MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Time for more!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

It's time for the next chapter of Digimon Chronicle X!

The Digimon X3 and the new Digimon X art book are up to pre-order, so it won't be a surprise with these beginning to get closer to the end...

But first, for those who need a catch up...

Chapters 1 and 2 in English can be found here.
Chapters 3 and 4 in English can be found here.
Chapters 5 and 6 in English can be found here.
Chapter 7 in English can be found here.
Chapter 8 in English can be found here.
Chapter 9 in English can be found here.
Chapter 10 in English can be found here.
Chapter 11 in English can be found here.
Chapter 12 in English can be found here.
Chapter 13 in English can be found here.
Chapter 14 in English can be found here.
Chapter 15 in English can be found here.
Chapter 16 in English can be found here.

Update- Translation has been swapped out for one by onkei.

Chapter 17- Conquest (this is another title that has a number of alternate translations)

Examon, who was attacked by the large number of X Digimon under Lilithmon X's control, got infected by the X-program at a rate unbelievably faster than normal.

Even with as strong a body as Examon had, he couldn't resist the pain of the X-program coursing through his entire body, and it left him covered with wounds.

"I've grown tired of this. I'll finish you off with a piercing strike!"
Lilthmon X's special move, Nazar Nail, approached the battered Examon. However, Lilthmon X's attack was suddenly stopped from fire that seemed to come from nowhere.

"The Royal Knights are their lights of hope.. According to their wishes, I will not let them disappear!"

Hououmon X appeared. Flapping its golden wings, it confronted Lilithmon X while protecting Examon.

Although the sudden appearance of Hououmon X stopped Lilithmon X, Hououmon X was at a disadvantage in a frontal showdown with a Seven Great Demon Lord, and it took on countless hits.
Image Thumbnail (custom)

"As a Royal Knight... I am such a disgrace!"

Examon was inspired upon seeing how majestically Hououmon X stood and refused to give up no matter how many times it was hit.
"Uooooooooooooooooo!"

Examon created X-Antibodies for himself to achieve X-Evolution..
Image Thumbnail (custom)

"I thank you for your courageous actions!"

"I couldn't just do nothing, not after being motivated by 'them.'"

"Who is this 'them' that you keep speaking of? But let us put that aside for now, the counterattack has begun! Let us go together, Hououmon!"

Hououmon X stood beside Examon X in answer to his call. The two teamed up together to face Lilithmon X and the evil Digimon army.

Chapter 17 continues on towards a climax!

Chapter 18 shows as coming October 2nd! (1st for many of us.)

More to come...

Muur

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I didn't expect Hououmon of all things to make the save lol, I was assuming Alphamon (Ouryuken?) or Omnimon X would make the save, so that was a nice surprise!

either it happened just as Examon got his ass kicked... or Lilithmon took forever to try and kill him after defeating him lol. I'm gonna go with Hououmon showed up right away, so Lilithmon wasn't dumb.

And good, more confirmed chapters. When I looked 20 mins ago they actually had no greyed out "next chapter" thing so I was like wut!

I actually enjoyed this chapter the most so far for some reason, I think cuz Hououmon X making the save was a genuine surprise.

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Same here. Houhoumon X appearing was huge surprise. But who will purify Cherubimon and Ofanimon?!

Houhoumon X got ten Holy rings. Wow I sorta missed the quad wings. It could be upgraded instead of thigh wings. But she is very beautiful so I accept!

Vaioumon

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Examon just spontaneously making its own X-Antibody, lol. If it was taking on an army on its own before, with the upgrade and back up, Lilithmon is toast.

Katsu Hikaru

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That is honestly sweet and cool for Hououmon X to defend Examon like that it's nice to see Digimon still think highly of the Royal Knights.

And dam Examon just created his own X antibody that's pretty strange but awesome though not surprised since he is stated to be the strongest of them all in terms of raw power in Cyber Sleuth.

I assume Alphamon and Omegamon X will take on Lucemon X makes me wonder if he can still go Satan mode because i can see them winning with him saying "Fools this isn't even my final form!!!" but I'm not going to get my hopes up I'm probably wrong and Lucemon X could just be it.

Last edited:

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Updated with a better translation.

BlankShell

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Might be a coincidence, but the wings on Phoenixmon X remind me a lot of the cross patterns on Meicoomon (and subsequent evolutions).

At first it seems kinda like a random choice, but Phoenixmon's whole motif has a lot in common with the X antibodies plot (rising from the dead in a new form, etc.), so I think it's actually thematically appropriate.

Digiforlife

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
wow!! I'm seriously hooked on this story....my dream is that one day this story will be animated

Nightwing

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Maybe the X-Antibody was really just the friends we made along the way? Seriously, the fact that Examon just gets it by wanting it is funny but it's hype so I'm cool with it. Edit: the new translation explains it well, so Examon was being tortured with the X-Program right at the start of the chapter.

Hououmon X getting such a grand entrance is actually pretty awesome, and with a great design too. Hououmon is sorta the DarkKnightmon on the RK side. I wonder if there's a deeper meaning in these two teaming up...

I really thought this chapter was going to cover OmegaShoutmon and RizeGreymon, maybe show their Ultimate stages as OmegaShoutmon X and ShineGreymon X (neither of which is happening since we know the former is a Perfect and the latter doesn't exist in the X3), but now I'm hoping we'll see them next chapter as Rapidmon X and Justimon X. Kinda long wait for that one, at least comparatively to the past few days, but I can wait. Better not to drop everything in like a two day span lol.

Last edited:

Ryudamon

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I am not surprise to see Hououmon X. I figure that it is the evolution of Garudamon X. Better late then never. Maybe one day, the child and adult forms will come, but it is not right now. I am wondering if Hououmon X is not the final form too and it Digivolves into either Valdurmon or Zhuqiaomon

Deep Saver

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hououmon X is so elegant, I love her!

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Sure, it's not Omegamon or Alphamon, but it's pretty obvious Hououmon knows them. Seeing a new Digimon is much more exciting than those guys yet again, anyway.

At first it seems kinda like a random choice, but Phoenixmon's whole motif has a lot in common with the X antibodies plot (rising from the dead in a new form, etc.), so I think it's actually thematically appropriate.
Well, sort of. Death and rebirth is more of a phoenix (Birdramon) thing, while Hououmon is based more on the fenghuang/houou. The fenghuang is immortal, though.

BlankShell

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Sure, it's not Omegamon or Alphamon, but it's pretty obvious Hououmon knows them. Seeing a new Digimon is much more exciting than those guys yet again, anyway.

Well, sort of. Death and rebirth is more of a phoenix (Birdramon) thing, while Hououmon is based more on the fenghuang/houou. The fenghuang is immortal, though.
Sure, the whole line tends to incorporate both western and eastern phoenix iconography, I should have been more specific. And likewise Alphamon and Omegamon, beginning and end, inform that aspect of the plot as well, I just think Phoenixmon/Hououmon is less random than it seems on first glance.

YongYoKyo

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That sounds a bit like a reach. It's more like they're just trying to fit in the V-Pets' rosters into the storyline in places that at least seem somewhat appropriate. Such as DarkKnightmon X competing against Barbamon X, Lucemon X randomly summoning Cherubimon Vice X and Ophanimon FM X, or how two of the X3's new Perfects (OmegaShoutmon and RiseGreymon) are suddenly leading the reinforcements.

Why pick Hououmon for the roster in the first place? I guess they just wanted to pick "good" or holy Digimon, and there's already a Garudamon X. Notice how Pteranomon, Garudamon, and Hououmon occupy the same positions as Tailmon, Angewomon, and Ophanimon on the different versions' rosters.

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Maybe Lucemon X wasn't actually "summoning" them, it's like more of... He called two from "fodder" demon army to come? Eh

I suspect Houhoumon X's role might be the one that will purify Cherubimon and Ofanimon by giving her Holy rings to return their senses back to awake?

I think RiseGreymon and OmegaShoutmon were selected to have X forms because they gave X forms to each main digimon partners in each seasons like that Trio tamer partners. But still I agree. Why Perfects to lead the army? Maybe due to X-Program, so this world barely have few Ultimates excluding special groups?

Amandil7

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I really like Phoenixmon-Xs design! So elegant and feminine rather than the more masculine Garudamon and regular Phoenixmon designs.

They probably wanted to complete the 01 Megas, (if you count Plesiomon X as Gomamons alternate mega).

Though I like his armor, my problem with ExamonX is the same as that of GankoomonX. It takes away the most Iconic parts of the original design.

Examon's most defining features were his gigantic wings, and monstrous scale along with his lance. He was a great contrast to the other RKs and an imposing design to begin with.

By changing the proportions, he looks less monstrous, more knightlike. He is more in line with Slayerdramon, but less unique now. Plus the lance being replaced by Darth Maul's light saber looks less impressive. That halo on top looks tacky too. Not a big fan, the armor is nicely done though.

Notus

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Same here. Houhoumon X appearing was huge surprise. But who will purify Cherubimon and Ofanimon?!

Houhoumon X got ten Holy rings. Wow I sorta missed the quad wings. It could be upgraded instead of thigh wings. But she is very beautiful so I accept!
It actually got 12, you missed the ones at the claws. With that many, it makes sense for it to be the one to purify Ophanimon and Cherubimon.

Last edited:

Deep Saver

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I really like Phoenixmon-Xs design! So elegant and feminine rather than the more masculine Garudamon and regular Phoenixmon designs.

They probably wanted to complete the 01 Megas, (if you count Plesiomon X as Gomamons alternate mega).

Though I like his armor, my problem with ExamonX is the same as that of GankoomonX. It takes away the most Iconic parts of the original design.

Examon's most defining features were his gigantic wings, and monstrous scale along with his lance. He was a great contrast to the other RKs and an imposing design to begin with.

By changing the proportions, he looks less monstrous, more knightlike. He is more in line with Slayerdramon, but less unique now. Plus the lance being replaced by Darth Maul's light saber looks less impressive. That halo on top looks tacky too. Not a big fan, the armor is nicely done though.
I was thinking something similar about Examon X. Even if it still is large, it no longer gives off the same massive vibe it had before. I would have liked it better if the artwork framed it in a way that made it look larger.