Digimon Channel: Pics and Translation Thread

ShikaSS

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I was just thinking about that, it's kind of odd too since the original base Superior Mode didn't have anything to do with Bagramon, so things like they bony arms kind of come out of nowhere.
It's just another case of the anime design being slightly different. Since every Superior Mode appearance aside from the anime one uses this art and the profile mentions him having Bagramon's right arm, it seems like this is its actual depiction.

EDIT: Actually, even the Hyper Colosseum card mentions a "Demon Lord's arm".

Chimera-gui

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Actually, even the Hyper Colosseum card mentions a "Demon Lord's arm".
To be fair, Demon Lord as a Type isn't exclusive to the Seven Demon Lords. In fact, Bagramon's classified as one as well.

Muur

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Actually, even the Hyper Colosseum card mentions a "Demon Lord's arm".
To be fair, Demon Lord as a Type isn't exclusive to the Seven Demon Lords. In fact, Bagramon's classified as one as well.
He wasn't disputing that. He was pointing out the card also said he has Bagramon's arm.

Maybe Bagramon split into both Gumdramon and Old Clockman when he died lol

Bartz

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I was just thinking about that, it's kind of odd too since the original base Superior Mode didn't have anything to do with Bagramon, so things like they bony arms kind of come out of nowhere.
It's just another case of the anime design being slightly different. Since every Superior Mode appearance aside from the anime one uses this art and the profile mentions him having Bagramon's right arm, it seems like this is its actual depiction.

EDIT: Actually, even the Hyper Colosseum card mentions a "Demon Lord's arm".
Potentially yes, but IIRC the anime appearance predates the first appearance of the Brave Snatcher artwork by about two years, and even longer for the regular version and the profile that came with it. So if the original intent was for it to originally incorporate Bagramon they were sitting on it for a long time.

YongYoKyo

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Evidently, they just didn't have an official artwork for the original Superior Mode. The artwork used in the DRB and TCG is literally the same one as the "w/ Brave Snatcher" artwork, just with the Brave Snatcher removed and the opacity for the flame effect increased.

Just like how they only make DRB profiles for Xroses with official artworks, the only version with an official artwork became the main version.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Evidently, they just didn't have an official artwork for the original Superior Mode. The artwork used in the DRB and TCG is literally the same one as the "w/ Brave Snatcher" artwork, just with the Brave Snatcher removed and the opacity for the flame effect increased.
The 'they didn't have official artwork so they did this instead' type thing is something that's been made up by fans. The image being used 'is' the official profile artwork for the character and has been used for a relatively long chunk of time.

It showed up reasonably shortly after the Brave Snatcher version (based on timing both versions were likely made at the same time, or quite close, and were intended to be used as they are, as different versions of Arresterdramon featuring the same main art.)

For Bandai's purposes they seem to consider Superior Mode to have the Bagramon arm, which has also been mentioned going back to the card.

YongYoKyo

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
You've misinterpreted my point. My point was never "they forgot so they did this instead". My point was "they just didn't make an official artwork for it", nothing more. It wasn't that they forgot to make one and just used the available one. They just never made one for it in the first place and didn't feel the need to make a completely different artwork for such a minor variation. They just re-used the same base artwork, but with different tails, like they did with Justimon.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
You've misinterpreted my point. My point was never "they forgot so they did this instead". My point was "they just didn't make an official artwork for it", nothing more. It wasn't that they forgot to make one and just used the available one. They just never made one for it in the first place and didn't feel the need to make a completely different artwork for such a minor variation. They just re-used the same base artwork, but with different tails, like they did with Justimon.
Fair enough. I had assumed your comment was based on people yesterday making up things about the artwork.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Added translated details for Arresterdramon: Superior Mode to the post about him being on the reference book.

sirtao

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
for whatever is worth: DRB SSuperior Mode has armored claws on feet and hands unlike the anime version

And I'm not talking just about a color difference

YongYoKyo

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
for whatever is worth: DRB SSuperior Mode has armored claws on feet and hands unlike the anime version

And I'm not talking just about a color difference
Yes, the DRB art has all of the modifications that the Brave Snatcher version has, because it's using the same base artwork. Bone arms, bone feet, extra pair of Bagramon horns. The only difference is the lack of the Brave Snatcher itself, which was attached to the tail.

Chimera-gui

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I have to wonder if the Brave Snatcher version was made first and was simply modified and reused to make a version without the Brave Snatcher on its tail, even the profile is that of Brave Snatcher.

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
AT FINALLY. HUDIEMON'S ARTWORK

Oh? Both Hudiemon and JewelBeemon are the evolved forms of Wormmon for the updates huh

Muur

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It's about time Hudiemon got in! maybe now she'll be used in more stuff?

Now for Merciful Mode to come.

(and Guardromon Gold, for memes)

Chimera-gui

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wait what? The last update was literally a week ago and we're already getting another one? The month just started but okay....

Muur

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

wikimon translated the profile. the extra info pleases me because it basically says that (ill spoiler tag it)
if the erika/hudiemon version from hackers memory reunites with her friends/family theyll regain their memories. I need this this to happen.

Also I can't help but notice the DRB version removed the part about her voice being an eternal treasure. ...thats annoying, because it was presumably a reference to Wada.

ShikaSS

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wait what? The last update was literally a week ago and we're already getting another one? The month just started but okay....
Hopefully we're back to having 2 profiles per week.

Also I can't help but notice the DRB version removed the part about her voice being an eternal treasure. ...thats annoying, because it was presumably a reference to Wada.
Yeah, I wonder why they removed that part.

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hmm the difference from two profiles of Hudiemon: Voice nickname, Eternal Treasure and the data of the memories and records restored if she is around as the backup.

I can see two references on Hudiemon. But why the difference....