Digimon Channel: Pics and Translation Thread

Sparrow Hawk

How deep the rabbit-hole goes
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I wonder why BlackSaintGalgomon didn't come along with this update and BlackMirageGaogamon never exist?

But whatever. I hope this future updates will continue to surprise us.

The Chaos Entity

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I wonder why BlackSaintGalgomon didn't come along with this update and BlackMirageGaogamon never exist?

But whatever. I hope this future updates will continue to surprise us.
As was pointed out prior, BlackMegaGargomon is already in the reference book.

YongYoKyo

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
If they actually do a Black Digitron themed profile, I hope they'll include more, if not all, forgotten black Digimon like BlackXV-mon, BlackV-dramon, BlackStingmon, BlackGuilmon, BlackBishopChessmon, BlackShoutmonX7, and BlackImperialdramonFM, instead of just this 3 as new ones.
Unless they reveal more information about Black Digitron that says otherwise, Black Digitron doesn't change the attribute of the host Digimon (given the precedent of Zwart, BlackGaogamon line, and now these two). Thus, most of those examples wouldn't fit with the theme, as they are recolored due to being alternate-attribute subspecies.

As for the examples that do retain their attributes, the Chessmons are a completely different concept, and the BlackGrowmon line already established that the color is due to their Virus nature being more pronounced. Shoutmon X7 is unknown, as it hasn't been assigned an attribute yet since that major DRB update.

Lord Bearmon

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
If they actually do a Black Digitron themed profile, I hope they'll include more, if not all, forgotten black Digimon like BlackXV-mon, BlackV-dramon, BlackStingmon, BlackGuilmon, BlackBishopChessmon, BlackShoutmonX7, and BlackImperialdramonFM, instead of just this 3 as new ones.
Unless they reveal more information about Black Digitron that says otherwise, Black Digitron doesn't change the attribute of the host Digimon (given the precedent of Zwart, BlackGaogamon line, and now these two). Thus, most of those examples wouldn't fit with the theme, as they are recolored due to being alternate-attribute subspecies.

As for the examples that do retain their attributes, the Chessmons are a completely different concept, and the BlackGrowmon line already established that the color is due to their Virus nature being more pronounced. Shoutmon X7 is unknown, as it hasn't been assigned an attribute yet since that major DRB update.
Maybe not Black Digitron specifically, but Black Digimon in general. After all they added Omegamon Zwart Defeat that is infected by a different kind of virus.

Chimera-gui

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
To be fair we've currently only had about four Profile reports about proper groups vs four to five reports on Digimon within a general theme: The Bancho, Four Dragons, Sovereigns and Celestials vs Agumon variants, vehicle Digimon, Digimon related to Knightmon (only one of which being a Royal Knight) and food themed Digimon.

Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm still waiting for the profile on the Olympos 12. The missing Olympos 12, and adjacent digimon like Moonmon and Plutomon, is probably the most glaring omission from the reference book. That or the Arkadimon line or ShineGreymon Ruin Mode.

Anyway this is a really nice reference book update to see. I've been waiting for Omegamon Zwart D. I think we have all the tamers era recolours now except for Silver Taomon and Kyubimon.

Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think we have all the tamers era recolours now except for Silver Taomon and Kyubimon.
We're missing ChaosDukemon Core and Dukemon Chaos Mode if it counts.

I don't count them because they're recolours who only had one appearance. But Dukemon Chaos Mode is a really weird one, it only appeared once as a toy but nothing else.

The Chaos Entity

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think we have all the tamers era recolours now except for Silver Taomon and Kyubimon.

I don't count them because they're recolours who only had one appearance. But Dukemon Chaos Mode is a really weird one, it only appeared once as a toy but nothing else.
A Western-only toy as well, unfortunately. Gallantmon Chaos Mode has never been acknowledged by Bandai Japan.

Sparrow Hawk

Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
BlackSaintGalgomon in Reference Book already? Hmm weird I still haven't seen the hi quality image of him at Twitter unless I overlooked... Or missed.

Yamato-san

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

A Western-only toy as well, unfortunately. Gallantmon Chaos Mode has never been acknowledged by Bandai Japan.
Granted, a Crimson Mode equivalent for ChaosDukemon isn't exactly a difficult concept. Nothing saying it won't be acknowledged as an official Digimon somewhere down the line.

The Chaos Entity

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Granted, a Crimson Mode equivalent for ChaosDukemon isn't exactly a difficult concept. Nothing saying it won't be acknowledged as an official Digimon somewhere down the line.
Oh, absolutely not, and I’d be thrilled if they ever did acknowledge him - but it’s also been twenty-odd years since his toy was released, and the same arguments about a ‘ChaosGallantmon version of Gallantmon Crimson Mode’ being an easy concept could be said about a vaccine Sakuyamon, a data Gallantmon, or a version of Nanimon that looks like an orange…none of which have yet manifested/been acknowledged.
It’s absolutely something that could happen - and I very much hope it does - but the chances of it are astronomically low, as no Digimon that has been created by a foreign branch has ever been acknowledged as official, since Ciel was created as a preventative measure by Japan. Plus, you know, there are pallet swap gaps all the time - not are only are there no Megas, but there’s not a vaccine Renamon or a BlackTerriermon either, and I’m still waiting on them remembering about BlackGuilmon.

Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Oh, absolutely not, and I’d be thrilled if they ever did acknowledge him - but it’s also been twenty-odd years since his toy was released, and the same arguments about a ‘ChaosGallantmon version of Gallantmon Crimson Mode’ being an easy concept could be said about a vaccine Sakuyamon, a data Gallantmon, or a version of Nanimon that looks like an orange…none of which have yet manifested/been acknowledged.
It’s absolutely something that could happen - and I very much hope it does - but the chances of it are astronomically low, as no Digimon that has been created by a foreign branch has ever been acknowledged as official, since Ciel was created as a preventative measure by Japan. Plus, you know, there are pallet swap gaps all the time - not are only are there no Megas, but there’s not a vaccine Renamon or a BlackTerriermon either, and I’m still waiting on them remembering about BlackGuilmon.

ChaosDukemon and Dukemon kind of parallel Sakuyamon and Kuzuhamon. Both Sakuyamon and Dukemon have their own mode change with Miko Mode and Crimson Mode respectively. They did make a Kuzuhamon Miko Mode which made its first appearance more than ten years after Kuzuhamon and Sakuyamon Miko Mode. Maybe I'm clutching at straws here but thats the closest thing to evidence of ChaosDukemon Chaos Mode being remembered by Bandai is that we kind of have a precedent with Kuzuhamon.

The Chaos Entity

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

ChaosDukemon and Dukemon kind of parallel Sakuyamon and Kuzuhamon. Both Sakuyamon and Dukemon have their own mode change with Miko Mode and Crimson Mode respectively. They did make a Kuzuhamon Miko Mode which made its first appearance more than ten years after Kuzuhamon and Sakuyamon Miko Mode. Maybe I'm clutching at straws here but thats the closest thing to evidence of ChaosDukemon Chaos Mode being remembered by Bandai is that we kind of have a precedent with Kuzuhamon.
Couple nitpicks there.
First, Kuzuhamon Miko Mode was a new Digimon, not an old one that had never been acknowledged. By that metric, we’d be just as likely to get a completely new Crimson Mode equivalent for ChaosGallantmon than them canonising Chaos Mode.
Second, Kuzuhamon and ChaosGallantmon have never really been intentionally played off as parallels against Gallantmon and Sakuyamon in the paired way that your post seems to imply. The two of them, together with BlackMegaGargomon, have certainly been used to represent dark forms of the Tamers trio, but largely they are used as parallels independent of one another - so just because Kuzuhamon has an equivalent for Sakuyamon’s other form, that in no way implies that ChaosGallantmon has to have an equivalent for Gallantmon’s. After all, Seraphimon/Ophanimon/Cherubimon Virtue are often paralleled explicitly against Daemon/Lilithmon/Cherubimon Vice, and yet while Lilithmon and Cherubimon both have entire digivolution lines that mirror their counterparts and branch from the same Rookie, neither Daemon, nor the occasionally substituted ShadowSeraphimon do (at least not in an explicit way - Devimon is definitely to Angemon what LadyDevimon is to Angewomon, but there isn’t a similar counterpart to MagnaAngemon (NeoDevimon and SkullSatamon can be used, sure, but no explicit parallel has ever been set up), and Devimon has his own go-to Rookie in DemiDevimon - he doesn’t share Patamon the way Gatomon/BlackGatomon and Turuiemon/Wendigomon do Salamon and Lopmon. Furthermore, Devimon is far from ‘Daemon’s Champion’ in the way that BlackGatomon or Wendigomon are, in that while Devimon is Daemon’s usual Champion, Devimon himself has many Megas and you’re more likely to see him become VenomMyotismon or DanDevimon these days, whereas BlackGatomon and Wendigomon do default to Lilithmon and Cherubimon Vice).

tldr;
Just because two Digimon are parallels doesn’t always mean one will get everything the other does (where’s Lotusmon Burst Mode? BanchoOgremon?), and Kuzuhamon getting a Miko Mode doesn’t really have anything to do with ChaosGallantmon as their connection is circumstantial at best.
And even if they do give ChaosGallantmon a new form, it is just as likely to be ‘ChaosGallantmon Indigo Mode’ and have different weapons and bat wings than it is to be Gallantmon Chaos Mode returning from the war.

(I’d also like to point out here that I’m merely playing Devil’s Advocate - I really like ChaosGallantmon, and have wanted him to get a Crimson Mode equivalent for years. I’d also prefer they just use Chaos Mode, because I think the navy blue angel wings gives him a really nice ‘dark angel’ vibe, when we usually just get demon lords in Digimon. That said, though I want it, people seem to think that he’s a super likely addition or the like, when he’s in the exact same boat as Citramon or Kentaurosmon Burst Mode - Digimon created without the approval of Bandai Japan and, so, completely non-canon)

Last edited:
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Couple nitpicks there.
First, Kuzuhamon Miko Mode was a new Digimon, not an old one that had never been acknowledged. By that metric, we’d be just as likely to get a completely new Crimson Mode equivalent for ChaosGallantmon than them canonising Chaos Mode.
Second, Kuzuhamon and ChaosGallantmon have never really been intentionally played off as parallels against Gallantmon and Sakuyamon in the paired way that your post seems to imply. The two of them, together with BlackMegaGargomon, have certainly been used to represent dark forms of the Tamers trio, but largely they are used as parallels independent of one another - so just because Kuzuhamon has an equivalent for Sakuyamon’s other form, that in no way implies that ChaosGallantmon has to have an equivalent for Gallantmon’s. After all, Seraphimon/Ophanimon/Cherubimon Virtue are often paralleled explicitly against Daemon/Lilithmon/Cherubimon Vice, and yet while Lilithmon and Cherubimon both have entire digivolution lines that mirror their counterparts and branch from the same Rookie, neither Daemon, nor the occasionally substituted ShadowSeraphimon do (at least not in an explicit way - Devimon is definitely to Angemon what LadyDevimon is to Angewomon, but there isn’t a similar counterpart to MagnaAngemon (NeoDevimon and SkullSatamon can be used, sure, but no explicit parallel has ever been set up), and Devimon has his own go-to Rookie in DemiDevimon - he doesn’t share Patamon the way Gatomon/BlackGatomon and Turuiemon/Wendigomon do Salamon and Lopmon. Furthermore, Devimon is far from ‘Daemon’s Champion’ in the way that BlackGatomon or Wendigomon are, in that while Devimon is Daemon’s usual Champion, Devimon himself has many Megas and you’re more likely to see him become VenomMyotismon or DanDevimon these days, whereas BlackGatomon and Wendigomon do default to Lilithmon and Cherubimon Vice).

tldr;
Just because two Digimon are parallels doesn’t always mean one will get everything the other does (where’s Lotusmon Burst Mode? BanchoOgremon?), and Kuzuhamon getting a Miko Mode doesn’t really have anything to do with ChaosGallantmon as their connection is circumstantial at best.
And even if they do give ChaosGallantmon a new form, it is just as likely to be ‘ChaosGallantmon Indigo Mode’ and have different weapons and bat wings than it is to be Gallantmon Chaos Mode returning from the war.

(I’d also like to point out here that I’m merely playing Devil’s Advocate - I really like ChaosGallantmon, and have wanted him to get a Crimson Mode equivalent for years. I’d also prefer they just use Chaos Mode, because I think the navy blue angel wings gives him a really nice ‘dark angel’ vibe, when we usually just get demon lords in Digimon. That said, though I want it, people seem to think that he’s a super likely addition or the like, when he’s in the exact same boat as Citramon or Kentaurosmon Burst Mode - Digimon created without the approval of Bandai Japan and, so, completely non-canon)

I did say I was clutching at straws. :D

Muur

Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Couple nitpicks there.

tldr;

What makes you think they were "created without approval of Bandai Japan?" If anything they prob got approval before making them.

Yamato-san

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
tldr;

If "Chaos Mode" ever does get cannonized, I honestly don't think they'll retain the name. I mean, aside from how redundant it is to have "Chaos Mode" with "ChaosDukemon"....
....the packaging that it derived from implies that it was named in error to begin with. Notice that the box refers to ChaosDukemon as just "Gallantmon" as opposed to "ChaosGallantmon", but then when they finally do end up using "Chaos", it's just for the Mode.

Another fun fact you'll notice: there was apparently a BlackSaintGalgomon Digivolving figure that changes to a black-colored Terriermon. However, it's just called "Terriermon" on that box, which is probably why there isn't near as much attention given to the apparent existence of a BlackTerriermon among official, albeit American-only (Asian-only?), toys.