Digimon Channel: Pics and Translation Thread

JungleTrooper

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Technically speaking, the synopsis edit didn't change the name for "Negamon", the Digimon that evolves to "Kuzurumon/Abaddomon". Since it's confirmed that "Kuzurumon" was referring to "Abaddomon", then this "Negamon" either refers to the second form, or they completely skipped over the second form. In the case of the former, together with the V-Jump magazine, there are now two official sources calling the second form "Negamon".
I think that pretty much means a nail in the Kuzurumon-coffin.

We've had quite some surprises this month:
- The Ghost Game partners receiving entries in advance of the episodes. Including Baby 1 and Baby 2 stages.
- The 10th anniversary of Xros Wars' 54th episode featuring two entries.

The Negamon/Abbadomon entries were pretty easy to guess after the tv-guide listings came out. A 'legacy'-update was also quite likely, even though its contents are harder to guess (this one consisted of Pile Volcamon, Dokunemon, Modoki Betamon, Raijinmon and Raidenmon).

October is like a wild-card:
- Ghost Game might introduce new partner stages, or new Digimon altogether. Even though the focus seems to be on older Digimon used as antagonists thus far.
- We never know what Digimon Profile will bring, especially if we look at the updates from the last couple of months. Which have meant nothing for the Reference Book.
- Probably no new Dim-card Digimon, the likes of volume 1-3.

My prediction: A bit of a cooling-down compared to september; 1 or 2 updates for Ghost Game Digimon (Adult-level partners) and 1 'legacy' update. It might pull another september and have a few pleasant surprises which surpass expectations, so let's see what'll happen! Friday the 1st could very well be the day for an early october-entry, as roughly 1/3rd of the updates were accompanied by another update in the same week.
With October about to end and November right around the corner, let's recap and also make a prediction for the upcoming month.

The recap:
- October did indeed have fewer entries than September (8 compared to 19).
- We got an update featuring the 3 (Adult-stage) Gammamon digivolutions, as predicted (1-2 Ghost Game related entries, turned out to be 1).
- We once again got a 'random' legacy-update, consisting of Digimon not tied to current media: Black Gargomon, Black Rapidmon and Omegamon Zwart (Defeat). As predicted, these kind of updates seem to be a new 'monthly' occurence, starting in June (and with the exception of August).
- We got one very pleasant surprise in the form of a Profile-update giving us entries for Shortmon and Weddinmon. Really hard to predict these kind of updates, since months had passed since the last of these updates giving us new entries for the DRB.

The November-prediction (not necessarily in this order):
- Another Ghost Game related update, probably centred around the protagonist Digimon (around 1-2 updates, 1-4 entries total).
- Another 'random' update for 'legacy'-Digimon (1 update, 3-7 entries total).
- One break week-without any updates (let's be bold; It will be the first week of November).
- Since Profile-updates with new entries are very rare, I'm not betting on it this time.
- Betting on 7-11 entries in total.

Let's see what happens!

@BeelzebumonBlastMode Aaah, fair enough, I get your point.;)

Last edited:

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Ghost Game related reference book update!

blacktailmonuver_november28_2021.png

BlackTailmon Uver.

Chimera-gui

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I was legitimately not expecting another variant in the vein of Agumon Expert and Terriermon Assistant.

What the hell does Uver mean anyway?

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I was legitimately not expecting another variant in the vein of Agumon Expert and Terriermon Assistant.

What the hell does Uver mean anyway?

Without digging to see if there is some other potential, and based on what little we know of the character... I would assume (for now) a shortening/corruption of 'mover' or 'Uber', or potentially both.

zoosmell

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
God, please let this mean Pistmon will be featured in Ghost Game at some point.

JungleTrooper

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Uver is probably the Ghost Game variant of Uber.

What an odd entry this is.

e105zeta

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Now I want an episode that’s just BlackTailmon and Pistmon trying to make deliveries with the investigators in the background

Yamato-san

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Dammit, I called it!

So the BlackTailmon in Ghost Game..... MAYBE it's just a BlackTailmon wearing clothes, but is anyone else getting the feeling that they'll pull an Agumon-hakase and give it its own profile, just because they can? Come to think of it, they still haven't given a profile to another assistant Digimon: Xros Wars's Clockmon (even though it actually does look different enough to warrant one).

Bancho

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I was hoping it would just be a normal BlackGatomon that way we can see more Digimon in bizarre, cute outfits without assuming they're different species. But at the same time, it doesn't really matter and I got a whole write up about this cute individual from it so it was gaining something nice in the end

Now I want an episode that’s just BlackTailmon and Pistmon trying to make deliveries with the investigators in the background
I want this so bad now

JungleTrooper

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
With November coming at its end, let's have another recap:
- My prediction was almost completely wrong; This month was an extreme outlier with only one Anime-related entry, and nothing else.
- In 2021, the time between entries exceeded the 14 days mark only 4 times: Twice in the July-August period (before and after Hydramon) and twice in the October-November period.
- This update marks the longest wait between entries for 2021: 31 days.
- The July-November period had 38 entries, and is comparatively less packed than the first six months of 2021 (with 65 entries).
- Those 'random' updates consisting of older Digimon are harder to pinpoint than expected, as they don't seem to be a new monthly occurence.
- No new entries accompanied the Digimon Profile updates for this month, as expected.

Let's take a look at December:
- December is a holiday-filled month, but only 2020 had a very low amount of entries (just one: Pulsemon).
- It has never been skipped.
- December (2008-2020) has an average of 6 entries (I couldn't find information on 2007's exact dates of entry). 2016 Had the second-lowest, with 3 entries (back when entries were weekly). The other years had 4+ entries.
- The Anime might introduce 1-3 more new (partner) Digimon (Gulus Gammamon's inclusion could be close).
- We could once again get a 'random' update, or entries related to Profile. Hard to predict.
- We're at 103 entries now for the year 2021, let's hope it will overtake 2019's 105 entries!

December might continue the slowed-down pace of new entries, but it could also easily roll out +-5 of them, divided over 2 or so updates (if we take other years into account). An Anime-related update is likely, a 'random'- or Profile-update is hard to predict, but not unlikely. Let's see what happens!

Rohan

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I too had just assumed that it was a normal BlackTailmon in a costume so this is a pretty interesting development. I wonder if that means it’ll have a new Evolution since the way its face is drawn kinda looks male to me.

IndustrialPanic

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Honestly shocking update. Up until now Uver felt more like the "elder"versions of digimon from Frontiers than an new species, so I'm a little surprised that it got a RB entry with unique text that isn't just a slightly edit version of BlackTailmon's.

Now, everyone figured that Uver was going to be an at least somewhat important character to GG (maybe Hokuto's partner), but the fact that it's officially being treated as a distinct species does make me think that it's gonna get an unique evolution.

JungleTrooper

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It's as much of a new 'species' as Agumon Hakase or Terriermon Assistant.

Bancho

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
a Professor Gargomon would probably get so much thirst art.

I'm definitely hoping this Gatomon gets a unique evolution. With regular Gatomon now having LovelyAngemon, it would be cool for BlackGatomon to also get a form that doesn't have a vaccine parallel

HeavyLeomon

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Even if it only has a secondary role in the series, i hope they at least make it an evolution line, like kamemon in savers.
If thats the case I hope his evos to look masculine, since regular blacktailmon and tailmon are more attached to feminine looking digimons.

Sparrow Hawk

How deep the rabbit-hole goes
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wha? That is really strange update and interesting.

BlackTailmon Uver? What odd and weird name. I guess she is not much different from Agumon Hakase and Terriermon Assistant if they are given the jobs.

The one thing is standing out on BlackTailmon Uver's eyes. it's very cat-like instead of usual Digimon eyes. I know there was twitter post said due to her job and tiredness. But doing the job to lose fish eyes in process or what? Haha. Oh well let's hope it's no more of alternative costumes afterwards...

Yamato-san

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
BlackTailmon Uver? What odd and weird name.
Speaking of which, how are you even supposed to pronounce "Uver"? I didn't see any kana spelling. Is it literally just ウーバー "Uber", but changed to avoid copyright issues? Or could it be something more like ウーヴェル "uuveru"?