MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Time for more!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

It's time for the next chapter of Digimon Chronicle X!

With just days until the X3 goes up for pre-order, they keep adding more and more to it!

But first, for those who need a catch up...

Chapters 1 and 2 in English can be found here.
Chapters 3 and 4 in English can be found here.
Chapters 5 and 6 in English can be found here.
Chapter 7 in English can be found here.
Chapter 8 in English can be found here.
Chapter 9 in English can be found here.
Chapter 10 in English can be found here.
Chapter 11 in English can be found here.
Chapter 12 in English can be found here.
Chapter 13 in English can be found here.
Chapter 14 in English can be found here.

Update- Updated the translation thanks to onkei.

Chapter 15- Match Up

Image Thumbnail (custom)
Image Thumbnail (custom)
Image Thumbnail (custom)
Image Thumbnail (custom)

The Royal Knights and the Seven Great Demon Lords face off! All of the Royal Knights who remained in the new Digital World found their purpose as they were able to delay the invasion of the Seven Great Demon Lords.

However, they were unable to stop the deluge of the large number of evil Digimon breaking through from the Dark Area. Slowly, the evil forces began to spread into the old Digital World.

Looks like Chapter 15 is basically just to show where the various active participants are.

Chapter 16 shows as coming tomorrow!

More to come...

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Theyre really dragging this out now tbh, they could've just done this in one chapter IMO. "Yggy sends out new RKs to fight the SGDL", and then say who is fighting who. Do all that in one chapter. But oh well I suppose, it'll get truely interesting when they reveal all the new X forms and some show up in future chapters (most likely)

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Theyre really dragging this out now tbh, they could've just done this in one chapter IMO. "Yggy sends out new RKs to fight the SGDL", and then say who is fighting who. Do all that in one chapter. But oh well I suppose, it'll get truely interesting when they reveal all the new X forms and some show up in future chapters (most likely)
You realize there is no 'full' story here right? It's tiny vignettes to match up with the V-Pets.

Ryudamon

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wondering if the rest of the Royal Knights will show up. There are 3 left. We have no word about Gallantmon, Omnimon and Alphamon. This should be a big enough emergency for Alphamon to show up.

YongYoKyo

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wondering if the rest of the Royal Knights will show up. There are 3 left. We have no word about Gallantmon, Omnimon and Alphamon. This should be a big enough emergency for Alphamon to show up.
They specifically pointed out how those 3 are missing back in Chapter 12, so there's evidently something going on for them.

Seymour Butz

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It’s worth noting that they’re among the three likeliest candidates for further evolutions, Dukemon having a mode change that has yet to receive the X-antibody, Alphamon being a native carrier and thus not already having ‘another Alphamon’ that would render a further evolution redundant, and Omegamon being, well, Omegamon. (Paladin Mode X? Merciful Mode X? Zwart X? Alter-X? Something different? Could be anything.) They’re also kind of the ‘big three’ among the older Knights (arguably Jesmon makes them the ‘big four’), so maybe they’ll all fuse together to fight Ogdomon X, though I kind of hope not.

Last edited:

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hm? Duftmon X against Lucemon X I guess it's his Brown Digizoid made it a bit easier to survive plus intelligence but Dynasmon X against two Fallen Angels? Magnamon X is perfect for this... And why Examon Vs Lilithmon image there? Wasn't their battle ended as Examon got defeated? Unless if Examon X survived and takes rematch...

I hope that's all of X2 story for final story before X3's next story!

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
You realize there is no 'full' story here right? It's tiny vignettes to match up with the V-Pets.
Well it's still a story, they've just said the same thing a few times in a row now which is slightly meh to me.

Libra

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Oh thanks, just when I was starting to get really confused, the new chapter provided a summary of what's going on and who's fighting who.
The chapter also made it more understandable why there is no Shadow Seraphimon X.

Tarama

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Oh thanks, just when I was starting to get really confused, the new chapter provided a summary of what's going on and who's fighting who.The chapter also made it more understandable why there is no Shadow Seraphimon X.
Urm.. Why?

Amandil7

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hmm it's like they're completely dismissing Examon's defeat by Lilithmon-X.

Duftmon-X is the foremost strategist maybe that's why he is facing Lucemon-X.

Something (experience?) tells me we might be disappointed in the lineup of new X Digimon. This V3 might just end up being all these previous RKs and Demon Lords but very few new ones (like Gankoomon-X and Examon-X). 😕

Seymour Butz

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeah that’s precisely my apprehension. I did the math and realised that if we have every Royal Knight and Great Demon King in this one, plus the three other ultimates that have been active in the story, we already have twenty-three spots taken. Bandai might just say, ‘Look! All your faves!’ and leave it at that. I would cite this as yet another example of the Royal Knights being a bloated tumour on the franchise, but frankly, the storyline that’s carried the past two V-pets has produced enough new digimans to more than justify their presence here. If we get Gankwumon and Examon X I’ll be mollified; a couple more and I’ll be satisfied.

Last edited:

Ragnalord

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well this is disappointinh

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It's not like any of these things are exactly riveting. We're getting another one tomorrow anyway.

Seymour Butz

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
You know the matchups are rather odd too. They don’t pit Beelzebumon against Dukemon? If this were being animated then sure, it would be refreshing to see different pairs of digimon duke it out than you would normally expect, but since this is basically fan fiction you’d think they’d go for the archetypal rivals. The only thing archetypal about a fight between Lili-chan and Examon is how she creams him in Cyber Sleuth​, KEK.

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
You know the matchups are rather odd too. They don’t pit Beelzebumon against Dukemon? If this were being animated then sure, it would be refreshing to see different pairs of digimon duke it out than you would normally expect, but since this is basically fan fiction you’d think they’d go for the archetypal rivals. The only thing archetypal about a fight between Lili-chan and Examon is how she creams him in Cyber Sleuth​, KEK.
Gallantmon was part of the previous Chronicle, and they seem to be going out of their way to avoid using the three from there - however the three of them (Alpha/Omni also) will prob come in and solo the 7GDL as the ending lol. Perhaps then we'll see a Gallantmon X vs Beelzemon X.

Last edited:

Vaioumon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Poor Examon's already down, and the only non-X RK there.

e105zeta

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeah that’s precisely my apprehension. I did the math and realised that if we have every Royal Knight and Great Demon King in this one, plus the three other ultimates that have been active in the story, we already have twenty-three spots taken. Bandai might just say, ‘Look! All your faves!’ and leave it at that. I would cite this as yet another example of the Royal Knights being a bloated tumour on the franchise, but frankly, the storyline that’s carried the past two V-pets has produced enough new digimans to more than justify their presence here. If we get Gankwumon and Examon X I’ll be mollified; a couple more and I’ll be satisfied.
I mean, it wouldn't be so bad if so many of the Royal Knights weren't so thematically similar. Alphamon, Dukemon, Dynasmon, Magnamon, Ulforce V-dramon, Examon, and Jesmon are all draconic knights. That's over half of a very large group. At least the Olympos and 7 Demon Lords have a lot more variety.

Still, it's also not like any V-Pet typically has more than 3 of the RKs as tamable, anyways, so at least it's unique in that respect as well. This might be the last time we see all 13 together in a non-Digimon Story setting for a while.

I still want that Greco-Roman themed virtual pet, though.

Ryudamon

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
They specifically pointed out how those 3 are missing back in Chapter 12, so there's evidently something going on for them.
They also had Examon down and out, and now he is back and battling Lillithmon.