Digimon Channel: Pics and Translation Thread

RDNexus

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I favor the good old designs, if nothing else.
Some designs over the years, I also deem good.
Others are very much "creative" in appearance.

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Gee, I wonder if they'll be in the Metal Empire V-Pet :p

I didn't expect Ketomon and Hopmon but I'm happy we finally get them after so many years! rescued from the Wonderswan/anime cameo after 20 years!

Now we need Chichimon, Arcadiamon In-Training, and TorikaraBallmon and then I think we have every baby in there

The Golux

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I am legitimately surprised that they remembered Ketomon and Hopmon.

YongYoKyo

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Despite how "underdeveloped" it looks, Hopmon is a full Baby Dragon-type instead of Lesser-type.

Obviously, HeavyLeomon is a Vaccine Machine-type.

I am legitimately surprised that they remembered Ketomon and Hopmon.
You can thank the Pendulum Z2 V-Pets. Even Kiimon and Yaamon got added to the DRB with new artworks due to the Digimon X2 V-Pets.

Tortoiseshel

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
On the one hand, I'm stoked that they finally, finally remembered Ketomon and Hopmon exist. On the other hand, that art looks like I drew it.

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wha? Monodramon's babies actually got to appear at finally? But their artworks are err uh weak? And it's very so blue!

Weird Impmon's Babies got awesome arts but I felt like they are just drawn lazily. Now I'm really happy we got both babies of Impmon and Monodramon to receive their artworks! Meaning we will have to see Ketomon and Hopmon to get a new card soon!

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Despite how "underdeveloped" it looks, Hopmon is a full Baby Dragon-type instead of Lesser-type.

Obviously, HeavyLeomon is a Vaccine Machine-type.
Apparently he was stated to be Baby Dragon in an old art tamers book or something

HLmon already had Bvaccine Machine from Rearise's profile. I'm assuming the DRB is just a copy paste of what was in RA

anyway I agree with the other people that these are really bad arts that seem thrown together. like, the toei art of hopmon is better and toei are known for making digimon look bad.

The Golux

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
HLmon already had Bvaccine Machine from Rearise's profile. I'm assuming the DRB is just a copy paste of what was in RA
It mentions three attacks, I don't know if rearise had all three.

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It mentions three attacks, I don't know if rearise had all three.
It has Sonic Excavator and Barrage Sweeper as attacks in Rearise, but not Resting Burner. its profile in RA mentions RB, though.

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
? Not really. Just wait for the Digimon Twitter to release much larger pic of him.

e105zeta

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
On the one hand, I'm stoked that they finally, finally remembered Ketomon and Hopmon exist. On the other hand, that art looks like I drew it.
They just traced over and shaded the Tamers lineart.

Tortoiseshel

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
They just traced over and shaded the Tamers lineart.
I thought so too at first, but looking at them side-by-side it's clear they're different. Same basic poses, yes, but not traced.

I think maybe someone let their kid draw them, seeing as they look just like my early attempts at emulating the Bandai style in middle school :B

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think they probably realised they didn't have Bandai art for them so told an intern to draw them by the end of the day or something.

DigiKing Tamer

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Sounds like Bandai dropped the ball on the latest DRB update art wise, but it's always exciting to see them regardless! šŸ˜„

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Glad HeavyLeomon's profile finally showed up but I'm still waiting for Jupitermon/Junomon's mode profiles you know? C'mon.

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Junkmon as a Puppet-Type feels weird, especially with the other two as Cyborg, but I guess looking at him he does look a toy