Digimon Channel: Pics and Translation Thread

Yamato-san

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Considering Xiquemon's name was shown to be written in Japanese as シーチューモン, I'm sure that's how it'll remain when the thing finally gets introduced to Japanese media.

Incidentally, if they keep up a trend of retaining the Chinese name for this line, I'm guessing that Huankunshou is going to end up as ゲンコンモン (Genkonmon) in Japanese, right? I don't know how Chinese works, but I think that Japan pronounces it based on particular kanji readings.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Reference book update!

canoweissmon_may14_2022.jpg

Canoweissmon (EN)

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Last edited:

Muur

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
What we've all been waiting for finally. Kinda annoyed they have Ceresmon Medium and Bacchus Deisui mode under one page but at least they're all here.

Also, in the first hour Jupiter Wrath mode was up they referred to it as Jupitermon Wraith Mode but they've fixed that error so I guess he isn't a ghost any more, shame that was a funny typo

Chimera-gui

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
What we've all been waiting for finally. Kinda annoyed they have Ceresmon Medium and Bacchus Deisui mode under one page but at least they're all here.
I was honestly expecting this, especially "Deisui mode" since the latter didn't seem like an actual mode change.

Yamato-san

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I was honestly expecting this, especially "Deisui mode" since the latter didn't seem like an actual mode change.
Doesn't seem like less of a difference than, say, Ginkakumon Promote.

Though I'm more disappointed with how they're treating Ceresmon Medium, which actually DID get its own separate identifier in Digimon Crusader (judging from the Wikimon galleries, anyway). Like, is this really the same Reference Book that formally separated Justimon by its Trinity Arms just a few years ago?

Muur

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Though I'm more disappointed with how they're treating Ceresmon Medium, which actually DID get its own separate identifier in Digimon Crusader (judging from the Wikimon galleries, anyway). Like, is this really the same Reference Book that formally separated Justimon by its Trinity Arms just a few years ago?

Deisui mode did too. Wikimoni just don't count it for whatever reason

Chimera-gui

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Ginkakumon Promote has a distinct profile and attack, neither apply to Medium or Crapulence.

Hell Heroes and Collectors are literally the only media to even even acknowledge the latter at all let alone treat either as a distinct species.

And the only reason Justimon got split was because the Encyclopedia’s original format did not support multiple images in a single profile.

If older profiles could have had multiple images, Justimon would not have been three profiles and the Maid Modes, Lucemon Larva and possibly even Leopard Mode and the aforementioned Promote would likely not exist as separate profiles either if “Splashmon Darkness Mode” is any indication.

Basically any alternate Mode’s profile from before October of 2021 should be placed under severe scrutiny as a species because many of them apart from the higher Level forms like Shoutmon King and Arresterdramon Superior Mode are likely not.

Last edited:

Yamato-san

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

I was referring to this. Digimon Crusader's cards seem to call it just バッカスモン "Baccusmon" whether it was in its Deisui Mode or not. Meanwhile, every single one of Ceresmon Medium's cards refer to it as such (ケレスモンメディウム).

Ginkakumon Promote has a distinct profile and attack, neither apply to Medium or Crapulence.

Hell Heroes and Collectors are literally the only media to even even acknowledge the latter at all let alone treat either as a distinct species.

And the only reason Justimon got split was because the Encyclopedia’s original format did not support multiple images in a single profile.

If older profiles could have had multiple images, Justimon would not have been three profiles and the Maid Modes, Lucemon Larva and possibly even Leopard Mode and the aforementioned Promote would likely not exist as separate profiles either if “Splashmon Darkness Mode” is any indication.

Basically any alternate Mode’s profile from before October of 2021 should be placed under severe scrutiny as a species because many of them apart from the higher Level forms like Shoutmon King and Arresterdramon Superior Mode are likely not.
It's not like the Digimon Reference Book didn't use multiple images before (in fact, Splashmon always had this problem, but aside from that, they'd show off things like Tokomon's teeth or Syakomon's shell). It's only fairly recently that they'd start making the images something that could be toggled.

Personally, I'm all for different forms getting a unique profile. Given the nature of the V-pets and even most of the games, Digimon are VERY limited in function, so it's not as if you could use more complex options such as, say, temporary form-switching mid-battle. The basic rule of thumb, at least as I see it, seems to be that every unique appearance (by which I mean an actually distinct form and not, say, a Digimon positioning itself to use a single attack) is worth counting as its own unit. And in the case of Ceresmon, ditching the bird continent to walk about on its own two feet should very much count as a distinct form.

Last edited:
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Does this mean now all the digimon in the latest card game are in the reference book too? Except for KingWhamon, Thetismon and Lamortmon. The latter two probably'll get added when they debut in the anime.

Chimera-gui

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It's not like the Digimon Reference Book didn't use multiple images before (in fact, Splashmon always had this problem, but aside from that, they'd show off things like Tokomon's teeth or Syakomon's shell). It's only fairly recently that they'd start making the images something that could be toggled.
Technically the problem was that “Splashmon Darkness Mode” as a moniker was very clearly invented for Xros Wars itself to use for the true form because the true was made a Digixrose in the anime just as other Digimon were made into Digixroses across various XW related media that fans latched onto as its own distinct species without question despite this being outright contradictory to Splashmon’s own profile.

And other stuff you mentioned was two depictions of the same creature within a single image, I’m talking about two or more separate, distinct pieces of artwork in the same profile.
Personally, I'm all for different forms getting a unique profile. Given the nature of the V-pets and even most of the games, Digimon are VERY limited in function, so it's not as if you could use more complex options such as, say, temporary form-switching mid-battle. The basic rule of thumb, at least as I see it, seems to be that every unique appearance (by which I mean an actually distinct form and not, say, a Digimon positioning itself to use a single attack) is worth counting as its own unit. And in the case of Ceresmon, ditching the bird continent to walk about on its own two feet should very much count as a distinct form.
The flaw there is that it always for abundantly non-canon garbage like Apocalymon Creepy Mode to be counted.

And recent virtual pet have done exactly what I bolded above, namely Damemon/Tuwarmon and MadLeomon/its Armed Mode. Now both of those examples are distinct species in their own right but it does indicate the importance of understanding if something is a distinct (sub)species in actual lore vs something was listed separately due to a programming conceit in a given game or the official site because a lot of stuff falls into the latter category.

Sparrow Hawk

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Whoa I didn't expect some profiles got new explanations on their battle techniques.

I was really surprised... Ceresmon actually have flame attacks?! It's really weird to imagine those Nature beings spitting out flames.

Whoa Plutomon's attacks. He is clearly basically AFRICAN PAINTED WOLF lol

Junomon Hysteric Mode's attack that produces hologram Jupitermon that is very unique. Are there any certain attacks OP like this outside of Digimon? I don't think seeing upon the sight of the hologram gets you vaporized away is common thing? I mean how does it work like that...? Too similar to Diablomon X's Rewind Abyss 13?

Jupitermon Wrath Mode is less impressive than I thought. But Dios Thunder isn't OP if it is clearly designed for evil digimons while it grants "Plot Armor" to the main characters if it missed... Ehh I wish it could be more unique attack.

Bacchusmon is obviously Buu... lol turning into snacks is pretty powerful.

DigiKing Tamer

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
OMG, could you guys please just appreciate that Bandi-senpai acknowledged the Olympos XII at all?

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

DigiKing Tamer

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I've been behind on Ghost Game. I'm guessing that the other main Digimon are getting their own Ultimate/Perfect Stages now?

Rohan

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I've been behind on Ghost Game. I'm guessing that the other main Digimon are getting their own Ultimate/Perfect Stages now?
Yes. Quite a bit later than the norm, but they're finally turning up.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Muur

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The fact it was in a trading card and a vpet but they wait till now to put it in annoys me

Chimera-gui

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The fact it was in a trading card and a vpet but they wait till now to put it in annoys me
To be fair, KingWhamon hasn't bee added despite having a card either. Bandai seems to prioritize the anime above anything else when it comes to Encyclopedia updates not linked to Profile reports since Adventure 2020 did this as well.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Last edited: