Digimon Channel: Pics and Translation Thread

Amandil7

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I kinda love this design! Idk why I assumed it would be a Mega. I hope we get to see it in Ghost Game

Bartz

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I like how despite having that prominent mouth, his profile says he refuses to use it as he prefers to fight with his swords. It gives him a bit of a restrained beast feel, which is fitting considering the design similarities to the brutal Gyukimon.

Really hope this guy appears in the anime. Even ignoring the potential to GG Ryudamon it looks like it'd be an exciting Digimon to watch onscreen.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Reference Book update!

shinmonzaemon_november24_2022.jpg

ShinMonzaemon (EN)

Bancho

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
yes! They kept the vaccine typing!! I didn't want them to break the Virus - Data - Vaccine triangle the perfect levels had.
Its distaste for digimon above the rookie level remind me a ton of Petermon, so I really headcanon it as Petermon's goonie now.
As for how it attacks, it launching parts of its body reminds me a lot of Yellow Devil from Mega Man

Muur

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So if ShinMonzaemon is in love with all Digimon Child level and below but hates all Digimon above that, he hates other Monzaemon/ShinMonzaemon. Also a bit sus in the first place, Shin
yes! They kept the vaccine typing!! I didn't want them to break the Virus - Data - Vaccine triangle the perfect levels had.
Its distaste for digimon above the rookie level remind me a ton of Petermon, so I really headcanon it as Petermon's goonie now.
As for how it attacks, it launching parts of its body reminds me a lot of Yellow Devil from Mega Man
He would hate Petermon too

Eitaroutarouman

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So if ShinMonzaemon is in love with all Digimon Child level and below but hates all Digimon above that, he hates other Monzaemon/ShinMonzaemon. Also a bit sus in the first place, Shin
He would hate Petermon too
The enemy of my enemy is my friend?

Sparrow Hawk

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
For "Shin" in Monzaemon... He sure have tons of bizarreness things.

Vaccine? It's too evil looking! It makes somebody faint by just gently touching! And... It hates beyond Child levels for having "impure"? He could be new friends with Petermon but no Petermon's level is Adult so ShinMonzaemon surely will hate that.

Yup nothing "Vaccine"-ish about him lol but I can see why he is Ultimate level. He have Eosmon's power to cause somebody faint out instead of digitizing memories to store and it has the pierce power just to attack to the digicore directly just like LadyDevimon X and mysterious goo is too dangerous.

So... How is it huggable?!

Tortoiseshel

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
There's plenty of creepy looking Vaccines: Cyberdramon, Kabuterimon, Snimon, Dobermon, Craniummon... I don't see why Shin Monzaemon is so unbelievable.

Noni

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I had to reread the profile a few times, because it brings a lot of questions that kept me wondering about ShinMonzaemon's relationship with it's environment and the digimon in it. There is a theme of both sleep and nightmares around it that I find interesting.

A Puppet Digimon that Digivolved as a result of nightmare-related data absorbed and analyzed by Monzaemon. At first glance, it looks like a teddy bear, but is actually made of a mysterious substance that is both squishy and amorphous, like some kind of cross between slime and clouds.
It's body is soft and fluffy, like clouds! Like how children media often presents them as fluffy beds you can sleep on. It's a result of nightmare-related data absorbed and analyzed by Monzaemon. But what did Monzaemon take from this data? Does it despise nightmares or craves them? I wonder because this might answer a few other questions I have about it.

When ShinMonzaemon feeds, it extends its soft wings to envelope its prey. Since its entire body is made of extremely powerful energy, even the softest touch from it is said to be enough to cause very weak Digimon to lose consciousness.
ShinMonzaemon's special moves include Nightmare Rain, in which it sends countless parts of its body flying to steal its target's consciousness
So we know it feeds on other digimon, and it does that by putting them to sleep. It's move also steals the target's consciousness, I wonder how literal this is. Does it mean here simply "they sleep" or is more literal, and it feeds on the consciousness of it's prey? The Monzaemon-family does have a deep connection to affecting digimon emotions, for good or bad, so being an emotional vampire or a psychic vampire of some sort wouldn't be too far-fetched.

On the other hand, ShinMonzaemon considers Digimon that have grown beyond Rookie to be repulsive existences imbued with impure data, and despises even being close to them.
However, it also despises digimon who grow beyond child-level. It dislikes to even be close to them which makes me wonder what it means when you consider this line:

It likes simple and cute things, causing it to target immature Digimon Rookie level and below.
So, we know weak digimon easily lose consciouness close to it, and also seems to target child-level digimon. The meaning of target here is not clear to me, and I do not know enough japanese to be sure if it means it simply seeks their company because it likes them or if they are it's prey. You would assume it's prey consists of mostly Adult-level and above, since it doesn't like them and consider them "impure", however if it can barely stand being around them, would it eat them or consider them prey?

Wouldn't they be "gross" food for ShinMonzaemon? We also know weak digimon fall more easily to sleep around it, so I keep wondering if we are not seeing a Hypno from Pokémon situation here where it craves sweet dreams of children.

I do think that's a rather dark interpretation of it's profile, and highly speculative, too. It might instead be quite the opposite, and since it evolved by analyzing nightmare data, it craves to eat nightmares, instead. And keeps the little ones safe and sleeping well and sound by eating their consciousness nightmares.

We also know that Vaccine-attribute Digimon fight to keep important data in their environment protected from Virus-types. So I can totally see it also just removing anything "icky" from it's environment, which with it's child logic also includes Adult and above levels. So it would be the ideal digimon for a Village of Beginnings kind of setting.

These are just some thoughts I had reading it's profile. What do you folks think about it? How does ShinMonzaemon relates to it's environment and the digimon around it? Is it a child protector or a sweet child-level digimon hoarder? None of the above?

I am overthinking this, but I am a bit bored, so might as well discuss it.

Last edited:

Bancho

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
@Noni after your analysis, what I'm picturing is that ShinMonzaemon is preying on child and baby digimon because it's easy to have them pass out so it can eat their nightmares. This could technically be a positive thing as it's removing negative dream data from its environment (thus its vaccine typing) but it's also true that it's preying on them for food.
I do like the image you put in my head that the reason Monzaemon absorbed and analyzed dream data to become ShinMonzaemon is because a lot of other digimon have been using it as a bed to sleep on.

I wonder if ShinMonzaemon ever gets fooled into thinking small digimon like Mamemon, MarinAngemon, or Meteormon are children

Sparrow Hawk

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Tortoiseshel: Yup and Machmon, too...

I usually think the Vaccine types are more heroic but ShinMonzaemon's profile makes me think he is too dangerous to confront. It's better to hide your digimon partner safely. It's impossible to tell if ShinMonzaemon is trying to be friendly with no ill intentions but to desire some company or actively seeking out for some company but he is simply huge disaster walking creature yelling "I want friends!" in Ghost Game style approach.

Look like ShinMonzaemon have impure monitoring sensor sense to detect "impure" within digimons whose are higher levels.

Nightmare Rain is somewhat scary to imagine.

e105zeta

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I like the idea that it’s Petermon’s final stage.

I love Shin Monzaemon, tied for my favorite Ultimate with Noble Pumpmon.

Now hopefully the color series continues so that Giromon, Piccolomon, and Nanomon get new Ultimates too. I’d also like ExTyranomon to have Pinocchimon replaced with a Shin Tyranomon.

Shiningmon

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Proximamon has a really weird design on his dots model (like, you can clearly see he's using some sort of halberd but the blade of the halberd has another digimon's helmet/head on it and it looks like that head is like a stand since we see an arm/claws on his right shoulder...)

Really the official Artwork to be fixed (but clearly Proximamon = Canoweissmon + Zanmetsumon) and frankly I love Acturusmon's dots ^^

Noni

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
@Noni after your analysis, what I'm picturing is that ShinMonzaemon is preying on child and baby digimon because it's easy to have them pass out so it can eat their nightmares. This could technically be a positive thing as it's removing negative dream data from its environment (thus its vaccine typing) but it's also true that it's preying on them for food.
I do like the image you put in my head that the reason Monzaemon absorbed and analyzed dream data to become ShinMonzaemon is because a lot of other digimon have been using it as a bed to sleep on.

I wonder if ShinMonzaemon ever gets fooled into thinking small digimon like Mamemon, MarinAngemon, or Meteormon are children
I think it must be something like this, yeah.

I wonder how it would react to more malicious Child-level Digimon.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Last edited:

Muur

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm glad DarkKnightmon gets his own Mega form that focuses on him. Still a fusion rather than anything natrual but it's better than nothing or being fodder for DarknessBagramon. Alo just realised the Darkness come from DarkKnightmon. Huh. The dragon doesn't resemble MetalGreymon at all so there's no reason he can't just evolve and magically grow a dragon. Also this could've/could be used for 2020 Tai and Kari if you sub in regular MetalGreymon lol... in fact do it Bandai give Tai and Kari this as an evil fusion of theirs.

They don't list this as half XW level which is odd. Guess they'll prob realise in a few days and ninja edit it as per norm for recent DRB profiles.

Surprised they drew a new art rather than reused the one from Digimon Life. Or at least it's an art we haven't seen before, could be old and had been unused etc. Either way, this is a good addition. Counts as two arcetypes in the card game also, Knight and Grey, so you can combine both in a deck.

Mattman324

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Or at least it's an art we haven't seen before, could be old and had been unused etc.
It has those same border lines that Xros Wars Greymon and a few other Digimon that got official art in that era have, if it's not from then it's at least from that artist.

Noni

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The good chemicals that hit my brain every time the "Digimon without a profile in the Digimon Reference Book list" gets shorter.

The profile is very short, and basically details how it's a digixros of Darkknightmon and Metalgreymon, and how this enhances it's power. Followed by the moves descriptions. Is very basic, but is not bad.

I hope the other digimon from the games get added in the following sets.

They don't list this as half XW level which is odd. Guess they'll prob realise in a few days and ninja edit it as per norm for recent DRB profiles.
I was under the impression that this was a tag that was implemented while the anime first season was being aired, and that was phased out. Has any Digimon added to the DRB since they gave them proper levels been given the Xros level?