Digimon Channel: Pics and Translation Thread

YongYoKyo

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It also seems that we have a full-insect line (excluding the base Pulsemon) in the VB. Shivamon definitely shares a lot of aspects with Exermon, notably the yoga theme. The multi-armed aspect of Hindu deities is also nicely incorporated with the multi-limbed aspect of insects.
Well Pistmon is Plant type. And yes, Achillesmon's ponytail and Shivamon's antennae are meant to invoke lightning.

I wasn't referring to Pistmon. I was referring to that unknown mantis-like Perfect. Exermon doesn't even seem to be able to evolve into Pistmon anyways.

Shivamon is pretty much a lightshow, invoking the modern city-aesthetic of Impulse City. Achilles' spearpoint is very reminiscent of Pulsemon's "logo", and his helmet-mohawk has those pulse-line patterns.

HeavyLeomon

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Achillesmon? As this is spartan digimon?! And I feel like they are kinda "feminine" version of Pulsemon but I'm surprised they are Ultimate? Felt it's more of new Perfects for girls.

Nice nice nice Sweet! Is that lotus? And a strange alien snake. So it's probably myth hindu digimon?

Just shivamon name is feminine, maybe its face too, but we have to wait for better quality pics.
Cant see anything feminine in Achillesmon, his clothes are for athletes, his boots probably based on "hermes" boots and his torso is a strong rival to marsmon and metaletemon in terms of masculinity.

I like the mythological theme mixed with some cool animals.
Shivamon can be the first feminine ultimate level Insect and Achillesmon a black jaguar (pantera). Still im not a big fan of the final product, idk if its the pose they have or the colours, idk, they look a bit weird to me.

Chimera-gui

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I wasn't referring to Pistmon. I was referring to that unknown mantis-like Perfect. Exermon doesn't even seem to be able to evolve into Pistmon anyways.
I realized that after the fact, whoops.

Geode

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Is Achillesmon a black panther man?

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Guys, I know everyone likes Final Fantasy, but Shiva is a male Hindu god. Shivamon is presumably male-coded as well.

YongYoKyo

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
In Hinduism, beauty and purity (especially the lotus flower) can apply to all deities, not just the feminine ones. Besides, there is an inherent "waspishness" to many insectoid designs.

HeavyLeomon

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Guys, I know everyone likes Final Fantasy, but Shiva is a male Hindu god. Shivamon is presumably male-coded as well.

I dont like Final fantasy, i just have a problem with Kali (goddess of destruction) and Sheeva from mortal kombat, it results in me calling the goddess Sheeva/Shiva instead of Kali.

Sparrow Hawk

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeah Achillesmon is Black Panther although I misjudged it as the helmet mouthplate at first time. lol

Achillesmon seems like he is type to put all efforts in his training. Dat muscles in both arms and legs something the most human types (Like Angemon and others) have normal muscles but those are seriously buffed muscles. I like that normal shoes lol

So Pulsemon - Runnermon - Boutmon - Achillesmon?

Oh yeah Shivamon have lightning bug feelers but it's not standing out enough I guess.

Now I think about it, I guess it's not really feminine as I thought. I guess it's just bad timing since I spaced out thinking it's girl color things. I really... Don't know why when I first saw it like that.

Now the fourth Ultimate slot is probably Namakemon/Tempomon's...? I cannot imagine how. Lazy God or what?

YongYoKyo

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
One thing to note is that they're not simply just gods (or demigod in Achilles' case); all of the known Ultimates in the Vital Bracelet are still in-theme with sports and/or exercise.

Takemikazuchi is a patron deity for ancient Japanese martial arts (also a swordsman god of war).
Shiva is the patron deity of yoga and meditation (also a god of destruction).
Achilles has hosted athletic competitions (think Olympic Games) and is an unrivaled athlete himself (also a war hero).

Tortoiseshel

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The thematic cohesion in Impulse City is 😙👌

HeavyLeomon

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yes, Pulsemon-Runnermon-Boutmon-Achillesmon sounds like a very good line to me.

Im not totally sure if we are having a fourth ultimate, in one of the latest videos they made about it, the chart had just 3 ultimate spots.
I hope there is one more. I dont like any of the current ultimates for tempomon, also shootmon feels out of place and we dont know it yet, but the acuatic could be a similar case.

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
There's still one Ultimate to go, as we can see here (there's a chart a little over halfway down the page):

Shivamon's attacks are Kutastha Kirana ("Spiritual Eye Sunbeam," a sphere of light energy from its palm), Kamala Karma ("Lakshmi Karma," throws one of the rings from its arms, I think?), and Samadhi Shanti ("Meditative State's Inner Peace," a rainbow-colored barrier).

Achillesmon's attacks are Anemodarmenos ("Windswept," uses the shields on its legs as a booster, leaving afterimages), Asteroeidis ("Asteroid," a high-speed kick), and Lonchi Adistakto ("Ruthless Spear," penetrates the enemy's Digicore with his spear).

Sparrow Hawk

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yes, Pulsemon-Runnermon-Boutmon-Achillesmon sounds like a very good line to me.

Im not totally sure if we are having a fourth ultimate, in one of the latest videos they made about it, the chart had just 3 ultimate spots.
I hope there is one more. I dont like any of the current ultimates for tempomon, also shootmon feels out of place and we dont know it yet, but the acuatic could be a similar case.

I think Shootmon goes Achillesmon isn't bad since Shootmon have Sport balls and Achillesmon have that athletic spear.

I kinda see Tempomon to Shivamon for involving calmness and mind simulation besides body movements.

I hope the next Memo will reveal which Perfects will evolve to Achillesmon and Shivamon along with that Swimmer/Climber Perfects.

Chimera-gui

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I assume we're going to get the last update with the remaining three Digimon between Sunday and next Thursday. examining the larger Twitter artwork shows Shivamon is wearing a heart pendant while the symbol on Achillesmon's chest might be a stylized heart.

Sparrow Hawk

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeah however it's really harder to see at that pendant of Shivamon's in the big image. Achillesmon's big image is easier to see.

You can feel "Pulsemon" in their designs there.

Lhikan634

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well, it looks like Achillesmon inherited a version of the Achille's heel. His upper body and thighs are ripped, but the crus down look like they've never seen a gym. It would be a shame if an attack were to get past his wing shields. I'm a little bummed that it looks a lot like some fanmade Digimon in style (perhaps between the general carnivoran appearance with the fairly simple singlet). I do think he's indeed supposed to be feline as he has those whiskers.

Sparrow Hawk

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeah it didn't have... *Searched* ... Gastrocnemius muscles which is something so suspicious but the profile still didn't mention that weaknesses.

Fanmade style huh. Maybe Achillesmon need to have its eyes re-designed to be more Digimon-ish?

e105zeta

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I assume we're going to get the last update with the remaining three Digimon between Sunday and next Thursday. examining the larger Twitter artwork shows Shivamon is wearing a heart pendant while the symbol on Achillesmon's chest might be a stylized heart.
I think the spear itself is the heart for Achillesmon. It even has the "pulse" symbol on it's tip. Pretty clever.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media