Digimon Channel: Pics and Translation Thread

Hetronnn

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
For me, CresGarurumon looks like Shutmon + Duramon. How about you?

JungleTrooper

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
For me, CresGarurumon looks like Shutmon + Duramon. How about you?
I think it's the colour-pattern. It's quite an overused one, especially for humanoid Digimon.

Never been a fan of them, anyway.

On a whole different note:

There's a slim chance tomorrow (depending on the timezone) will once again have a 'random' Reference Book update, although I'm sceptical. July and especially august weren't particularly crowded, and we've seen more gaps of 14+ days. We can also expect at least 3 anime-related Reference Book entries this month, for Negamon and its two evolutions. All of them probably on a monday. October will presumably introduce new anime-related Digimon and it's fortunately customary to quickly give them profiles nowadays.

That leaves us with 3 fridays (10th, 17th and the 24th, again depending on your timezone) and 3 wednesdays (15th, 22th and the 29th) of potential 'random' or Profile-related days of updates. We'd be lucky if 1 or 2 of those will happen, as it feels good to see old Digimon finally getting their long-overdue entries into the database. Fridays have had the biggest frequency of updates this year (13 times), of which only 4 weren't related to Digimon introduced through the Vital Bracelet. Wednesdays follow after that (8 occurences), with 7 of them unrelated to the Vital Bracelet.

So, let's see what happens! I'm sceptical for the wednesdays/fridays, but either monday the 13th, or the 20th will give us Negamon/Kuzurumon, with Abbadomon following soon after.

EDIT: For anyone wondering: Yes, I'm obsessed enough to keep a spreadsheet around. I've seen the beginning of the Digimon Dictionary; I've seen it evolve over the years, and never thought it could be completed. But things have changed the last couple of years, the franchise is still here and has evolved. Now I want to keep tabs on it and to see the inclusion of the already-existing Digimon. Especially the obscure ones, of which the canonicity is sometimes in question.

Last edited:

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Reference book update from Adventure:!

negamon_september12_2021.png

Negamon

Mynor

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Negamon looks a lot like the Eaters from Cyber Sleuth, but also Tsumemon. I hope Wikimon translates its profile soon as my browser's machine translation feels really rough

Muur

How deep the rabbit-hole goes
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So no Rockmon 1999 and MagnaAngemon Priest Mode, then? shame.

And I wouldn't have pegged Negamon as a Baby Digimon, but is *is* small I suppose. Rookie prob would've been better to do though it'd have more use that way, this being a Baby is a bit iffy since they're the thing in games and vpets you have for like 20 mins then never have again. Oh well.

Also, looks like it wants to die. If that's also a thing for the anime then he doesn't even wanna win so I guess that could end up as a "merciful" death...

Notus

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I was going to say I was happy with him being Baby II, as I thought it worked better evolving for Kuramon rather than Tsumemon. But looking again, it works with both. And considering there's a chance we're going to get level gaps in his line, it could have been better as Child. But I'm talking too soon about that.

JungleTrooper

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I was going to say I was happy with him being Baby II, as I thought it worked better evolving for Kuramon rather than Tsumemon. But looking again, it works with both. And considering there's a chance we're going to get level gaps in his line, it could have been better as Child. But I'm talking too soon about that.
They could be filled with Eyesmon, I guess.

Muur

Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

That would still be missing a rookie.

JungleTrooper

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

That would still be missing a rookie.
Its Scatter Mode is Child level. Replace Orochimon with Rare Raremon and voila, maybe.

Sparrow Hawk

Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Whoa for a Baby II digimon, this art sure have heavy details. I like it!

It does look like it's Eaters from Cyber Sleuth and some parts of Kuramon's.

Turned out as it didn't go evolve to Dagomon eh? It already got its evos...

Look like it can go Keramon's evo line IMO Negamon's tentacles are like digital flashings! Well maybe it can go to Eyesmon due to similar artstyles on their shadows.

I feel like this Negamon is too dangerous to be deployed at Digitama villages.... To be honest, this is 2nd "strongest" or dangerous Baby form just like Arkadimon Baby.

JungleTrooper

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Whoa for a Baby II digimon, this art sure have heavy details. I like it!

It does look like it's Eaters from Cyber Sleuth and some parts of Kuramon's.

Turned out as it didn't go evolve to Dagomon eh? It already got its evos...

Look like it can go Keramon's evo line IMO Negamon's tentacles are like digital flashings! Well maybe it can go to Eyesmon due to similar artstyles on their shadows.

I feel like this Negamon is too dangerous to be deployed at Digitama villages.... To be honest, this is 2nd "strongest" or dangerous Baby form just like Arkadimon Baby.
Yeah, it's definitely not something you want to set loose at the Digimon daycare, of that I'm sure, hahaha

Anyway, a solid (and predicted) profile. The art looks good, especially the shadow-y vibe to it.

There's a possibility we'll get both Kuzurumon and Abaddomon next week if it evolves during the episode and is clearly visible. I hope there's still a chance for some 'legacy'-Digimon this week, as well; On wednesday or friday.

Sparrow Hawk

Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think this art gave me Tobi from Naruto... Hahaha.

So it's true this Negamon carving death from this lonely blankness zone? Huh so dark!

Tortoiseshel

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Someone at Bandai liked the Eater's design so much, and was so disappointed when they found out that it wasn't a Digimon, that they decided to just up and make it one anyway. Also the second visual reference to the Diablomon line in Adventure: (the Tsumemon to Algomon Baby II's Kuramon) because Toei loves Our War Game almost as much as they love the original Adventure series. Maybe more, honestly.

Sparrow Hawk

Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Negamon's profile... Damn this Baby II is scary and powerful. Its technique is on RE:Zero's power level!