on which is the ironic rule for Angel types.

I love that nightgown mixed into her new clothes. It managed to make her look very elegant and graceful.

So... Uhh that Angewomon X may will be Ofanimon X for sure, right? Instead of Ofanimon Falldown Mode X getting "purified"?! Or only mere references?

Deep Saver

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Not too surprised since she's meant to be equal to HolyAngemon, not regular Angemon as everyone always pairs her with.
It always really bothers me when Angewomon and Angemon are paired up for that exact reason. Come back when you have evolved Angemon, she ain't got time for a mere Adult! :p

I overall like Angewomon X's design, but I am very confused about her outfit. Most of it just looks like a bunch of sheer scraps of fabric to me, and I'm having a hard time figuring out what exactly is going on with it. The hat is awesome though.

Chimera-gui

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Considering we already know that base Ophanimon X exists in the X3, it could go either way.

And I imagine that we're going to get higher quality artwork of her soon enough.

Ryudamon

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
i wish they make an anime series of this. The story is getting very interested. I also hope they add more natural carriers in the story.

Katsu Hikaru

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I really feel they did justice to Angewomon X's design it has a lot of interesting features i feel that work well imo I do love how each pair of her wings is a different color.
Though i wonder how her wrist wings will look when shorten unless they're naturally that size which i do hope they kept that feature from Angewomon.

Can't wait to see Ophanimon X

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
With Angewomon X like that, it's easy to imagine Angemon X. But he could end up being too similar to HolyAngemon Priest Mode....

Angewomon X got red lines so then it's Angemon X with blue lines or not.

Her new ponytail is really part of her hairstyle? It seems she have two different hairstyles at once: Multi colored ponytail/twintails and normal blonde hair
Or it's connected with her helmet like Ofanimon's helmet got red hairstyle not part of her hairstyle?

YongYoKyo

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Pretty sure those pink things are just ribbons, not hair.

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Then I better wait for bigger picture.

Pink? It's purple/violet to me... I guess I do need a new computer.

flintlock

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This was great. Tailmon, Wizarmon and Vamdemon are some of my favourite Adventure characters. I love both if their X antibodies. Is the designer Kenji Watanabe? Tailmon's X antibody version of her Adventure line is now complete too which is great.

I wonder how Wizarmon and Medieval Dukemon got the X antibody in Witchelny? I'm really happy they mentioned that too, and Wizarmon's cape has references to it.

I bet we're going to get a Golden Digimental homage chapter soon, and Revenge of Diablomon. I wish this was a full manga.

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wait, Ofanimon X haven't arrived yet only we got her Falldown Mode X.

Look like I cannot find the Holy Ring on Angewomon X....

Shadowman

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Ofanimon X and Cherubimon X (Virtue) is confirmed in X3...

Ragnalord

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Nice to see they fit something like this in, now we have to wait another week :(.

Anyway angewomon looks incredible in her X form, I hope ofanimon can live up to this.

Cenrji

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That's actually... kind of odd to hear that they're revealing it pretty late with Angewomon X. Given that we already had X-Antibody forms for Plotmon, Tailmon, and Holydramon since uhh... 2003. And then there's also Ophanimon: Falldown Mode's X-Antibody revealed this year. Still cool to see an almost complete line of Xs.

Edit (10/2/19): Oh yeah, I somehow forgot about Nefertimon X. Whose X's form is also from 2003. Really just makes it stranger to see.

Last edited: