Digimon Channel: Pics and Translation Thread

Muur

How deep the rabbit-hole goes
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Perhaps a future poll will get us a DRB entry for the DW3 BlackSeraphimon and maybe that one will get a profile that's actually interesting.

provided it counts as a separate Digimon of course and not just design changes like happened pretty often back then. Little reason to think the BlackSeraphimon of DW3 and the BSmon of Frontier aren't the same species with design tweaks. DW3 BlackMegaGargomon has a different design to the one used in later media, yet no one says there's two versions of him running around. Same for Hookmon (who is Red in DW3, and Blue in everything else).

Lord Bearmon

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
DW3 BlackMegaGargomon has a different design to the one used in later media, yet no one says there's two versions of him running around. Same for Hookmon (who is Red in DW3, and Blue in everything else).
BlackSaintGalgomon and Hookmon only have a color change, unlike Frontier BlackSeraphimon that got a new set of wings, the lack of loincloth, and his whole color scheme is different. So no reason to think they are the same case as BlackSeraphimon.

Muur

Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
DW3 BlackMegaGargomon has a different design to the one used in later media, yet no one says there's two versions of him running around. Same for Hookmon (who is Red in DW3, and Blue in everything else).
BlackSaintGalgomon and Hookmon only have a color change, unlike Frontier BlackSeraphimon that got a new set of wings, the lack of loincloth, and his whole color scheme is different. So no reason to think they are the same case as BlackSeraphimon.

Then what about V-Tamer NeoDevimon and Daemon vs everything else NeoDevimon and Daemon? Digimon sometimes under-go minor designs changes.

Lord Bearmon

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Then what about V-Tamer NeoDevimon and Daemon vs everything else NeoDevimon and Daemon? Digimon sometimes under-go minor designs changes.
The same reason how V-dramon is fat and Gabumon looks goofy.
They aren't even close to the level of difference between Frontier and DW3 BlackSeraphimon.

Muur

Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The same reason how V-dramon is fat and Gabumon looks goofy.
They aren't even close to the level of difference between Frontier and DW3 BlackSeraphimon.

Image Thumbnail

Image Thumbnail

they have different masks, different wings, different hair, different pants, different coloured balls on the chest, one has bandages all over his arms, black skin vs grey skin

they don't really look that much alike

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Whether the NeoDevimon are the same species or not is a little ambiguous, since they do have two different types. But anyway, let’s get back on topic.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Reference book update with the Digimon we saw in the most recent Digimon Classroom from the Blizzard Fang Dim!

hiyarimon_april12_2021.png
frozomon_april12_2021.jpg
frosvelgrmon_april12_2021.jpg

Hiyarimon
Frozomon
FrosVelgrmon

Last edited:

Inpu

Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Is anyone aware of a legendary snowbird who rescues travelers on mountains *other* than Articuno? Even Articuno's line about that seems to be a pretty big stretch from the tale of the Simurgh in the Shahnameh, which is more different from both monsters' dex entries than either are from each other.

It really feels like they just decided to spin Hraesvelgr's ice associations into making Articunomon.

Sparrow Hawk

Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Oh damn. So it is clear Shroudmon is simply a husk with some cracks which Pulse symbol (Not Pulsemon symbol) happens to be shaped crack.
Basically halloween pumpkin face!

But I want the back of Shroudmon image! That oni face! Is it muscle shapes happens to be Oni-like face? Or crack holes? Which is it?!

I wonder if it's same thing for Kaduchimon, too? He is covered heavily with all armor and clothes. Probably lightnings like Shroudmon is made up of all raging flames.

HeavyLeomon

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Oh damn. So it is clear Shroudmon is simply a husk with some cracks which Pulse symbol (Not Pulsemon symbol) happens to be shaped crack.
Basically halloween pumpkin face!

But I want the back of Shroudmon image! That oni face! Is it muscle shapes happens to be Oni-like face? Or crack holes? Which is it?!

I wonder if it's same thing for Kaduchimon, too? He is covered heavily with all armor and clothes. Probably lightnings like Shroudmon is made up of all raging flames.

The Shroudmon back face is enough reason to want him in a 3D ps4/ps5 game. His model would be sick.

CloneWarrior

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Random question: Is BlackSeraphimon the only Digimon that had a card in the original card game and has Reference Book art that doesn't match their first card?

YongYoKyo

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Random question: Is BlackSeraphimon the only Digimon that had a card in the original card game and has Reference Book art that doesn't match their first card?
I believe the V-Tamer NeoDevimon card technically released before the DRB NeoDevimon card.

Muur

Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Nah since the 2020 card game hasn't used DRB art yet. If you just mean Hyper Colluseum there's also the Burgermon since they got new art too. Also EbiBurgermon doesn't even look like its DRB art in the card game. Eosmon in HC as well as the Kizuna bond forms don't use drb art in HC either

Muur

Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
He even comes with his own Sukamon friend on his shoulder, which I guess evolved from the Chuumon on Sukamon's shoulder.

I'm glad he gets to be his own proper thing, now make him playable. He's a great counterpart to BlackKingNumemon (put him in too plz).

Sparrow Hawk

Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Putting Scumon on Great King Scumon's shoulder in Tyumon's favorite seat eh? Come to think of it, why exclude Tyumon?

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
A small reference book update...

trailmon_april27_2021.png

Trailmon [specifically the 'Worm' Trailmon]

Last edited:

Chimera-gui

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Worm looks as perplexed about its addition as we are, it is staring directly at the viewer.

Last edited:

Eitaroutarouman

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This is completely random considering it wasn't part of the poll, but appreciated all the same. I hope the others get the same treatment.