Digimon Channel: Pics and Translation Thread

zoosmell

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Burpmon is an "evolution" that is achievable by practically any Digimon [within the Digimon Twin L&R], so it wouldn't make sense to give it a fixed level anyways.
So does Scumon in DW1 but he's still an Adult anyways.
Scumon wasn't introduced in (or exclusive to) Digimon World. It existed and had a level before and has continued to exist in contexts outside of it since. Burpmon was very much made just for the Digimon Twin with that specific gimmick in mind. It's not strange that they'd treat it in a special way lorewise like they wouldn't one-off stuff for other Digimon.

Metaridley

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think level "unknown" is just a new undiscovered type of Level, so they don't have to set any particular strenght base for the digimon. Just like Attribute Unknown in the Attribute Chart. But i think its different from "-" (when xros digimon got introduced in the zukan, they got no level and hyper colosseum still used "-" as no level setting, instead they got level "classes")

Sparrow Hawk

How deep the rabbit-hole goes
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I really was expecting Burpmon getting Adult level because we got Scumon who any digimon poops too much to get transformed into this and Numemon who any digimon gets caring handled so terribly or extremely poor performances in every way to get transformed into this despite any Levels. So that was why I expected Burpmon to be same "class" as them for any digimon who overfed to extreme to get transformed to this Burpmon.

Burpmon having Unknown level threw me off but I suppose I will just have to accept this because at least it got Mutant Type.

Maybe Tombmon will follow this the same way (Obviously it will never happen ever) since any digimon dies at their natural ages without being handled to increase the Age limit with Lifespan foods. I guess that is something easy to imagine. But... Batterymon? I don't know what to imagine for. Supporting to boost electricity is extremely obvious. Needs some spice to make it more interesting...

I hope they continue to release new interesting Digimon ones with something terribly handled or abused in certain ways like rebooting too often to get the desired evo though sacrificing the current form by steering with all your pro game skills.

YongYoKyo

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I really was expecting Burpmon getting Adult level because we got Scumon who any digimon poops too much to get transformed into this and Numemon who any digimon gets caring handled so terribly or extremely poor performances in every way to get transformed into this despite any Levels. So that was why I expected Burpmon to be same "class" as them for any digimon who overfed to extreme to get transformed to this Burpmon.
Scumon existed long before such a setting came about. Before, it was just a regular Adult-level. At most, if they intended it as a universal "poop" evolution, it was originally meant for Child-level Digimon, which was what Next 0rder did (outside of specific gimmicks involving NPCs).

Meanwhile, being a universal obesity evolution has been Burpmon's debut V-Pet setting and also only setting for the past 14 years.

When it comes to the DRB, precedence is usually prioritized.
The reason Garurumon and WereGarurumon are Vaccine while Gabumon and MetalGarurumon are Data? Because Garurumon and WereGarurumon debuted (after the introduction of attributes in the Pendulum era) as Vaccines first.
GranKuwagamon debuted as an 02 evolution for Wormmon? It's Free-attribute.
Daemon debuted in V-Tamers? Its profile references V-Tamers' Arkadimon.

Burpmon debuted in the Digimon Twin, and its profile even directly references its setting in the Digimon Twin.

JungleTrooper

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Scumon existed long before such a setting came about. Before, it was just a regular Adult-level. At most, if they intended it as a universal "poop" evolution, it was originally meant for Child-level Digimon, which was what Next 0rder did (outside of specific gimmicks involving NPCs).

Meanwhile, being a universal obesity evolution has been Burpmon's debut V-Pet setting and also only setting for the past 14 years.

The reason Garurumon and WereGarurumon are Vaccine while Gabumon and MetalGarurumon are Data? Because Garurumon and WereGarurumon debuted (after the introduction of attributes in the Pendulum era) as Vaccines first.

Burpmon debuted in the Digimon Twin, and its profile even directly references its setting in the Digimon Twin.
Aaah, that's interesting. Thanks for the information!

Chimera-gui

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

That's why I'm not too surprised by Burpmon's level and the part I underlined explains why the DRB's XW Level update happened, to establish a precedence to use going forward not just for integrating them in media outside XW itself but for adding XW Digimon into the DRB.

Pretty much this, it's still some weird anomaly. Which is fine.

Anyway, I hope this week or next one will add a bunch of those old variant-Digimon (subspecies) again. I don't expect the upcoming episide to feature a Digimon with no Reference-book profile yet.

Although seeing the likes of Brachimon, Assaultmon or Yanmamon would also be appreciated.
Agreed.

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Burpmon having Unknown level threw me off but I suppose I will just have to accept this because at least it got Mutant Type.

Maybe Tombmon will follow this the same way (Obviously it will never happen ever) since any digimon dies at their natural ages without being handled to increase the Age limit with Lifespan foods. I guess that is something easy to imagine. But... Batterymon? I don't know what to imagine for. Supporting to boost electricity is extremely obvious. Needs some spice to make it more interesting...

I hope they continue to release new interesting Digimon ones with something terribly handled or abused in certain ways like rebooting too often to get the desired evo though sacrificing the current form by steering with all your pro game skills.

Numemon doesn't evolve from any Digimon that are raised badly, just the Rookies. there are higher levelled Numemons for the other levels. (BlackKing and Platinum).

Sparrow Hawk

Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Oh shoot lol yeah just Child forms for Numemon. Let's apply for Bakemon, too?

JungleTrooper

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Are Reference Book updates always random or somewhat predictable if they aren't 'bound' to an episode of Adventures/the Anime in general? I'm curious if we can expect something this week, as the coming episode doesn't seem to feature a reference-less Digimon (yet).

I know the updates were on fridays in the past, but that changed a bit.

Chimera-gui

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So far, DRB updates have been tied into Profile reports when not tied to an episode, product or event and those are the second and fourth Wednesday of each month.

Before they were the last Thursday of every month where I am.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Reference book update featuring some Digimon from Titan of Dust!

sunamon_june10_2021.jpg
goromon_june10_2021.jpg
vulturemon_june10_2021.jpg

Sunamon
Goromon
Vulturemon

Last edited:

The Golux

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Or sometimes random other upcoming products, looks like. Neat design for Vulturemon that I want to see better res art of soon, and the art for the rocky babies is nice.

Sparrow Hawk

Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wow Vulturemon? I imagined Vulturemon being savage just like Ornismon but I didn't expect this Vulturemon to be bird version of WereGarurumon.

Vulturemon is really good for Saberdramon's evo! But the cactus shield is odd and standing out. I get that having cactus shield is part of the desert. Hmm Togemon + Birdramon or Saberdramon? Look like Palmon and Piyomon's joke jogress became "real" lol

He appears in Titan of Dust right?

Notus

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
And the DIM Cards keep fleshing out the Prefect level, that's great! An aviator vulture gives me Hanna Barbera vibes.

JungleTrooper

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wow, unexpected! And Vulturemon looks awesome. We didn't know about its existence yet, did we?

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeah he's new. Looks cool. Similar pants to Stefilmon. Goromon looks perfect for Gotsumon

JungleTrooper

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm honestly not expecting more new Digimon in Titans of Dust, but who knows.

Chimera-gui

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
To be fair, Goromon and Sunamon were briefly shown as part of July issue of V-Jump but Vulturemon is completely new. And it looks like Infinite Tide is getting Memo next week so we might be getting more new Digimon.

YongYoKyo

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
To be fair, Goromon and Sunamon were briefly shown as part of July issue of V-Jump but Vulturemon is completely new. And it looks like Infinite Tide is getting Memo next week so we might be getting more new Digimon.
The entire roster for Infinite Tide (4 Adults, 6 Perfects, 4 Ultimates) was already revealed in the last Memo. There isn't any brand-new Digimon in Infinite Tide.