Digimon Channel: Pics and Translation Thread

Muur

How deep the rabbit-hole goes
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I kinda saw Kuzurumon not being involved coming tbh. the anime didn't really hype it up and it was there for 5 seconds. if they end up ignoring it, at least the vpet still had it. hopefully they do end up putting it in at some point and it doesnt end up one that in ten years were still saying, "hey put kuzurumon in!"
Didn’t it take like forever for Chrysalimon to show up in the old days?

It could also be they didn’t truly consider Kuzrumon its own thing except in early plannng?

Even if that's the case the v-pet ends up making it its own thing. you might not be wrong that they no longer consider it its own thing now though

JungleTrooper

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I kinda saw Kuzurumon not being involved coming tbh. the anime didn't really hype it up and it was there for 5 seconds. if they end up ignoring it, at least the vpet still had it. hopefully they do end up putting it in at some point and it doesnt end up one that in ten years were still saying, "hey put kuzurumon in!"

It could also be they didn’t truly consider Kuzrumon its own thing except in early plannng?
Yeah, I have that feeling as well. Thus far every new Digimon introduced through Adventure has gotten a profile the week after. Even if they were paired together with another new or existing Digimon/form (Potamon, Atamadekachimon (not really new, but alas), Dark Maildramon, etc.)

Kuzurumon wasn't even named during the episode.

YongYoKyo

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Chrysalimon had several Hyper Colosseum cards that were published within the same year as Our War Game.

I should also point out that, based on the actual content and details of the TV synopsis, "Kuzurumon" was evidently referring to Abbadomon. It never actually called the second form "Kuzurumon".
Technically speaking, as the Digimon that evolves into "Kuzurumon", the synopsis refers to the second form as "Negamon". Last month's V-Jump issue also referred to the second form as "Negamon" too (the description beneath the bolded name even describes its distinctively large mouth).

It is possible that they mistakenly displaced the names by one whole stage, but that seems like a big oversight. It's also possible that "Kuzurumon" is a prototype name for Abbadomon, though that means that between writing the synopses for episodes 66 and 67, they changed/finalized the name.

I'm partial to believing that both sources are correct (albeit outdated in the case of the TV guide), so I believed the second form is also called "Negamon" (especially given its close similarities with the Baby, particularly the face-switching between mouth and eye).
Still, I was thinking that it would, at least, be a same-name evolution with its own profile, but now it's looking like it might be something along the lines of Algomon Perfect's Worm Phase.

e105zeta

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Chrysalimon had several Hyper Colosseum cards that were published within the same year as Our War Game.
We still have 3/4 months for Kuzurumon to show up, but I do remember the similar debate in 2000 on if Diablomon would never get an Adult for a while.

JungleTrooper

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

I should also point out that, based on the actual content and details of the TV synopsis, "Kuzurumon" was evidently referring to Abbadomon. It never actually called the second form "Kuzurumon".
Technically speaking, as the Digimon that evolves into "Kuzurumon", the synopsis refers to the second form as "Negamon". Last month's V-Jump issue also referred to the second form as "Negamon" too (the description beneath the bolded name even describes its distinctively large mouth).

It is possible that they mistakenly displaced the names by one whole stage, but that seems like a big oversight. It's also possible that "Kuzurumon" is a prototype name for Abbadomon, though that means that between writing the synopses for episodes 66 and 67, they changed/finalized the name.

I'm partial to believing that both sources are correct (albeit outdated in the case of the TV guide), so I believed the second form is also called "Negamon" (especially given its close similarities with the Baby, particularly the face-switching between mouth and eye).
Still, I was thinking that it would, at least, be a same-name evolution with its own profile, but now it's looking like it might be something along the lines of Algomon Perfect's Worm Phase.
Great point, thus far the only mention of Kuzurumon has been in the tv-guide, as well. It may have been outdated or misinterpreted info.

@e105zeta Except for the fact that the Reference Book didn't exist back then, and how every new Digimon introduced in the Adventure:2020 anime has gotten a profile a few days after. So, next week might be its only chance.

CloneWarrior

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
We still have 3/4 months for Kuzurumon to show up, but I do remember the similar debate in 2000 on if Diablomon would never get an Adult for a while.

Chrysalimon debuted in the TCG before Our War Game even debuted.

Muur

Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Great point, thus far the only mention of Kuzurumon has been in the tv-guide, as well. It may have been outdated or misinterpreted info.

@e105zeta Except for the fact that the Reference Book didn't exist back then, and how every new Digimon introduced in the Adventure:2020 anime has gotten a profile a few days after. So, next week might be its only chance.

Watanabe at least said something along the lines of Kuzurumon being the big mouth that came out of Abadomon.

plus the TV guide did mention negamon evolving into kuzurumon then kuzurumon evolving to abadomon which did appear to happen in the episode. the design changed twice, with three designs+three names. we'll see how future games and such treat it. so unless the big mouth guy evolves again in episode 67 it seems to be negamon, kzurumon, and abadomon,

YongYoKyo

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Watanabe at least said something along the lines of Kuzurumon being the big mouth that came out of Abadomon.

plus the TV guide did mention negamon evolving into kuzurumon then kuzurumon evolving to abadomon which did appear to happen in the episode. the design changed twice, with three designs+three names. we'll see how future games and such treat it. so unless the big mouth guy evolves again in episode 67 it seems to be negamon, kzurumon, and abadomon,
The TV guide never mentions anything about "Kuzurumon" evolving to Abbadomon. It only mentions Negamon evolving to "Kuzurumon", then the name abruptly switches to Abbadomon in the next episode's synopsis.

Watanabe's tweet has credibility, but it's concerning that he doesn't say it with certainty. He "thinks" that Kuzurumon could be referring to the second form.

Nightwing

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Regardless, some art exists since we've seen the Toei design in V-Jump and there is the sprite from the Digivice:. It's possible there simply is no Bandai art, in which case, that might be something being worked on right now.

Between all the forms, it's Kuzurumon that's my favourite so I'm really hoping we get it eventually lol.

JungleTrooper

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

The TV guide never mentions anything about "Kuzurumon" evolving to Abbadomon. It only mentions Negamon evolving to "Kuzurumon", then the name abruptly switches to Abbadomon in the next episode's synopsis.

Watanabe's tweet has credibility, but it's concerning that he doesn't say it with certainty. He "thinks" that Kuzurumon could be referring to the second form.
Yup, that striked me as odd, as well.

Chimera-gui

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
We still have the Core form unaccounted for as well, bare in mind the Argomon I was added well after II, III, and IV were to the point we weren't sure if it even existed until Pen Z NS.

We got a Profile report tomorrow as well so we might get another update then.

Muur

Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well that was quick hopefully we learn some cool stuff

JungleTrooper

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
We still have the Core form unaccounted for as well, bare in mind the Argomon I was added well after II, III, and IV were to the point we weren't sure if it even existed until Pen Z NS.

There are a few things to consider, though:
- Algomon I was featured very late in the anime, well after Algomon II. It wasn't an afterthought.
- Anime entries for Adventures: have always happened in the week after the episode.
- Profile report subjects are too 'random' and haven't featured Digimon without an entry (well, until the report) for months. I also don't expect Negamon and its line to be featured in Profiles anytime soon, as they are always following certain groups or categories.

Yamato-san

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I was a little worried that those earlier Vital Bracelet images of Gammamon were subject to change, but it's good to see that its Virus attribute is indeed confirmed. I am, however, a bit disappointed that its BabyI form has the basic bubble attack (they couldn't even bother with a descriptor like "acid bubble" or "adhesive bubble", it's literally just "bubble"), especially since its compatriots' Baby forms have slightly more unique attacks.

Muur

Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

- Algomon I was featured very late in the anime, well after Algomon II. It wasn't an afterthought.
- Anime entries for Adventures: have always happened in the week after the episode.
- Profile report subjects are too 'random' and haven't featured Digimon without an entry (well, until the report) for months. I also don't expect Negamon and its line to be featured in Profiles anytime soon, as they are always following certain groups or categories.

The first baby argomon was in episode 1 and is mentioned in the second baby Argomons profile.

JungleTrooper

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

The first baby argomon was in episode 1 and is mentioned in the second baby Argomons profile.
Really? I thought it was phase II, I am on the wrong end then. Anyway, Adventure is nearly done, so I doubt Kuzurumon has a good chance after it. I think it's either this month, early october, or never. With Kuzurumon maybe being some kind of form which got changed during development.

Algomon I's presence was very brief, though. And not that clear (as it was directly evolving), until later appearances.

Last edited:

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I see no reason why Kuzurumon won’t get a profile. People are becoming too obsessed with looking for “patterns” and insisting that Bandai has to follow them.

JungleTrooper

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I see no reason why Kuzurumon won’t get a profile. People are becoming too obsessed with looking for “patterns” and insisting that Bandai has to follow them.
Well, I love to be wrong, obviously. Now is the momentum, though, as we've seen all new V-pet, videogame and anime Digimon getting added very soon after reveal this year. So, it'd indeed be odd if it suddenly doesn't get added within a certain timeframe. It would be an unique occurence, even the Ghost Game Digimon have been added in advance.

So, while I do keep track of a spreadsheet, it is is not an obsession, but an observation. 'All swan are white' until a black one has been discovered, so to say, and the pattern is broken. But some have held for a while. And let a man have its fun ;)

Last edited: