Digimon Channel: Pics and Translation Thread

Lhikan634

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wooo! Seraphimon, "brother" of my avatar image, Dominimon :D Y'know, it would be totally awesome if they decided to give official Bandai art for Dominimon and his V-Tamer only crew lol.

(random fact: the digi-code on him reads, translated into English, "Everything is Together With Me" -Subete wa Ware to Tomo Ni)

And careful saying he's weak. His attacks are indeed powerful. So powerful that it being reflected back at him was enough to defeat him.

*Note: photospheres - from "photo" and "sphere" literally meaning light spheres ;)

And no prob, Wildermon ;) You should see some of my English essays before proof-reading… eesh! :p

Seymour Butz

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
[quote author=Wildermon link=topic=13377.msg175403#msg175403 date=1265355001]
It is said that at the time of the Apocalypse, Seraphimon will descend and purify all the evil warriors taking part. Moreover, it is also said that the Demon Lord type Digimon known as "Daemon" was once a Seraphimon before he degenerated into the Dark Area.
[/quote]

Huh. I wonder if purifying the evil warriors could entail turning them into vaccine attributes, the way that Demon turns data attributes into viruses in V-Tamer. Then again, that ability was not mentioned in Demon's own profile, and knowing how the Japanese phrase things, purifying them could just mean destroying them, along with their evil, especially since in most milieus that reverts them to uncorrupted digitamas.

[quote author=Lhikan634 link=topic=13377.msg175442#msg175442 date=1265424301]
Wooo! Seraphimon, "brother" of my avatar image, Dominimon :D Y'know, it would be totally awesome if they decided to give official Bandai art for Dominimon and his V-Tamer only crew lol.
[/quote]

It is possible. They gave Arkadimon's child form its own profile, and further mentioned the super ultimate form in Demon's profile. They gave the two unique digimon from Next their own profiles. Generally, the profiles seem to be working backwards through the series after hitting most of the main characters from each. While V-Tamer ended after Frontier, it started before Adventure, so if we see those digimon they could be the last in the list.

Inpu

How deep the rabbit-hole goes
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Sorry for the extreme lateness, senior design projects are torture. Also, CannonBeemon's profile was torture.

CannonBeemon
Perfect
Cyborg
Virus
*Nitro Stinger
*Sky Rocket ?
An extra-large Digimon that defends the mysterious, secret aerial base, "Royal Base". The aerial base is exposed to danger from a full 360°, but with a bombarding barrage fired simultaneously from the gigantic arms container on top of it, it can completely cover a vast range. Also, even if the opponent is strongly armored, it can shoot them clean through with its high-caliber laser cannon, as its Special Move "Nitro Stinger". Its "Sky Rocket ?" fires shots from its container, which boasts an innumerable number of loaded ordnance, and will continue on like raging waves until its watch is ended.
*The ? is the infinity symbol.
*The "raging waves" is basically like a 21-gun salute of explosions. A barrage, then a barrage, then a barrage...it keeps going until "its watch is ended". The grammar used could either mean that it no longer feels vigilant (the enemy is dead), or that its watchfulness is literally ended - it ends its shift as night-watchman.

Seraphimon
Ultimate
Seraph
Vaccine (Basis)
*Seven Heavens
*Testament
Dressed in shining, silver, holy armor and possessing ten golden wings, it is a Seraph Digimon. As the highest-ranked being among Angel Digimon, it rules over them all. Although its true face and personality is hidden behind a mask and cannot be glimpsed, it is the being closest to the "Being of Good" called "God". It is told that when it descends for the final battle against evil beings, it will purify everything. Also, it is said that Demon, which fell to the Dark Area and became a Demon Lord Digimon, was originally a Seraphimon. Its Special Moves are firing seven super-heated spheres of light at the opponent (Seven Heavens), and using the deepest mystery to convert its mortal life into a Big Bang (Testament).
*The "(Basis)" seems to indicate that Seraphimon is in fact the template for ALL Vaccine Digimon.
*I believe that the "deepest mystery" is divine filiation, which would fit here, and is what the previous pope called it.

Seymour Butz

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
[quote author=KrytenKoro link=topic=13377.msg175496#msg175496 date=1265511754]
Seraphimon
*The "(Basis)" seems to indicate that Seraphimon is in fact the template for ALL Vaccine Digimon.
[/quote]

I searched the Digimon website for other uses of the same kanji for ‘basis’. It seemed not to search the dictionary, but it did give me this. My browser translator (yeah yeah, I know) translated the whole phrase in which those kanji appear as ‘attribute is set on vaccine’, which I guess could have a more etymological meaning as ‘based’ in the vaccine attribute. Alternatively, it could mean that the fact that his attribute is vaccine is as fundamental as the facts that his type is seraph and his level is ultimate, whereas attribute usually seems a bit more flexible than type and level (consider that every other digimon in that section of the site is listed as variable in attribute). So basically, I think that it means that Seraphimon, being the holiest of the holy, is always, always, always a vaccine (as are Angemon and Holy Angemon according to that link that I found).

Jackalmon

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Y'know, it would be totally awesome if they decided to give official Bandai art for Dominimon and his V-Tamer only crew lol.
[/quote]

I would absolutely love that ^^ and profiles too. The V-Tamer guys and gals are underloved by Bandai when it comes to the art.

Inpu

Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
[quote author=Seymour Butz link=topic=13377.msg175513#msg175513 date=1265532094]
I searched the Digimon website for other uses of the same kanji for ‘basis’. It seemed not to search the dictionary, but it did give me this. My browser translator (yeah yeah, I know) translated the whole phrase in which those kanji appear as ‘attribute is set on vaccine’, which I guess could have a more etymological meaning as ‘based’ in the vaccine attribute. Alternatively, it could mean that the fact that his attribute is vaccine is as fundamental as the facts that his type is seraph and his level is ultimate, whereas attribute usually seems a bit more flexible than type and level (consider that every other digimon in that section of the site is listed as variable in attribute). So basically, I think that it means that Seraphimon, being the holiest of the holy, is always, always, always a vaccine (as are Angemon and Holy Angemon according to that link that I found).
[/quote]

That makes since, and it obviously can't mean that it's the template if two other Digimon have it.

Seymour Butz

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
[quote author=KrytenKoro link=topic=13377.msg175581#msg175581 date=1265597402]
That makes since, and it obviously can't mean that it's the template if two other Digimon have it.
[/quote]

Well, the evolutionary line as a whole could be a template. Then again, there is nothing about said ‘basis’ in Angemon and Holy Angemon's Digimon Dictionary profiles, just in that weird link, so whatever it is, perhaps it is a semi-scrapped concept that has now officially been scaled back to Seraphimon.

Angel-kun

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
why is it a weird link? some years ago the fans always checked that page for digimon 02 profiles when it was on air XD (ahh old times) XD

Inpu

Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Gerbemon
Perfect
Mutant
Virus
*Poop Bazooka
A trash can from a desktop computer which gained life and evolved into a Mutant Digimon. Unlike Scumon, which mutated from the discarded data of scum, this Digimon is the trash can itself. Until now garbage Digimon were said to be the absolute weakest, but with the arrival of Gerbemon that conventional wisdom will probably be reversed. Also, its trash can can act like a black hole, so that anything that is sucked into the trash can disappears from the Digital World without a trace. Its Special Move is a vile attack in which it fires from its bazooka, constructed from fastened empty cans (Poop Bazooka).
*Went ahead and translated "Unchi" straight to "Poop", since it's one of those weird katakana forms.

I'm almost done with Spinomon's, but I have even more exams coming up, so I might not get it done til this weekend.

Bakuryu Asuka

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
And careful saying he's weak. His attacks are indeed powerful. So powerful that it being reflected back at him was enough to defeat him.
[/quote]

That just means that his offense is stronger than his defense.

[quote author=Seymour Butz link=topic=13377.msg175487#msg175487 date=1265493760]
It is possible. They gave Arkadimon's child form its own profile, and further mentioned the super ultimate form in Demon's profile. They gave the two unique digimon from Next their own profiles. [/quote]

Eh, there is a little problem. Arkadimon was also used outside of V-Tamer, gaining Bandai Art. ( His forms are the Cards St-797 till St-800 )
VictoryGreymon and Z'dGarurumon are not unique to NEXT, as they are the Stars in the Digimon Twin V-Pet. NEXT just promoted them a bit.

[quote author=Seymour Butz link=topic=13377.msg175487#msg175487 date=1265493760]
Generally, the profiles seem to be working backwards through the series after hitting most of the main characters from each. While V-Tamer ended after Frontier, it started before Adventure, so if we see those digimon they could be the last in the list.
[/quote]

Don't think that it works that way.

[quote author=Seymour Butz link=topic=13377.msg175582#msg175582 date=1265598262]
Well, the evolutionary line as a whole could be a template. Then again, there is nothing about said ‘basis’ in Angemon and Holy Angemon's Digimon Dictionary profiles, just in that weird link, so whatever it is, perhaps it is a semi-scrapped concept that has now officially been scaled back to Seraphimon.
[/quote]

It's not a weird link but the official website for the D-3 Digivice!
Profiles varying at times is not an unusual thing. Somtimes they are changed a bit ( Rosemon to reflect Savers, Tailmon to reflect 02, Angewomon to reflect her change from Angel to Archangel, QueenChessmon and Spinomon to name a few ), sometimes they are very outdated by now, like WarGreymon's ( surpassed by several other Dragon Man Digimon, even if it stays in the family if we don't count Ancient Dragon Man ), MarinAngemon's ( we know the Code ), or Dukemon ( does only mention him, Omegamon and Magnamon as the Royal Knights )

Inpu

Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Spinomon
Ultimate
Dinosaur
Virus
*Sonic Slash Rain
*Blue Prominence

A Dinosaur Digimon that inhabits the green depths of the jungle. It boasts the greatest and strongest powers among the Dinosaur Digimon living in the Digital World, and it is said that it possesses strength equal to that of DinoRexmon. Due to its extreme belligerence it leads a highly brutal existence, but the latest research has made it clear that it possesses astonishing intelligence. The blades on its back have become its greatest feature, and since they possess excellent defensive and offensive abilities, if it suffers a direct attack, the attacker is forced to suffer nearly fatal wounds. Its Special Moves are shooting off the blades on its back all at once (Sonic Slash Rain), and converting the metal accumulated within its body into plasma by superheating it up to 15000°, then rapidly fires it (Blue Prominence). As the blades on its back keep growing back in an inexhaustible supply, it shouldn't rely on just the ones it has already fired.
*I'm a bit unsure about the very last clause - the grammar is literally

"number of shots (wo) had better not anticipate/depend on".

Though "number of shots" could possibly be "Shot-scraps/slices".

I believe that I got the gist of it, but if anyone has any pointers, please give them.

Wildermon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Today's readable profiles for the Western Digimon fan set are as follows:

Jagamon
A Digimon of the Mimetic type who is able to hide his body from the enemy with his seemingly potato-like looks. He doesn't like to fight so much, and although he has a cowardly nature, his hidden combat efficiency is at a very high level. He is a peaceful being who loves eating and sleeping. He has a very tough epidermis, and by tucking his head into his hands and feet and curling up, he is able to endure the opponent's attacks. The bud on his head is said to play the part of a radar that perceives movement from all directions; as soon as he detects an enemy nearby, he hides himself underground, bar the bud itself. His special attack is "Smash Potato", which fires parts of his epidermis.

Piedmon
An elusive Demon Man type Digimon who is shrouded in mystery and appeared suddenly one day. There are a lot of mysteries surrounding Demon Man, Demon and Undead type Digimon, such as whether they all have something in common and what are their true colours. It's unknown as to why he appeared and for what purpose, and so far there hasn't been a suitable method for clarifying any theories. However, he bears strong, matchless powers, and when you encounter Piedmon, the only fate he might have in store for you is his curse. His special attack is "Trump Sword", an unescapable technique which teleports the four swords from the "Magic Square" on his back and uses them to stab the enemy with.

Bakuryu Asuka

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Looks like Digimon Channel works no longer. Guess they are finished with moving everything to Digimon.net.

Our first Digimon debuted in the very first Pendulum ( and was replaced by the much better Angewomon in the 0.5 Version of the same ), first appeared in the Anime in Tamers and was Togemon's alternate Perfect in Tag and D-1 Tamers. Here is Jyagamon!

Our second Digimon was pretty much the Leader of the Dark Masters in Digimon Adventure, but was also the the partner of Sigma of the Alias III in V-Tamer! Here is Piemon!

Inpu

Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Piemon
Ultimate
Demon Man
Virus
*Trump Sword

Appearing unexpectedly with an eccentric figure, it is a Demon Man Digimon that is wholly wrapped in mysteries. Demon Man Digimon have many mysterious qualities, and since Demon- and Undead-species are basically beings from another reality, their true forms are not totally understood. Why it appeared, and the purpose of its existence are also unclear, and there are currently no means to clarify those questions. However, its strength is without equal, and if you happen to stumble across Piemon, you should do nothing but curse your fate. Its Special Move is an inescapable technique in which it teleports the four swords that pierce the “Magic Box” on its back, cuasing them to skewer the opponent in the following instant (Trump Sword).
*The “another reality” line seems to be saying – Demons are from Hell, Undead are from the Other Side, so they can’t be understood as material creatures. I don't know why it suddenly decided to go into mind-screw territory here, but I think I caught the gist of it.

Inpu

Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
[quote author=Vande link=topic=13377.msg175802#msg175802 date=1265982493]
Could it mean 'The Dark Area'?
[/quote]

That's likely the physical explanation, but from what the grammar implies, the line is about how demons and zombies are Other, and cannot be understood how animals or people would be.

Jyagamon
Perfect
Plant
Vaccine
*Smash Potato
A mimicking Digimon which is able to hide itself from opponents with its potato-like appearance. Although it has a timid personality and doesn’t much like to fight, its hidden combat abilities are extremely great. In fact, with its peaceful personality it loves to eat and sleep. Since its rind is several orders harder than it looks, it can curl up its limbs and head to allow it to endure the opponent’s attacks. The visible portion of its sprout serves as radar which can perceive the motion of enemies above and behind it, so even if its head is hidden it can take in the conditions of its surroundings, and understand them. Its Special Move is firing off portions of its rind (Smash Potato).

Grimulfr

Phweet!
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
[quote author=KrytenKoro link=topic=13377.msg175786#msg175786 date=1265946208]
{Spinomon Bio}

*I'm a bit unsure about the very last clause - the grammar is literally

"number of shots (wo) had better not anticipate/depend on".

Though "number of shots" could possibly be "Shot-scraps/slices".

I believe that I got the gist of it, but if anyone has any pointers, please give them.
[/quote]

You just misread a word, is all.

...dangire wo kitei shinai hou ga ii.

...so don't count on him running out of ammunition.

More literally, "not expecting his bullets to run out is best."

Grimulfr

Phweet!
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeah, you're right. I was just reading the line and not the profile as a whole.

Bakuryu Asuka

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Update Time! Two more Digimon who debuted in the Anime!

This heavy-armed Mummy debuted in Adventure 02 and was a henchmon of the Big Bad. He also had a crush on Archnemon! He was also in X-Evolution as a good guy and NEXT as dog food. Here is Mummymon!

This Digimon is the evolved, or rather transformed form of Locomon and debuted in the second Tamers Movie. Here is GrandLocomon!