Digimon Channel: Pics and Translation Thread

YongYoKyo

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I expected Tempomon to be a lot more puppet-like from its sprite. I didn't quite expect a very modern break-dancer, nor a plant cyclist. They very much fit "Impulse City", to say the least.

Lord Bearmon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Tempomon not as cute as I thought based on the sprite, disappointed.

Pissmon Pistmon looks like Exermon's evolution, but would've been better if they keep the insect theme, instead of plant.

Sparrow Hawk

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Tempomon is the best one! Breakdancer! With Puppet mascot.

Whoa is this first time we actually have Plant type MAN digimon? Awesome. I'm really pleased with this unique design. I love how they design its legs to cycle wheels as part of the plant! Exermon evolves to that? I always imagined if Pulsemon will get sport cycle evo now look at this!

Pulsemon sure got everything in its type from Dragon Man to Plant.

Muur

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Pistmon came from no where. Mixing a plant with a bike is random, but I think it works decently enough. this just adds even more plant Ultimate Digimon though, we really need Plant Megas that aren't just sexy waifus. Hopefully the VB brings us one so the other Plant Ultimates have more Mega options.

As for Tempomon I expected it to look more cute and derpy if its meant to be a Slothmon evolution, so I'm surprised that it doesn't look that way. Seems a bit over designed to me

Sparrow Hawk

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
"Pist"? It's odd to name it like that when it clearly is a sport biker with no "machine" parts. But I totally get it.

Tempomon's type is "Bird Man"? Disappointing. Not Puppet or Demon Man and no matter how you look at him, it's totally Breakdancing version of Wisemon! What bird parts? It's just a penguin jacket...

I can see both Tempomon and Pistmon have its unique symbol but still Shootmon...

Pulsemon's evo is way wilder, cooler and randomness than Tailmon's! But with physical health activities. Loved it. Favorite'd harder.

Martial Art. Dancing. Sports+Dummy Practice. Exercise Transport. What's next?!

YongYoKyo

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
"Pist"? It's odd to name it like that when it clearly is a sport biker with no "machine" parts. But I totally get it.
That's because it's not based on "piston". It's most likely based on "piste", a Japanese term for a fixed-gear racing bike (which the Japanese borrowed from the French language).

Could also be partially based on "pistil", the reproductive organs of a flower.

Chimera-gui

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Tempomon's type is "Bird Man"? Disappointing. Not Puppet or Demon Man and no matter how you look at him, it's totally Breakdancing version of Wisemon! What bird parts? It's just a penguin jacket...
Actually you'll notice that Tempo's arms are feathered implying that it is a bird under its clothes.

Its boots are also meant to make it look like it's wearing spats on it bare bird feet.

Last edited:

Bancho

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I really want a dancing mega as I don't want Tempomon to stop dancing!
With great speed and great balance, I think Pistmon is the shared perfect form of Runnermon and Exermon. Tempomon gives Namakemon vibes but I'm not sure how to explain why I feel that.

Tempomon is an absolutely perfect Digimon I have no complaints for, his sneakers that look like bird feet are genius, his sweater makes it obvious he's a penguin, his arms sell the "man" part of "bird-man" while adding a classically monstrous touch and his speaker and headphones all serve a practical function. I don't think there's a single detail on it that doesn't have a practical design purpose.
Pistmon I would have liked more if it could share its ride with its tamer. You can't ride Machmon and you can't ride Pistmon, Komondomon it the only Digimon lately not letting me down as a vehicle you can't ride :(

Sparrow Hawk

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Piste or Pistil. Hmm Hardly relating to any physical activities of Pulsemon's evo. But I suppose having multiple meanings of this word name will do.

Tempomon's arms feel like it's more of the monkey arms. Sorry I never have touched or seen a real life penguin's skin closely before. Only witnessed at zoo yet it's so far to see there besides looking at it in the glass wall zoo isn't enough to judge.

I do feel Tempomon is Namakemon's evo but unable to explain it well like SparkGold said. Probably it's their appearances and "fur", too?

Pistmon is Runnermon's evo which is very odd but I guess it's acceptable. But what about Exermon's Perfect evo? I guess the next two slots will reveal...

It's really impossible to imagine how they evolve to Ultimate forms because randomness in - Man type for Pulsemon's evo lines besides Plant and Kadutimon's whole appearance had no relations to its "exercise activities"...

Chimera-gui

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
To be fair on Wikimon, it is noted that Kadutimon's namesake Takemikaduti engaged in contest of strength with the god Takeminakata that is said to be the mythical origin of Sumo and Aiki.

Sparrow Hawk

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Oh that's... Pretty odd and specific. Sumo and Aiki... Cannot imagine how Kadutimon doing sumo/aiki due to its samurai appearance...

I guess there will be no sumo related evo since it's already taken as Kadutimon.

YongYoKyo

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Oh that's... Pretty odd and specific. Sumo and Aiki... Cannot imagine how Kadutimon doing sumo/aiki due to its samurai appearance...

I guess there will be no sumo related evo since it's already taken as Kadutimon.
Not really specific. Takemikazuchi is a patron deity of Japanese martial arts, including sumo and aiki. Samurais and sumo aren't mutually-exclusive either. During a period of time, skilled sumo wrestlers were granted samurai status; and vice versa, samurais participated in sumo matches.

Also, swordsmanship itself is a form of martial arts/combat sports, like kendo or European fencing.

Sparrow Hawk

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Granted Samurai status. Huh interesting facts.

I tend to forget swordsmanship is part of the martial arts because my town doesn't have any. Pity

I don't suppose if solider martial arts actually end up being used as another new Ultimate form of Pulsemon...?

Notus

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I find it unlikely, as if they use the same themes as the Adults, it'll be combat / exercise / distance/speed / rest. So Kazuchimon is probably the only combat themed Ultimate evolution.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Reference book update, this time a Pulsemon Ultimate!

kaduchimon_february25_2021.png

Kaduchimon

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Sparrow Hawk

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Achillesmon? As this is spartan digimon?! And I feel like they are kinda "feminine" version of Pulsemon but I'm surprised they are Ultimate? Felt it's more of new Perfects for girls.

Nice nice nice Sweet! Is that lotus? And a strange alien snake. So it's probably myth hindu digimon?

YongYoKyo

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Seems all of the Ultimates in the Vital Bracelet are mythological/historical-themed.

It also seems that we have a full-insect line (excluding the base Pulsemon) in the VB. Shivamon definitely shares a lot of aspects with Exermon, notably the yoga theme. The multi-armed aspect of Hindu deities is also nicely incorporated with the multi-limbed aspect of insects.

Last edited:

Sparrow Hawk

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
And it's Data attribute Insect type with Ultimate level! I'm extremely pleased with it.

But I see nothing "electric" shaped things in those. Not even "Pulsemon's Blocky Heart" mark unless if they show up bigger images. Not even a hint of... Green/Yellow lightnings? Maybe Achillesmon's ponytail is lightning-ish?

I really like how Pulsemon's Ultimate forms with their name origins comes from different countries in their own myth/historical things.

I'd like to imagine Achillesmon being the "Entertainment" to Olympian Twelve under my headcanon. lol

Chimera-gui

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Achillesmon's ponytail and Shivamon's antennae are meant to invoke lightning.

And this coupled with the Kingdom Hearts stream I've been watching makes me want to listen to Danny DeVito's song One Last Hope.

Last edited: