Digimon Channel: Pics and Translation Thread

Noni

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm guessing the DRB has images set to display in CMYK, then? I don't remember much from graphic design, I only recall is the one used for printable media. It's odd they would choose this for a web database.

Most people are not familiar with the concept of colorspace, so is not a surprise to be confused by this. It can be quite confusing.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Reference book update for a new Digimon!

publimon_october1_2022.jpg

Publimon (EN)

Eitaroutarouman

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I was wondering when GG would debut a new 'mon out of nowhere again. Hasn't done that since Uver.

Muur

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Huh, a new Digimon. Reminds me of Galarian Slowking. The fact he prints newspapers prob means Agumon Expert hates him but then I guess it depends if it's tabloid or not. I'm sure Fake Agumon Expert likes to give him fake rumours to spread disarray if so. I hope he has sports in the back like a true newspaper.

Noni

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It has a certain appmon feel to it's design, like Reviewmon or Kosomon. I like it, looks like a weirdo.

There is definitely a space for new digimon that are more literal representations of online data, than the more abstract but thematic ones, like Meramon being born from a Firewall, or Guardromon guarding them. Or marine digimon habitating the Net Ocean.

I like both kinds, of course.

HeroWars

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
They need to Digimonize Fakemon Charismon and Biomon as mega level. Actually I really like Beautymon and Warudamon, but digimon already has Angewomon Mastemon Witchmon LadyDevimon, what can I do.

Entermon looks like a mix of Etemon and Puppetmon, but I think there's still hope. Oujamon is like Panjyamon (Although I was expecting a design like Oujamon for Panyamon's mega level), Globemon might be an appmon version of Wargreymon.

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
When I joked on the Discord about them bringing Appmon back this week, I had no idea how right I was.

e105zeta

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Insert the “they’re the same picture meme” but with Kosomon and Publimon.

Sparrow Hawk

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wow I was so surprised to see a new digimon that didn't get mentioned in Bracelet news.

This design is too way POKEMON! But mixed with Appmon.

Data...? Seriously? What the Hades?

Hmm Mutant type... Adult level... Maybe it could be perfect for this to be "Data type" version of Numemon/Scumon.
But this is slightly stronger than those.

I do think this Publimon may be good option for Digitamamon's random evo line. Sea shell to Chicken egg shell... And their battle techniques are pretty bizarre and somewhat alien.

Eitaroutarouman

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I wonder if the Appmon similarities are intentional considering it's the 6 year anniversary.

Noni

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wow I was so surprised to see a new digimon that didn't get mentioned in Bracelet news.

This design is too way POKEMON! But mixed with Appmon.

Data...? Seriously? What the Hades?

Hmm Mutant type... Adult level... Maybe it could be perfect for this to be "Data type" version of Numemon/Scumon.
But this is slightly stronger than those.

I do think this Publimon may be good option for Digitamamon's random evo line. Sea shell to Chicken egg shell... And their battle techniques are pretty bizarre and somewhat alien.
it publishes articles and gathers information. why not Data.

Tarama

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
From the art style we can say the one who illustrated this is the one who did most Appmon profile arts.

BeelzebumonBlastMode

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So he's like a tabloid journalist digimon? I wonder whether the shell like hat is a reference to Shellmon in Digimon World and his news board.

sirtao

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I like absolute everybody agree Publimon is a Appmon LOL

Opinion: given his Profile, his anime iteration would have worked PERFECTLY as virus-variant.
Publimon Data as "News at any cost"
Publimon Virus as "Clicks at any cost"

Sparrow Hawk

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
it publishes articles and gathers information. why not Data.

Yeah but seeing him in Ghost Game, he felt like it's more of Virus type and uses the information to increase his blog's popularity by harming his "followers".

But I'm sure it's only his mere personality. In the future, probably there'll be different Publimons with harmless intentions like Darklizamon and Saberdramon did.

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
But it does equal changing one’s environment rather than simply existing in it.

Mattman324

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
When I joked on the Discord about them bringing Appmon back this week, I had no idea how right I was.
Every Digimon series since the release of Applimon has had more in common with it than they have with every series prior to that show in terms of structure, so them eventually starting to dip more into its character design as well isn't that shocking all things considered.

Muur

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Every Digimon series since the release of Applimon has had more in common with it than they have with every series prior to that show in terms of structure, so them eventually starting to dip more into its character design as well isn't that shocking all things considered.
Does suck for Appmon that they'd rather make new Digimon that do the same thing rather than just use the Appmon. It's almost like it never actually existed