Digimon Channel: Pics and Translation Thread

Chimera-gui

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Justimon is a different case. Switching out his arms has never been treated as an evolution. That’s like saying Andromon with his arm spinning and Andromon with his missile hatches open are two separate Digimon. One of Justimon’s moves is Trinity Arm, which literally just uses all three arms in succession. Does that count as three evolutions?
All three in succession? Since when has Trinity Arm been used like that? According to its profile (and from what we've seen in the anime, for that matter), Trinity Arm just seems to be a glorified Mode Change.
While both Trinity Arm and Damemon's Digi Ninja Art: Warrior Transformation can be treated as Mode Changes, we are potentially MCs that occur in-battle rather than having to be selected at the Digi-Lab or its equivalent.

Your point about Trinity Arm seemingly being a small scale Mode Change in the Field Guide and anime does explain why the Arms were presented as distinct (sub)species prior to the introduction of toggleable images within the same profile.

Now whether or not Bandai uses toggleable images to as a excuse to merge Justimon's profiles or other Mode Changes into base profiles is still to be determined but we can at least say that, at this current time, Splashmon's two forms are not treated as distinct (sub)species.

Now why that is can only be speculated on and that may very well change at a later time since we still have to see how Splashmon is handled as a partner Digimon in at least a proper game but for now that's what we've got.

Muur

How deep the rabbit-hole goes
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

The Chaos Entity

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Ragnalord

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Algomon perfect worm Mode
Eosmon perfect beast Mode

Alternates would be good

Sparrow Hawk

Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Algomon Perfect's Worm Phase is odd but I guess "Worm Mode" doesn't sound very fitting.

Ragnalord

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yes its meant to be worm phase

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
3 Ghost Game evos added to the reference book!

betelgammamon_october9_2021.png
kausgammamon_october9_2021.png
wezengammamon_october9_2021.jpg

BetelGammamon
KausGammamon
WezenGammamon

Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
WezenGammamon-
The two horns on the top of its head can be used as long-range cannons, the horn on its nose as an anti-aircraft gun, and its four toes as small machine guns that can fire. Its normal action speed is slow.

This thing is just an Adult level Gundramon isn't it.

Sparrow Hawk

Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
What the Hades?! For real? No wonder those feet looked so weird! I agree about that WezenGammamon is 75% Gundramon but on Adult level! It should be at least Perfect level since it has multiple weaponry slots. Yeah it really does feel like it's Perfect level...

Unbelievable unlike the certain patterns from Adventure 2020, it just introduced all forms of Gammamon before the anime episodes airs!

This update will break Jungletrooper's heart and make fun of his predicting theory pattern ability! Well even us, too...

But just what the Hades going on? This update really didn't follow up with predictable pattern!

andercostald

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
WezenGammamon fits more an adult for Triceramon if this Digimon hasn't weapons.
But this Digimon feel like an adult for Gundramon.
About these entries, if Digimon Reference Book repeats the pattern on Digimon Adventure: updates, only BetelGammamon will have an update in Monday.
But these three adult forms teased before Digimon Ghost Game started, even the Gammamon Perfect, Canoweissmon.

JungleTrooper

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
What the Hades?! For real? No wonder those feet looked so weird! I agree about that WezenGammamon is 75% Gundramon but on Adult level! It should be at least Perfect level since it has multiple weaponry slots. Yeah it really does feel like it's Perfect level...

Unbelievable unlike the certain patterns from Adventure 2020, it just introduced all forms of Gammamon before the anime episodes airs!

This update will break Jungletrooper's heart and make fun of his predicting theory pattern ability! Well even us, too...

But just what the Hades going on? This update really didn't follow up with predictable pattern!
Wow, an update on sunday! A first time for everything. The adult forms aren't really surprising and not off from my october prediction, though (which anyone could make, as it was highly predictable to see some of the Adult-forms somewhere this month). I expected Betel Gammamon tomorrow, but they gave the whole bunch a day ahead and you won't see me complaining!

It's interesting how the two Ghost Game updates have all appeared on a different timeslot than before: We've had a second update after Abbadomon on the same tuesday, and now a sunday-update.

Curious what will happen next! Especially on the side of Digimon not directly related to the Ghost Game anime. Coming week will have a small break in the episode-schedule, if I'm not mistaken.

EDIT: While I remain sceptical, coming wednesday (tomorrow) once again has a Digimon profile update planned. Even though it has been months since such an update also gave us a Reference Book update. Wednesdays are also the second most likely days to give an update. If not wednesday, maybe friday. Or a break this week, which would be a bit disappointing.

Last edited:

JungleTrooper

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Amazing to finally see these two in full art! Wow, I'm impressed, and this sets an awesome precedence for the future. Good to finally see a Profile-update to the Referencebook again.

Muur

Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
With them being regular levels and not half XW level I guess they were always just regular Digimon like Luminamon and Shademon, interesting. Also didn't except Shortmon to be a Champion. He sure is a ...short (heh) Champion.

Shame they didn't bring "Reverse Weddinmon" with them.

Yamato-san

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Along with Luminamon Nene Ver. last month (as controversial of an addition as that may have been), it's looking as if there might be an on-going trend of Bandai remembering that the Xros Wars manga exists. With any luck, we'll see ReverseWeddinmon in the near future, and if the trend really keeps up, here's hoping we'll finally get a profile to that missing gap in the ShoutmonX series: ShoutmonX6.

At any rate, old Digimon that never had profile art up until now are always the best surprises among Reference Book updates, so I'm pretty happy to see these two finally made it in.

YongYoKyo

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
They're the levels as I expected. Considering Candlemon was also part of Weddinmon's entourage (and part of the ReverseWeddinmon Xros), I imagined them altogether in a potential line of Candlemon>Shortmon>Weddinmon>ReverseWeddinmon.

Chimera-gui

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Along with Luminamon Nene Ver. last month (as controversial of an addition as that may have been), it's looking as if there might be an on-going trend of Bandai remembering that the Xros Wars manga exists. With any luck, we'll see ReverseWeddinmon in the near future, and if the trend really keeps up, here's hoping we'll finally get a profile to that missing gap in the ShoutmonX series: ShoutmonX6.
Not gonna lie, I was hoping Nene was a sign of manga digimon that weren't in Collectors were now on the table so I happy that this turned out to be the case.

They're the levels as I expected. Considering Candlemon was also part of Weddinmon's entourage (and part of the ReverseWeddingmon Xros), I imagined them altogether in a potential line of Candlemon>Shortmon>Wedding>ReverseWeddinmon.
That makes way too much sense now that you brought it up and I sincerely hope you're right about this.

JungleTrooper

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
We're now on 99 entries for 2021, just a little behind the biggest year (2019), with 105 entries, which was partially because of the 70+ X-Antibody Digimon.

I'm sure 2021 will surpass this amount. Once again a little step further towards the chance of getting the Chronomon-family. Curious what will be next!

Last edited: