Digimon Channel: Pics and Translation Thread

Kamotz

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Nah — I think they just didn’t spend enough time with Kuzurumon to really bother with any of it and make a big deal. It’s better to just say “oh it’s Negamon — now it’s Abaddomon! Here’s the profile!” And then just throw us Kuzurumon later when it suits them.

Bancho

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
it is is not an obsession, but an observation
with the work you put in, are you sure it's not obsession? 🧐
It's really appreciated though, documentation even if it seems trivial is always important, especially since I don't think anybody else in the fandom is doing so?

JungleTrooper

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
it is is not an obsession, but an observation
with the work you put in, are you sure it's not obsession? 🧐
It's really appreciated though, documentation even if it seems trivial is always important, especially since I don't think anybody else in the fandom is doing so?
A mild one, maybe, fair enough :p

But I won't be fed up if anything deviates from my predictions (the more fun it is when it's correct!), it's just some pastime for me. ;)

The second update of today makes the first week of october quite interesting if Ghost Game doesn't show us other new Digimon in its first episode; A chance for oldies!

@Chimera-gui The new Profile-update is about drawing Gammamon, sadly enough. It's really been a while since an update was tied to the Reference Book (early May; Knight Digimon). If we don't include the Digimon Web Numemon contest at the end of May. Profile-updates are just too unpredictable and not really a good source of new entries, at the moment.

Personally still hoping for that Olympus XII themed one.

Last edited:

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
We're right before the 10th Anniversary (September 25th) of the finale of Digimon Xros Wars (before it became Hunters), so we get a double Xros Wars reference book update, featuring Digimon important to the endgame of both the anime and manga versions of Xros Wars!

shoutmonx7superior_september23_2021.jpg
luminamonnene_september23_2021.png

Shoutmon x7 Superior Mode
Luminamon (Nene Version)

Notus

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well, I guess this means Shademon (Nene Version) will be added sometime.

Muur

How deep the rabbit-hole goes
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I like Nene, she's one of my favourite characters - but that doesn't mean I want to raise her as a Digimon. This is something Bandai should've pretended never existed. At least when people say Digimon just look like humans we can show them this. Also if this gets a trading card and tamers can turn into it, I guess we can have TK digivolve into Nene

now to wait until I can raise a Nene in the next Digimon Story game

also weirdly enough this is based on the scrapped concept art version of the design instead of the one that got used in the manga

JungleTrooper

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I like Nene, she's one of my favourite characters - but that doesn't mean I want to raise her as a Digimon. This is something Bandai should've pretended never existed. At least when people say Digimon just look like humans we can show them this. Also if this gets a trading card and tamers can turn into it, I guess we can have TK digivolve into Nene

also weirdly enough this is based on the scrapped concept art version of the design instead of the one that got used in the manga
I agree, she's an odd and very character-specific addition. But 'synthetic' for a reason, obviously.

Eitaroutarouman

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

You mean the version that is quite clearly wearing absolutely nothing down there? Yeah, no. I understand why they didn't use that. Speaking of which, is Nene taller than usual? Her *cough* proportions make her look like her Hunters version.

Yamato-san

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Yeah, I was also kinda hoping that this wouldn't be officially recognized as a Digimon. Though, if she actually does go on to appear in future media, and even manages to be raisable, then I guess for what it's worth, there is some precedent for humans to be copied as data. See: Nanomon kidnapping Sora, D-Reaper ADR-01, and then of course, you have Hudiemon (and I guess there's the Hybrids, but that seemed more like the Frontier children were wearing a pre-existing Digimon's skin). So yeah, let's try not to think about it being TOO weird if it does happen.

Also, if Luminamon (Nene Ver.) can get added, I wonder what kind of precedent this could set for other DigiXroses from that era. Maybe it means that nothing's too bizarre or obscure to be added (I hope not..... I WANT Dorbickmon+Huanglongmon to die in obscurity). Though considering this is an anniversary update, let's hope it doesn't simply mean that this is a one-time gig before Xros Wars goes back to being forgotten again. And should that not be the case, then I guess we can expect to at least see Shademon (Nene Ver.) somewhere down the line.

Muur

Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
They'd surely have to censor Shademon (Nene)

And censor Moon-Millieniummon (Nene) even more

Tortoiseshel

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The only upside to the stupid feather bikini 'mon being added is that it's raising my hopes for other obscure Xros Wars Digimon being added. I've already expressed my desire to see the manga-exclusive Sweets Zone Digimon; Panbachimon, pre-falldown Bagramon, Dark Volumon, Arresterdramon: Superior Mode, Armamon, Grey Knightsmon, and the Hyokomon family could all be pretty cool, too. And King Whamon is likely coming sooner or later since it was in the card game recently.

Yamato-san

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The only upside to the stupid feather bikini 'mon being added is that it's raising my hopes for other obscure Xros Wars Digimon being added. I've already expressed my desire to see the manga-exclusive Sweets Zone Digimon; Panbachimon, pre-falldown Bagramon, Dark Volumon, Arresterdramon: Superior Mode, Armamon, Grey Knightsmon, and the Hyokomon family could all be pretty cool, too. And King Whamon is likely coming sooner or later since it was in the card game recently.
Arresterdramon Superior Mode is already in the Reference Book. But I'm guessing you refer to its Brave Snatcher variant.

Muur

Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Arresterdramon Superior Mode is already in the Reference Book. But I'm guessing you refer to its Brave Snatcher variant.

The one in the DRB basically combined them even though it makes no sense and arresterdramon somehow grew Bagramon parts

Tortoiseshel

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Oh yeah, it is, huh? Guess I did mean the Brave Snatcher version. But the Reference Book artwork is off-model compared to how it looked in the anime and it BUGS ME. The Bandai artwork for the two are basically the same design aside from the tail, but in the Toei art they're quite a bit more distinct; namely the shape and color of the chest armor, the number of horns on its head, and the arms and legs.

YongYoKyo

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Nenemon aside, why does Shoutmon X7 SM have an ugly grey background?
For contrast. The wings lack a defined outline and are a very bright yellow color. The larger wings are not too hard to see, but for the smaller wings (especially those around his legs), they can be hard to see.

Bancho

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Jupitermon has had a similar case whey they made his background blue before because of his white steam effect and potentially also his bright yellow electricity effects. His reference book entry uses a white background, though

JungleTrooper

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
September sure took an interesting turn this week:

- This month currently has the highest amount of entries (18) this year, just as much as back in march.
- Next week could very well have one more entry (possibly anime-related). Possibly making september the month with the most entries of 2021, surpassing march.
- 2021 has had 93 entries thus far, and we still have like 3 months to go. The year with the most entries was 2019 (with 105), 2021 might very well overtake this amount!

All in all, 2021 is still a very interesting year for the Digimon Reference Book, and we aren't done yet!

B-mon

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I don't think it's that strange to include the Nene version, when you consider Flamon is essentially a furry-centered Takuya Kanbara. There's a tiny bit of precedent for it.