Digimon Channel: Pics and Translation Thread

shynely

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
it would be hypocritical to want the forms split into two species while wanting Justimon's three profiles merged into one regardless of whether you feel the tiger is different enough from the humanoid form to warrant the designation.

The person who wanted the Justimon forms together isn't the one asking for separate Splashmon pages.

Yamato-san

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
If anything, I welcomed the Justimon Arms, and I'm interested in seeing more profiles for things like MagnaGarurumon (Detached) and Tailmon (Child).

Also Chimera-gui's argument seems to boil down to Splashmon and Splashmon (True) having similar profiles..... yes, because Bandai has put so much care and effort into the profiles in the past. Might as well be asking to have Cherubimon (Virtue) and Cherubimon (Vice) merged into one profile.

Sparrow Hawk

How deep the rabbit-hole goes
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Huh interesting. Youkomon and BanchouLeomon's arts are new...

Chimera-gui

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Also Chimera-gui's argument seems to boil down to Splashmon and Splashmon (True) having similar profiles..... yes, because Bandai has put so much care and effort into the profiles in the past. Might as well be asking to have Cherubimon (Virtue) and Cherubimon (Vice) merged into one profile.
Yeah not even close to what I actually said and completely misses the point. It's not even having "similar profiles" since it's literally a single profile for Splashmon that uses two images; that's why both wikis link that same aforementioned profile as the source for both the humanoid and tiger forms' pages.

For one thing, Cherubimon at least was deliberately meant to be two species representing the duality it has as one of Three Archangels alongside Seraphimon and Ophanimon who both also have a fallen angel counterpart species because both forms are of equal value.

With Splashmon you can't even make the duality argument because you can literally remove the humanoid form and lose nothing (e.g. Adventure 2020 and GrandGeneramon). Unlike Cherubimon, Splashmon's forms are not of equal value because the humanoid form is basically the equivalent to Arachnemon and Mummymon's "human" forms and no one is arguing for either of those to be made into species.

Hell, most media outside the anime doesn't even acknowledge the existence of Jessie and James' human forms beyond a single line in Arachnemon's Field Guide profile stating that the species can transform into a human-like appearance to get opponents to let down their guard so that it can approach and devour them.

Why should Splashmon get special treatment for a characteristic that we already know Bandai of Japan doesn't regard as warranting two species profiles? It's basically the same issue @TMS seems to have with Justimon having three profiles when the "forms" are even less differentiated then Crimson Mode, Blast Mode and Promote.

Last edited:

shynely

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
For one thing, Cherubimon at least was deliberately meant to be two species representing the duality it has as one of Three Archangels alongside Seraphimon and Ophanimon who both also have a fallen angel counterpart species because both forms are of equal value.

Cherubimon's two forms predate any version of Ofanimon, so it was not "meant" to "represent" anything "alongside" the other two. That's just something they settled on years later.

edit: oh, you probably meant Cherubimon's profile, not Cherubimon in general.

Last edited:

Chimera-gui

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Cherubimon's two forms predate any version of Ofanimon, so it was not "meant" to "represent" anything "alongside" the other two. That's just something they settled on years later.

edit: oh, you probably meant Cherubimon's profile, not Cherubimon in general.
To be fair, the Visual Dictionary profile for Vice isn't even the one used for the DRB:
A Cherub Digimon that was one of the Three Archangel Digimon, who are the highest rank of Angel-types, but became the ultimate evil for some reason or other. It is said that when this Cherubimon, who has turned into a black figure, appears, the balance of the Digital World collapses. Its Special Move is summoning a thundercloud, then loosing innumerable thunderbolts.
Also Seraphimon had been established as having a similar dynamic with Daemon as the Cherubimon forms as early as 02 before that dynamic got expanded to include ShadowSeraphimon so you could argue that Cherubimon's duality was meant to tie into that with Ophanimon following suit with its Fallen Mode and Lilithmon.

Last edited:

Lord Bearmon

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
They finally fixed Splashmon, kinda. Still prefer a separate entry though.
To be completely fair, Splashmon's DRB profile outright confirms that its "Darkness Mode" is in actuality the Digimon's true form; not a separate species from the default, humanoid disguise form as Xros Wars implied by making a DigiXros.

Conversely, only Bandai of Asia's Reference Book actually lists a 'Splashmon Darkness Mode' and not only have I already gone over other questionable things that have been done by that specifically Field Guide but the site didn't even give the Digimon list actual so the canonicity of the DRB as a whole can arguably be called into question.

So making Splashmon one the profiles to have multiple images, each to represent its two arguably canonical forms, makes perfect sense.
Doesn't stop Abaddomon Core from having a separate profile when it's the true form of Abaddomon.
If they ever decide to split it, of course the profile have to be tweaked as well, any mention of the "true form" should be moved to the other profile.

JungleTrooper

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Abaddomon Core is a separate entity from Abaddomon, though. Both exist at the same time, one being inside the other. Splashmon just transforms.
They finally fixed Splashmon, kinda. Still prefer a separate entry though.
To be completely fair, Splashmon's DRB profile outright confirms that its "Darkness Mode" is in actuality the Digimon's true form; not a separate species from the default, humanoid disguise form as Xros Wars implied by making a DigiXros.

Conversely, only Bandai of Asia's Reference Book actually lists a 'Splashmon Darkness Mode' and not only have I already gone over other questionable things that have been done by that specifically Field Guide but the site didn't even give the Digimon list actual so the canonicity of the DRB as a whole can arguably be called into question.

So making Splashmon one the profiles to have multiple images, each to represent its two arguably canonical forms, makes perfect sense.
Doesn't stop Abaddomon Core from having a separate profile when it's the true form of Abaddomon.
If they ever decide to split it, of course the profile have to be tweaked as well, any mention of the "true form" should be moved to the other profile.Ab

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
If the two Belphemons (and other pairs) are separate, I don't see any reason why the two Splashmons shouldn't be.

The Chaos Entity

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I absolutely agree. The beastial Splashmon might be the true form, but that doesn’t preclude the humanoid form having a separate profile denoting it as a restrained form, or disguise - much like Sleep Mode for Belphemon.

Yamato-san

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
With Splashmon you can't even make the duality argument because you can literally remove the humanoid form and lose nothing (e.g. Adventure 2020 and GrandGeneramon). Unlike Cherubimon, Splashmon's forms are not of equal value because the humanoid form is basically the equivalent to Arachnemon and Mummymon's "human" forms and no one is arguing for either of those to be made into species.

Hell, most media outside the anime doesn't even acknowledge the existence of Jessie and James' human forms beyond a single line in Arachnemon's Field Guide profile stating that the species can transform into a human-like appearance to get opponents to let down their guard so that it can approach and devour them.
The thing is, however, we DO see that Splashmon's humanoid form is capable of battle (not that battle-capability is a strict requirement in the first place, especially now that the Reference Book is including Digimon that lack literally any attacking moves like Culumon and Luminamon Nene Ver., though you could even extend it to something like Bokomon and Neamon where their "attacks" are more like a gag).

As for Archnemon and Mummymon's human forms, I honestly wouldn't be opposed to it. In fact, it could make for a pretty interesting update if it were to actually happen.

Last edited:

Chimera-gui

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
If they ever decide to split it, of course the profile have to be tweaked as well, any mention of the "true form" should be moved to the other profile.
Abaddomon Core is a separate entity from Abaddomon, though. Both exist at the same time, one being inside the other. Splashmon just transforms.
Yeah, Abbadomon and Core are more like Lucemon Satan Mode and Larva than Splashmon's humanoid and true forms.

If the two Belphemons (and other pairs) are separate, I don't see any reason why the two Splashmons shouldn't be.
You just said you want Justimon's three profiles merged for being redundant last page when Splashmon is a single profile that the wikis use for both forms.

The thing is, however, we DO see that Splashmon's humanoid form is capable of battle (not that battle-capability is a strict requirement in the first place, especially now that the Reference Book is including Digimon that lack literally any attacking moves like Culumon and Luminamon Nene Ver., though you could even extend it to something like Bokomon and Neamon where their "attacks" are more like a gag).

As for Archnemon and Mummymon's human forms, I honestly wouldn't be opposed to it. In fact, it could make for a pretty interesting update if it were to actually happen.
Ignoring that Arachnemon's human form technically has an attack in the form of Spirit Needle, it seems more likely that their humanoid forms would be added as artwork in their original profiles just as Splashmon's two forms are presented as two artwork in a single profile.

Last edited:

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Justimon is a different case. Switching out his arms has never been treated as an evolution. That’s like saying Andromon with his arm spinning and Andromon with his missile hatches open are two separate Digimon. One of Justimon’s moves is Trinity Arm, which literally just uses all three arms in succession. Does that count as three evolutions?

DPTronazel

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Justimon is a different case. Switching out his arms has never been treated as an evolution. That’s like saying Andromon with his arm spinning and Andromon with his missile hatches open are two separate Digimon. One of Justimon’s moves is Trinity Arm, which literally just uses all three arms in succession. Does that count as three evolutions?
This made me lol, introducing two redundant modes cause' we're "too lazy" to make a family species for this guy, introducing Andromon SWORD MODE and Andromon OPEN CHEST MODE.

Just wanted to say something about this, cause I found this funny.

Bancho

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm kind of neutral towards the form changes having seperate reference book entries or not. I do find the many form changes having their own pages to be cluttered sometimes but having whole new lore write ups to give more insight into form changes is very nice and it would be cool to get more specific when explaining human Splash vs. tiger Splashmon.
Ideally I would make master pages with seperate tabs for every variant that gives rundowns on what the specific form does (so an Agumon master page with a tab for Black Agumon, Agumon Savers, Santa Agumon, etc.) but as things are, it's messy but we get more lore out of it

Chimera-gui

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
To be fair, the Critical and Blitz Arm profiles were added in 2018 and 2019 respectively whereas the current profile format didn't occur until 2020 and the idea of given a single profile multiple images just occurred this week.

Furthermore unlike Justimon, we've yet to see Splashmon in a partner or even playable form outside of card based games like Collectors so for all we know, a Digivolution sequence to Splashmon could involve either the Digimon turning into Splashmon in tiger form and either remaining that or shifting into humanoid form before the end of the sequence or have the tiger form invoked while the Digimon Digivolves into the humanoid form.

They might even do the Damemon/Tuwarmon thing by having the humanoid form be for outside of battle while the true is used in battle or even make forms toggleable but not have a Digivolution sequence for shifting between them.

@Mynor I personally think that rather than there being master pages for individual species and tabs for their variants, tabs should be used for broader categories of Digital Life (Digimon, Appmon, and Other) with Yggdrasil and NEO placed in that last category.

Muur

How deep the rabbit-hole goes
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
according to bandai, yes

Lord Bearmon

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
They might even do the Damemon/Tuwarmon thing by having the humanoid form be for outside of battle while the true is used in battle or even make forms toggleable but not have a Digivolution sequence for shifting between them.
I should've used this example instead of Abaddomon Core.

Yamato-san

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
All three in succession? Since when has Trinity Arm been used like that? According to its profile (and from what we've seen in the anime, for that matter), Trinity Arm just seems to be a glorified Mode Change.

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
All three in succession? Since when has Trinity Arm been used like that?

In the Digimon Story games. It's also implied to be how it works in the card game.