teslajellymon_december11_2021.png
symbareangoramon_december11_2021.png

TeslaJellymon
SymbareAngoramon

Sparrow Hawk

How deep the rabbit-hole goes
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Kenji's art style is getting improved really well on TeslaJellymon's hat. Look at that details!

SymbareAngoramon artwork is the coolest one ever I have seen for an adult level besides Stingmon, Bulkmon and Machmon.

JungleTrooper

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Finally! The Ghost Game debuts we all waited for. This brings the amount of RB entries of this year to 105, the biggest number shared together with 2019. One more and this will be the biggest year yet.

I hope December has even more to offer.

Sparrow Hawk

Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
When I first saw TeslaJellymon in the opening, I assumed the data of cosplay fashion taste or some kind of fashion show flew into Jellymon's Adult form but I really didn't expect she'd have that data of... Steel Cage Death Matches and search of simulation and pleasure?!

And SymbareAngoramon actually mentioned grace and beauty... Look like they swapped certain traits in TeslaJellymon and SymbareAngoramon.

Chimera-gui

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Another dud month for Field Guide updates? I would think we'd get more than two Digimon.

JungleTrooper

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Another dud month for Field Guide updates? I would think we'd get more than two Digimon.
Yeah, the latest poll (your favourite RB addition of 2021) and its description pretty much put a nail into more 2021 entries.

The last few months have been a bit 'meh', in terms of quantity mostly. Anime partner-Digimon aren't surprising additions, for them it's always a matter of 'when', not 'if'. This is different for a few old and obscure favourites, which inclusion might come as a legitimate surprise.

EDIT: Anyway, a little look at December's additions and what January could offer us:

December:
- Even though there were holidays, December wasn't skipped.
- 2 Anime-related Digimon (Tesla Jellymon and Symbare Angoramon), as predicted (Anime-related entries for protagonist Digimon).
- Sadly, no 'random' Profile-entries or others.

January:
- January has never been skipped.
- 2008-2017 almost always had weekly updates, mostly on fridays. So, 3-5 updates/entries a month.
- 2017 Changed to irregular updates mid-year, until December.
- 2018-2019 Changed to a regular pattern again, with an update once a month consisting of several entries (January added 8 entries in one go in 2018, and 4 in 2019).
- 2020 Was a lot more irregular again, with January adding 2 entries.
- 2021's Entries dealt with the anime (Komondomon) and the new Vital Bracelet Digimon (some of Pulsemon's evolutionary lines). No other 'random' Digimon.
- The 6th of January has been the earliest day for an entry, so there's no clear pattern of 'free' days.

All in all very hard to speculate what could happen. They could continue on this road: Focus on anime-related entries and a sporadic 'random' entry dealing with Profile-updates, or something different altogether. We probably won't know about a lot of products (thus, new Digimon) until the end of February (Digimon Con). So, probably no new Vital Bracelet Digimon for a while. January could be quite a 'dry' (ha) month, if this is the case. So, 2 new entries is my guess.

Last edited:

Sparrow Hawk

Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Oh GulusGammamon is really totally different. It's freaking Omegamon Zwart D version of BetelGammamon. Look at that all boney skinny body! The cape with black belt like Zwart D did! And skinny bird feets!

But it still didn't explain why all Adult forms have skeleton line patterns... I'm really curious.

DigiKing Tamer

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
My best guess is the rule of cool that the Japanese often operate on for kid-oriented media.

Sparrow Hawk

Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeah! But should I take as that bad sign?

Yamato-san

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I forget if it was this thread or another one, but I previously brought up the potential for more digital lifeforms in the Reference Book (with Yggdrasil and N.E.O. being, I think, the only ones there thus far). Seems relevant to bring up again now that D-Reaper's getting added as a playable in yet another piece of card-based media.

RyummaSama

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yes! Ciel Awaken is finally official!! So stoked and the art is hella cool!!!!

Geode

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wow, Ciel Awaken looks cool with the lightning sword, I wonder if we’ll see it appear in Ghost Game if Ciel returns.

Muur

Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Finally! now why wasnt this earlier so I could vote them in the poll!? kinda weird their backgrounds are blue that's not consistent with other Digimon, but, it's better than nothing and hey they even gained a new attack each compared to their video game selves

Chimera-gui

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
And we finally get a monthly update after three fucking months of nothing but Digimon that debuted in Ghost Game, thank the Almighty.

And yes, I'm fully aware of the irony of my statement in relation to nun-themed Digimon.

Tarama

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
A Dim card for three Sistermon isn't bad idea. We might as well get their shared pre-evolutions.

Bancho

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Ciel > Noir
my favorite Sistermon