Digimon Chronicle X Update- Chapter 12!

Shadow Shinji

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
By the way, as part of the information update to the page, it seems the Chronicle X site states the X-Antibody form is only temporary and not permanent as it was usually thought before.
Huh interesting. So its basically a mode change then. Doing it as a mode change would be an interesting way to put them in future story games, then they can act like Leopard Mode etc. Speaking of, they include Leopard Mode in the Royal Knight character list for DCX (Crusadermon is also there, so they haven't forgotten him at least)
It seems it's more like a medicine, if the Digimon isn't getting X-Antibody regularly, it will eventually go back to its base form. Kinda like that. And yeah it seems this information came originally from the Digimon Chronicle site now defunct, but was never brought again since then.

Deep Saver

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeah, I also didn't know it was supposed to be temporary, though I guess like anything else in Digimon it can be ignored at will if you don't like it for the specific story you want to tell.

YongYoKyo

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
By temporary, it doesn't mean it's a mode change with a limited duration that can be activated at any time. It meant that to retain their X-Antibody forms and survive the X-Program, all non-natural carriers need to keep hunting down other X Digimon and absorb their X-Antibodies. So it's still theoretically permanent as long as X-Antibodies are continuously being collected. It's nothing new; we already knew that the old Digital World was a cruel struggle for survival for the non-2% Digimon.

As for the next part, which I'm not sure if it's really new or not, it says that the X-Antibody itself has evolved due to influence from the self-preservation instincts of the Digicore. I'm not sure on the translation, but I think it means that the X-Antibody can now be replicated and given away to other Digimon (instead of the host X Digimon losing their X-Antibody when it is taken/given to others). I'm also not too sure about this part, but I think the X-Antibody has also evolved so that it no longer disappears over time, meaning it's near-permanent now.

shaikgb

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
As for the next part, which I'm not sure if it's really new or not, it says that the X-Antibody itself has evolved due to influence from the self-preservation instincts of the Digicore. I'm not sure on the translation, but I think it means that the X-Antibody can now be replicated and given away to other Digimon (instead of the host X Digimon losing their X-Antibody when it is taken/given to others). I'm also not too sure about this part, but I think the X-Antibody has also evolved so that it no longer disappears over time, meaning it's near-permanent now.
when i read that part i thought it meant that if a digimon has a strong desire to survive then the x-antibody will become a permanent part of them and wouldn't dissappear?

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So X antibody is still mysterious even at today? Oh well I'm fine with it. We still have X3 soon to reveal more things yet...

YongYoKyo

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
when i read that part i thought it meant that if a digimon has a strong desire to survive then the x-antibody will become a permanent part of them and wouldn't dissappear?
It's phrased as if the X-Antibody as a whole evolved. It's not an evolution of the individual host Digimon, but an evolution of the X-Antibody itself. Specifically in the second paragraph, it's mentioned that the X-Antibody evolution occurred later on, and occurred over a period of time after being exposed to the Digicores of the struggling Digimon. The X-Antibody cultivated its own survival instinct due to the influence of their Digicores' survival instincts. The X-Antibody itself doesn't want to die out, so it made itself permanent, and made it easier to spread itself to other Digimon.

Basically, it seems they're stabilizing the initial strong-eat-weak premise of the old Digital World for the newer X Chronicle narrative, by making all the survivors that survived the initial destruction into an X-Antibody without all the life-or-death struggles. Sort of like reconstruction after a natural disaster (in this case, Program X), and they even decided on a new "leader" who will decide the direction of the reconstruction (the events of Digimon X1).

shaikgb

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It's phrased as if the X-Antibody as a whole evolved. It's not an evolution of the individual host Digimon, but an evolution of the X-Antibody itself. Specifically in the second paragraph, it's mentioned that the X-Antibody evolution occurred later on, and occurred over a period of time after being exposed to the Digicores of the struggling Digimon. The X-Antibody cultivated its own survival instinct due to the influence of their Digicores' survival instincts. The X-Antibody itself doesn't want to die out, so it made itself permanent, and made it easier to spread itself to other Digimon.
are you sure it isn't the digimon who don't want to die so they change the x-antibody so it won't dissappear on them? i mean isn't this just how real antibodies are?

YongYoKyo

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
are you sure it isn't the digimon who don't want to die so they change the x-antibody so it won't dissappear on them? i mean isn't this just how real antibodies are?
All of the Digimon don't want to die; otherwise, they wouldn't try so hard to obtain X-Antibodies in the first place.

The excerpt never says anything about the Digimon intentionally altering the X-Antibodies themselves. It clearly states that the X-Antibody itself was changing over time, due to being exposed to the influences of its struggling-to-survive hosts over a period of time.

Either way, the result is the same; whether the X-Antibody is changing itself due to external stimuli, or whether the host is intentionally stimulating the X-Antibody to change itself.
However, if the focus was only on the individual host's survival, there was no need for the X-Antibody to gain the ability to easily replicate itself, nor was there a need for the X-Antibody to become able to remain long after the Digimon's death. Those traits are directly tied to the survival of the X-Antibody itself, not the host Digimon's survival.

Last edited:

Amandil7

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Am I the only who secretly wants the Royal Knights to be beaten up one by one by the SGDL? Anyone?

By the way, as part of the information update to the page, it seems the Chronicle X site states the X-Antibody form is only temporary and not permanent as it was usually thought before.
Haha No I'm with you! Team SGDL all the way!! (Though knowing how much they love the Royal Knights the outcome will probably be in their favor...)

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Am I the only who secretly wants the Royal Knights to be beaten up one by one by the SGDL? Anyone?

Haha No I'm with you! Team SGDL all the way!! (Though knowing how much they love the Royal Knights the outcome will probably be in their favor...)
How about Yugioh's Duel Terminal stories? All certain survivors with heavy losses and huge extinctions of the most species?

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This is interesting. I think we all know that the missing Knights will be back at the last chapter to help save everything.

Ragnalord

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Humm I always thought SGDL were stronger but this story is showing that royal knights are taking on them with x antibody + thousands of other evil digimon with x antibody.

Interesting, cant wait to see alphamon and ulforceveedramon come in and woop every demon lords ***

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Updated the translation thanks to onkei.