Digimon Channel: Pics and Translation Thread

Noni

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Interesting, I didn't pick it, but I am not that trained on looking for their art style.

I can see some of it in their older work, but the recent card game one is hard to see any resemblance.

Tarama

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Interesting, I didn't pick it, but I am not that trained on looking for their art style.

I can see some of it in their older work, but the recent card game one is hard to see any resemblance.
It's easier to see the resemblance in their other profile arts. Card artworks, especially the new DCG, can vary according to certain ambience the artist wants to make in it.

I might be wrong on the artist of Gyukimon profile art, but I think it's Nakano Haito.

Sparrow Hawk

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It's really easy to tell.

Kenji: Rough for black lines on shading, shadows and usually draw up one or two of the drawn creature's limbs shadowed.

Nakano Haito: So much less rough drawings and borrowed Kenji's art style with rough details

Soh: Well pretty much of the "best" arts in every way.

I was shocked to learn Espiomn's profile mentioning Crack Team but I can't help wondering if it's clearly referred to Area 51 reference for the "military" of Crack Team's deepest secret base?

Gyukimon's profile didn't mention anything pointing to Dokugumon... Or Minotaurmon. But the Ghost Game episode's Study Files did said about Gyuki monster. So I think Gyukimon's bottom body, that spider is pretty much fake spider with the poison tubes instead of venomous spider organs. I really like this design because it look like it is mixed of frankstein spider created in the shady lab and youkai monster.

So... Gyukimon creating Gyukimon copies is just Ghost Game's thing? Because the profile revealed it's high toxic liquid and poisonous gas and nothing on the nasty transformation....

DigiKing Tamer

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It's really easy to tell.

Kenji: Rough for black lines on shading, shadows and usually draw up one or two of the drawn creature's limbs shadowed.

Nakano Haito: So much less rough drawings and borrowed Kenji's art style with rough details

Soh: Well pretty much of the "best" arts in every way.

I was shocked to learn Espiomn's profile mentioning Crack Team but I can't help wondering if it's clearly referred to Area 51 reference for the "military" of Crack Team's deepest secret base?

Gyukimon's profile didn't mention anything pointing to Dokugumon... Or Minotaurmon. But the Ghost Game episode's Study Files did said about Gyuki monster. So I think Gyukimon's bottom body, that spider is pretty much fake spider with the poison tubes instead of venomous spider organs. I really like this design because it look like it is mixed of frankstein spider created in the shady lab and youkai monster.

So... Gyukimon creating Gyukimon copies is just Ghost Game's thing? Because the profile revealed it's high toxic liquid and poisonous gas and nothing on the nasty transformation....
I mean, anime-exclusive powers are nothing new. Even back in the OG Adventure.

Noni

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It seems to just be a reference to the youkai, in which case for this series it feels appropriate.

Eitaroutarouman

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I did some research, but found no references to ushi-oni turning others into them.

Rohan

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I did some research, but found no references to ushi-oni turning others into them.
It might be a super obscure regional variant or something as Gegege no Kitarou had the exact same plotline of the Gyuki infecting people and turning them into new Gyuki. :unsure:

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Or Digimon’s just ripping stuff off. lol

Of course, either way, it’s a standard horror trope, seen with vampires, werewolves, and, in modern pop culture, zombies.

Sparrow Hawk

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Huh Gyuki youkai didnt have that ability? I guess Ghost Game's interesting abilities gave to digimon to make it feel like as if I am watching a horror tv show...

Yamato-san

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Huh Gyuki youkai didnt have that ability? I guess Ghost Game's interesting abilities gave to digimon to make it feel like as if I am watching a horror tv show...
I mean, Gegege no Kitaro was occupying the same timeslot little more than a year before Ghost Game debuted.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Reference book update, and a new Digimon!

greymonbluex_september1_2022.jpg

Greymon (Blue) X (EN)

YongYoKyo

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Jesus, that came out of left field. I wonder if that means something X-Antibody-related in the future.

I like that the red stripes connect to Agumon X (Virus). As an evolution of Agumon X (Virus), I still prefer DarkTyrannomon X, but not so much as a pre-evolution of MetalGreymon X (Virus).

Illu

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Eh? That's random as hell. Anyone got any idea what it might be used for?

Maybe this will be BlackWarX support in the card game as Yuuya and Black's Adult level?

On the other hand, this is a cool as hell Digimon. The pose looks like the Tyrannomon is Survive's and the tail looks like a mixture of Greymon(2010) and Ultimate Brachiomons. Shoulder spikes remind me of Geogreymon and the hand bandages of Agumon (2006). The knee spikes look like Grey X's and arm spikes are like Growlmons

Last edited:

Muur

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That sure is random, only the second time a rando new guy was added to the DRB and the first time was kinda cheating in that it was a rookie version of KoDokugumon.

The part about it being intended for Yuuya's BlackWarGreymon X for the upcoming card set is a really good shout, it'd make a lot of sense for that.

I saw plenty complaining this guy didn't exist with them using DarkTyrannomon X instead so I guess those people can be happy about that.

It resembles Greymon 2010 more than BlackGreymon so it kinda feels like it's meant to be an X form for both of them.

YongYoKyo

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That sure is random, only the second time a rando new guy was added to the DRB and the first time was kinda cheating in that it was a rookie version of KoDokugumon.
Kodokugumon wasn't out of nowhere. There was an entire poll about it, which included BlackSeraphimon and KingScumon.

Kodokugumon receiving a redesign and a level reclassification when it was its turn was out of nowhere though.

Notus

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
He looks like the halfway point or fusion of Greymon (Blue) and Greymon (2010). I like how X-Antibodies generally distinguish recolors.
It's funny how regular X looks more bestial and this virus version looks more like a traditional Greymon

Tarama

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This is super random but I like it.

I wonder if something is coming. I thought we are not getting new X Antibody stuff again for a while since the end of Chronicle X. My best guess is for DCG but I welcome other possibility.

BlankShell

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That is pretty random. But I guess it was the only "missing" part of the line, so it's not ENTIRELY lacking context. Really it's the Garurumon X line that needs its black variants so we can finally get Zwart X lol.

Bancho

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm a really big fan of that canvas texture this has. The blue and red also pop off the background so well!
It's weirdly nostalgic art of an evil dino who will maul me