Digimon Channel: Pics and Translation Thread

Muur

How deep the rabbit-hole goes
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I will still wait for full image of Kyukimon and Assasultmon. It's weird they didn't update at Twitter instantly after updated at Reference. The gray fog on Kyukimon, Assaultmon and Vermillimon image made it feel like old images...

Cuz they *are* old images, only Tekkamon's is new (or is old, and they never got round to using it on a trading card)

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
5 X-Antibody additions to the reference book!

gaioumon_itto_june29_2021.png
hagurumon_x_june29_2021.jpg
growmon_x_june29_2021.jpg
starmon_x_june29_2021.jpg
heraklekabuterimon_x_june29_2021.jpg

Gaioumon: Itto Mode
Hagurumon X
Growmon X
Starmon X
HerculesKabuterimon X

JungleTrooper

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Once again a very pleasant surprise! We now got all the 'X-antibody'-Digimon in the Reference Book.

Sparrow Hawk

Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Reading GaiOumon Itto Mode's profile. Sounds like it's like he went bankai mode and even not making a sound while slicing so hard like Mugetsu... I think Craniummon X might be extremely pleased to challenge him.

Again with that gray fog images... C'mon I want hi quality images of Kyukimon and others....
Ugh fine, I wait until they update eventually in the future.

Didn't expect this new update to bring X antibodies. But I surely hope it isn't the end for X antibody era... YET

Chimera-gui

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm sure we may get new X Antibody mon later if and when the X antibody gets revisited but I am glad we won't have to worry about it until then.

Jscarlos18

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wikimon hasn't translated Dobermon X yet but nice to finally have all X antibody digimon on the DRB.

JungleTrooper

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Alright, some statistics:
- 2021 has given us 65 profiles thus far. That's an average of 2,5 a week! This number will likely drop a bit, as X-antibody Digimon come in greater numbers when they get added.
- If we look at the period from 2018 until today, 2021 stands on the second place after 2019, which had 105 entries. But 74 of them were X-antibody variants. 2020 had 54 entries, while 2018 had 61.
- Most of the additions this year come from the new Vital Bracelet designs (22). On the second place is the addition of existing Digimon outside the anime (21), followed by X-antibodies (14) and the anime (8).

EDIT: This week, on wednesday or friday, I think we'll once again get a collection of 'subspecies' Digimon (Pidmon, BomberNanimon, MoriShellmon, etc.). Or Yanmamon. Personal guess.

Last edited:

Muur

Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I've been waiting for the Yanmamons to get in for years, but I didn't want them in with their names spelled wrong... can Bandai not go at least one update without spelling some Digimon's names wrong? they also spelled Guardromon's name wrong lmao, like they didn't even double check with the one already in the DRB?

Didnt even realise BomberNanimon wasn't in it.

Still even with this dumb ass spellings it's nice to see some classics get in. How many classics are left? like, dudes that have existed for 20 years. Tinmon off the top of my head.

Angel-kun

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Which are the 3 fate digimental digimon?

Rapidmon Gold, Gold V-Dramon and ???

Jmac28211

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Are they counting Rapidmon Gold's X-Antibody? Kongoumon, Maildramon, and Rhinomon have evolved with Fate (in the card games), but their profiles explicitly mention Miracles.

JungleTrooper

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Me a couple of days ago: 'This week, on wednesday or friday, I think we'll once again get a collection of 'subspecies' Digimon (Pidmon, BomberNanimon, MoriShellmon, etc.). Or Yanmamon. Personal guess.'

Damn. I was only wrong about the week! And we've gotten all of those! :p They're really going for the finishline this year, it seems. Now is the time for Dokunemon and Modoki Betamon. After that the more obscure subspecies the likes of Red V-Dramon or Kyubimon/Taomon (Silver), although Galgomon/Rapidmon (Black) still ain't there, too.

Blum Lordmon and Ajattaramon will probably be revealed at the end of this month or the beginning of the next one, as well. Maybe with V-jump (unofficially).

Angel-kun

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Which are the 3 fate digimental digimon?

Rapidmon Gold, Gold V-Dramon and ???
Kongoumon and Maildramon.
If my math is not wrong, those are 4 digimon and not 3. And if you are counting digimon that originally used miracle digimental, then you are missing Rhinomon.

it seems they are counting only exclusive fate armor evolution, but i can count only 2.

JungleTrooper

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

e105zeta

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I’m pretty surprised Burgermon Adult didn’t get completely new art like the other Burgermons.

YongYoKyo

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Burgamon and Torikara Ballmon were prominent characters in an episode of the reboot anime, alongside the debut of Potamon.

Evidently, they wanted them to have a coherent artstyle with Potamon's artwork. Not to mention, Burgamon was redesigned with a new bib that necessitated a new artwork anyways. Torikara Ballmon also didn't really have a profile-worthy artwork in the first place.

JungleTrooper

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I’m pretty surprised Burgermon Adult didn’t get completely new art like the other Burgermons.
Yeah, that surprised me as well. Though the existing art isn't bad, per se.

@Muur Regarding left-over classics: We still need Dokunemon, Modoki Betamon, Black Galgomon, Black Rapidmon, Kyubimon (Silver), Taomon (Silver), Red V-dramon, Blikmon, Pile Volcamon, Raijinmon, Raidenmon and the Arkadimon-line. All of those have been released between 1999 and 2002. I'm probably leaving some pretty obscure ones out, but these are the most 'obvious' old ommissions.

These, the remaining Olympus XII, some Shoutmon variants and missing forms (Sistermon Awakened, Omegamon Zwart Defeat, etc.) form like 90% of the missing Reference Book Digimon.

Muur

Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
They did Ultimates last time, then Champions this time so Rookies are probably next for DoKunemon and ModokiBetamon. Those two even got cards recently so I think they'll get into the next set of DRB entries. Maybe Hyokomon too cuz Rookie. Throw in babies with rookie and they can do Sun/Moonmon, and Chichimon too.

Still weird how so many Olympos are ignored...

Last edited:

JungleTrooper

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
They did Ultimates last time, then Champions this time so Rookies are probably next for DoKunemon and ModokiBetamon. Those two even got cards recently so I think they'll get into the next set of DRB entries. Maybe Hyokomon too cuz Rookie. Throw in babies with rookie and they can do Sun/Moonmon too.

Still weird how so many Olympos are ignored...
I think they'll add those, together with a Profile update, in one go. Just like the last couple of updates. The people behind the Reference Book are making big leaps these months, so I'm willing to bet money on the remaining Olympus XII's inclusion this year. Brand new anime-related Digimon or a big bunch of new V-pet Digimon aren't happening anytime soon, so they'll have plenty of time to 'catch-up'.