Digimon Channel: Pics and Translation Thread

Sparrow Hawk

How deep the rabbit-hole goes
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
*Jaw drops* No WAY? TRAILMON? Wow does it mean some certain digimon ones finally get their official artworks?! Now it gotten so interesting at this year!

Chimera-gui

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This is completely random considering it wasn't part of the poll, but appreciated all the same. I hope the others get the same treatment.
I'm guessing this may tie into a Digimon Profiles report coming in a few hours from now and the poll mon will be Thursday night my time.

Angel-kun

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This is completely random considering it wasn't part of the poll, but appreciated all the same. I hope the others get the same treatment.

Not at all.They already made the same submitting digimon to complete evolution chart (pendulum z, with jewelbeemon), or because they needed for their digimon profile report (clear agumon, bancho lilimon) and in this case was to complete the report for vehicle digimon.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Reference book update! We get the 2 Digimon that showed up in the new episode of Adventure:, plus the other 2 from the fan vote!
atamadekachimon_may8_2021.png
minidekachimon_may8_2021.png
yoyomon_may9_2021.png
kodokugumon_may9_2021.png

Atamadekachimon
Minidekachimon
Yo!yo!mon
KoDokugumon

Last edited:

Muur

Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That design looks nothing like the KoDokugumon we're accustom to and it's even rookie. Kinda makes it feel like a second version, where there's two of them - one a baby and one a rookie? so weird how it looks nothing like the original one

YongYoKyo

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Huh, was not expecting them to give Kodokugumon such a major redesign.

Bancho

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
oh, I didn't know about the two poll winner reference book additions! Digimon Twitter didn't announce them, that's so rude. 😡
edit: oh, my feed just hadn't updated to show the twitter anouncement of them :x

I appreciate the new spikes on Yo!Yo!mon's design and the major redesign KoDokugumon got, especially with the lore giving it the same reason for wearing gloves as Gaomon: the gloves being protective gear as Gaomon's and KoDokugumon's claws are still developing. So oddly cute for a venomous spider 💜 honestly in general it's.... really cute. I also love spiders in real life and spent a year playing with yo-yos so my love for these Digimon is expected.
My main complaint is that I don't like the flat shoulder panels on Yo!Yo!mon, they would get in the way of its main body spinning. I do love saying it's name with enunciation on the seperate "yo!" "yo!"s.
"Yo!""Yo!""Mon!"

Last edited:

YongYoKyo

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I appreciate the new spikes on Yo!Yo!mon's design
The spikes aren't new. The artwork is a polished version of Yo!Yo!mon's original artwork from ~14 years ago. The more recent Twitter art removed the spikes.

Chimera-gui

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I appreciate the new spikes on Yo!Yo!mon's design
The spikes aren't new. The artwork is a polished version of Yo!Yo!mon's original artwork from ~14 years ago. The more recent Twitter art removed the spikes.
I suspect the spikes are meant to be retractable, hence them appearing and disappearing.

Sparrow Hawk

Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Whoa I don't remember that KoDokugumon's look... *Checks* Wha? "KoDokugumon" and "KoDokugumon Baby"?
This is freaking awesome design for a spider digimon! Didn't expect this actually got a new evo(?) and different redesign to not to resemble much of Dokugumon but to get Gaomon's glove fashion! I knew it I didn't regret voting it although I had to wait for such long time lol
It's weird this KoDokugumon's jaw is so completely different from Dokugumon and Baby form while Baby form is just mini version of Dokugumon with simpler design. But it made this even look more amazing!

And what's up with weird name.... On this name of YoYo digimon.

doublewizard

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
WOW I did not expect KoDokugumon to get such a different design. Curious if this is meant to be a complete redesign that will be used from now on or if it's mean to be a variant or evolution?

e105zeta

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I heartily applaud the KoDokugumon redesign. It looks less like a clone and more like it’s own Digimon. Wish it had made it into Nightmare Soldiers Z or Nature Spirits Z.

Thank goodness the palette on the big heads makes them look less like more Agumons (despite them being that).

Sparrow Hawk

Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think this new design of KoDokugumon is even more interesting if you think about it really carefully.

It has some borrowed designs from Archnemon: Wrapping leather belts on all legs and purple stripes on its bottom body part.
Different eye patterns from Dokugumon. New spikes on its abdomen Dokugumon didn't have it but only on its stinger claw and Archnemon have none of it.

So I feel like this KoDokugumon is different yet Baby form is more of Dokugumon made me so confused. Maybe Baby form might need new redesign? Or it's clearly graduated to this KoDokugumon with new design to discard "Baby form" completely? Which is it?!

Chimera-gui

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Maybe Baby form might need new redesign? Or it's clearly graduated to this KoDokugumon with new design to discard "Baby form" completely? Which is it?!
I'm assuming the latter since we've had both Digimon get redesigned (Cherrymon) and Digimon get their Levels changed (Yo!Yo!mon being the most recent example of this). We'll need to see some kind of confirmation on this though.

The Golux

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yo!Yo!mon's level was only from the sketch the creator made before, so this overrides what was pretty soft canon before at best. As for KoDokugumon, the new one looks more effective as an individual digimon, but the simpler design of the original is better suited to being created en masse by Dokugumon's attacks.

Eitaroutarouman

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
New art is nice and all, but doesn't retconning Kodokugumon's level and creating a brand new one mean the OG one didn't get artwork at all? Weird. Also reaaaaally hoping someone fixes the romanization on Yo!Yo!mon. People are going to pronounce it wrong and it's gonna annoy the hell outta me.

Last edited:

Muur

Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
New art is nice and all, but doesn't retconning Kodokugumon's level and creating a brand new one mean the OG one didn't get artwork at all? Weird. Also reaaaaally hoping someone fixes the romanization on Yo!Yo!mon. People are going to pronounce it wrong and it's gonna annoy the hell outta me.

At least we have the New Century art

but yeah, this is dumb though if we count them as different Digimon it can be a Baby level and Rookie level for a complete line (rip DoKunemon)

Lord Bearmon

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
New art is nice and all, but doesn't retconning Kodokugumon's level and creating a brand new one mean the OG one didn't get artwork at all?
It's kinda like BlackSeraphimon's case, the OG black one from DW3 never got an artwork either. Also, this isn't the first time Kodokugumon appear as a Child, and it doesn't really make sense to have a gap in level when it's supposed to be a smaller Dokugumon.

The Golux

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
the original design of KoDokugumon was apparently already child level in New Century?

e105zeta

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
the original design of KoDokugumon was apparently already child level in New Century?
Yeah, that’s correct. The design of both spiders is frankly too complicated for even a Baby II. If you want to justify it just think of the old one as Dokugumon clones and the Child as an independent new Digimon I guess.