Digimon Channel: Pics and Translation Thread

Kyaromonfan96

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Calumon's entire profile going "it's a mystery" was a really big letdown but I'm just glad it's added. I really like that the profile states he aids in evolution instead of being the catalyst of it as it means he's valuable outside the Tamer's universe where Digimon might be able to naturally evolve inside the real world without Calumon around. It seems that regardless of universe or world you're currently in, befriending one can help you attain your partner's adult evolution faster so Calumon here is really valuable despite being unable to evolve or fight and I can easily see a villain rounding them up and level farming with them
Yeah. He needs a level like In Training or Rookie in order for him to Digivolve.

Eitaroutarouman

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Was Calumon shouting "Shining Digivolution" during the mass evolution scene dub only? I feel like that could've been listed as an "attack", if you could even call it that.

HeavyLeomon

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Keep in mind that just existing in the DRB is an acknowledgement since DRB mon have a reletively higher chance of appearing in media than non-DRB mon.
And still a lot of Digimon in the drb would be priority over him due to his unknown lvl.
The mysterious Digimon thing could be easily explained in its Lore, dont need to make It an unknown lvl.
Its just unnecesary and he is gonna be ignored. Yes, probably a card in the dcg, but good luck appearing in future games as an obtainable Digimon.

Sparrow Hawk

How deep the rabbit-hole goes
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Oh I thought Culumon's level should be revealed as Baby II level but surprised everything about this are Unknown.
Ehh, whatever.

Obtainable? It doesn't have to be that. Supporting is fine since it lacked Attacks and Evolutions. But I think Culumon is more of mascot in rarer appearances for the games.

Bancho

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Obtainable? It doesn't have to be that. Supporting is fine since it lacked Attacks and Evolutions. But I think Culumon is more of mascot in rarer appearances for the games
I feel the same way. I don't have a desire to collect and own every Digimon in the games as I'd rather focus on one or a few that I'm raising so having Calumon as a non-playable character, especially if they showcase its evolution assistance powers very well, is all I need

Chimera-gui

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Obtainable? It doesn't have to be that. Supporting is fine since it lacked Attacks and Evolutions. But I think Culumon is more of mascot in rarer appearances for the games
I feel the same way. I don't have a desire to collect and own every Digimon in the games as I'd rather focus on one or a few that I'm raising so having Calumon as a non-playable character, especially if they showcase its evolution assistance powers very well, is all I need
Yeah generally Digimon games outside of the mobiles and Masters don't tend to have large rosters of obtainable Digimon since the idea is to raise your partner Digimon thus the roster is based on what said partner is able to Digivolve into and what the player can hatch and raise.

And just because Calumon is unobtainable does not mean his addition is unnecessary or he's doomed to be ignored.

As far as I know, Yggdrasill has never been obtainable and it has been the ever present thrown in the backside of many a Digimon protagonist even being the tree whose wood Bagramon crafted his prosthetics from.

JungleTrooper

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Culumon was available in the DS games and in-training, if I'm not mistaken.

But it's good to finally see him getting included. The Reference Book is really going at it. Every week seems a nice surprise lately, with some oldies getting the love they deserve. Still praying for Chronomon's line; They deserve a proper spot among the rest.

The Reference Book has a huge role in which Digimon is 'canon', really.

Also, some new Virtual Pet chips (don't know how to name them) will launch later this year, correct? Those usually have some new Digimon in it, do they not? Like Frostvelgremon. So, june/july could give us a new family maybe?

The Chaos Entity

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

But it's good to finally see him getting included. The Reference Book is really going at it. Every week seems a nice surprise lately, with some oldies getting the love they deserve. Still praying for Chronomon's line; They deserve a proper spot among the rest.

Also, some new Virtual Pet chips (don't know how to name them) will launch later this year, correct? Those usually have some new Digimon in it, do they not? Like Frostvelgremon. So, june/july could give us a new family maybe?

We’re getting Infinite Tide and Titan of Dust in June, Hermits in the Jungle and New Metal Empire in August and Mad Black Roar and True Shadow Howl in September, not counting tie-ins like the Tamers GP series and the Medabots one.
For the most part, they seem to be focusing on already existing ‘families’ - the Pendulum Z versions of Deep Savers, Nature Spirits, Wind Guardians and Metal Empire for the first four, and BlackWarGreymon and BlackMetalGarurumon for the last two. That said, though none of the announced ones so far seem to have any kind of focus on a ‘new family’, as it were, I personally anticipate one-or-two new Digimon per set of DiM cards, in the vein of Hiyarimon, Frozomon, and FrosVelgrmon.

Sparrow Hawk

Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
After certain episode, and it had me thinking.

"The Digital World's Strongest Digimon" mentioned in Mugendramon's profile. Isn't it better if it goes like "The Strongest Weapon Digimon Crack Team made and it's the most proudest creation they ever made." something like that?

Because I realized, why say Digital World while Mugendramon being artificial manmade developed by Crack Team? Sorry I'm not that great in English but this is actually bothering me. It sounded like Crack Team won a Nobel Prize to Yggdrasil and it was approved something like that.

JungleTrooper

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

We’re getting Infinite Tide and Titan of Dust in June, Hermits in the Jungle and New Metal Empire in August and Mad Black Roar and True Shadow Howl in September, not counting tie-ins like the Tamers GP series and the Medabots one.
For the most part, they seem to be focusing on already existing ‘families’ - the Pendulum Z versions of Deep Savers, Nature Spirits, Wind Guardians and Metal Empire for the first four, and BlackWarGreymon and BlackMetalGarurumon for the last two. That said, though none of the announced ones so far seem to have any kind of focus on a ‘new family’, as it were, I personally anticipate one-or-two new Digimon per set of DiM cards, in the vein of Hiyarimon, Frozomon, and FrosVelgrmon.
Aaah, thank you for clarifying. Their focus on older lines because we already got so many Digimon is understandable, and I honestly like the way they're doing designs lately (Baluchimon and the like were a real throwback to ye olde days).

So, we could expect a few new names then, that's good to know. Not too many would be fine.

Chappinhas

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
a really cool gimick for a game would be to have culumon as a a partner and progressing the story by aiding other digimon evolving i think, like an rpg more based on the oldschool file city building

Bancho

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
a really cool gimick for a game would be to have culumon as a a partner and progressing the story by aiding other digimon evolving i think, like an rpg more based on the oldschool file city building
if Survive does well enough to get a sequel, it would be cool to have a strategy roleplay game with this premise

JungleTrooper

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Two new Digimon have been revealed for the upcoming V-pet version: Sunamon and Goromon; The In-training and Baby version of at least Sunarizamon. Curious if we'll see referencebook entries 'soon'. It's been a few days again.

Muur

Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Neat, I was hoping these guys would come after KingSukamon did.

Guess they settled on Champion for GoldNumemon, he was annoying in that sometimes he was Mega and sometimes he was Champion.

And neat, they added more lore to BlackKingNumemon since all his CS profile said was about how it rules the Dark Trash World. Looks like they went with its animation from World 3 (firing beams from its eyes) rather than its CS animation (throwing poop from its shell) for Dark Pupil's description. (the CS animation using that name for throwing poop was kinda weird in the first place, would've made more sense to have that as the "Poison Mucus" attack)

Anyway here's hoping some more Digimon from recent games like Cyber Sleuth get into the DRB too since there's still a few left over.

e105zeta

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I hope they're gearing up to do an Encyclopedia spotlight on all of the Filth Digimon.

JungleTrooper

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Awesome, good to see the quite obscure Black King Numemon. Funny how they went with the Adult-form of Gold Numemon. I guess this finishes the Numemon 'species'.

May has been a good month for the referencebook; 9 Entries in total, most of them older 'mons finally getting their time in the sunlight. If Adventures and the V-pets won't introduce new ones the upcoming month, then we'll likely see more old names in the reference book the upcoming weeks.