Digimon Channel: Pics and Translation Thread

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Looks like we've got another Eosmon situation where the profiles where we can expect profiles every couple days.
Rookie and/or Champion might come after next weeks episode since theyre still relevant to that episode

Chimera-gui

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
To fair, we did technically see Adult this week and we saw the Child on Izzy's computer screen so it's possible we'll see them before then.

YongYoKyo

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
To fair, we did technically see Adult this week and we saw the Child on Izzy's computer screen so it's possible we'll see them before then.
Not just the computer screen, it transformed into the Child mid-evolution sequence, when it was glowing green and slapping away Agumon's fireball.

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I know we saw them, I just meant they might wait for those to be uploaded for when theyre no longer relevant to the episodes. Then again I suppose adding them before it would let people learn about them as they see them fighting again. Prob the best way, I guess

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Algomon (Child) from Digimon Adventure: has been added to the reference book.

Rough quick translation of it's profile information: (Tweaked one or two bits based on a recommendation.)
Level- Child
Type- Mutant
Attribute- Virus
Techniques- Brute Knuckle and Imprisonment

Algomon appears like this while in it's child form. It watches over young Algomon, and as enemies approach will intercept them. It strikes using the balls on both tentacle hands with 'Brute Knuckle' or will restrain the enemy with unwound tentacles using 'Imprisonment'.

Last edited:

Tortoiseshel

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I hope the Algomons become usable in a game sooner rather than later. What wonderfully strange little critters. Great successors to the Keramon family.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Algomon (Adult) from Digimon Adventure: has been added to the reference book.

Rough translation of the reference book content:
Level- Adult
Type- Mutant
Attribute- Virus
Techniques- Volt Line and Imprisonment

Algomon appears like this in it's adult form. It's processing capability has increased abnormally as it's grown. It has become more powerful and its hands can act as manipulators so it can lift big enemies. It's special moves are Imprisonment, where it can restrain enemies with the tentacles coming out if it's mouth, and Volt Line, where it injects electric shocks directly into it's enemies.

Chimera-gui

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That's all the new stages of Algomon covered and a bit ahead of schedule from what I was expecting given when Baby and Child were added, now the only question is are they gonna pull a Justimon and add Worm Phase to the DRB as it own species Sunday to lineup with the anime.

YongYoKyo

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It's more a case of Agumon 2006 than Justimon's Arm modes. Despite how minor the change is, the Algomon Perfect in Adventure: is still a redesign of the Worm Phase from Savers.

Chimera-gui

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Considering Agumon 2006 has its own separate profile from classic and is outright stated to be a distinct subspecies in said profile, I don't think that was the best analogy to use if your intent was to deny the possibility of Worm Phase getting its own profile.

Likewise Justimon's Arm modes are not the only instance of a Digimon's alternate modes being added as subspecies, it's just the closest comparison to Worm Phase in terms of the how alternate modes are related to the base form.

Now whether Worm Phase's profile will use the original Data Squad design, the Psi redesign or something in-between is another matter altogether.

YongYoKyo

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Then Kudamon 2006. You get the idea. Besides, it's not Worm Phase we're talking about. It's the 2020 Algomon Perfect we're talking about. There is a distinction, just like how Beelzemon 2010 isn't called Beelzemon Blast Mode 2010, even though it's clearly based on Blast Mode instead of regular Beelzemon.

Also, who's to say that 2020 Algomon Perfect won't get a distinctly different profile either? There are two major distinctions already from the Savers-era Algomon. There is no need for Algomon Perfect's profile to mention how it was generated from an algorithmic bug now that it's no longer the "youngest" stage. Also, there is no need to mention "Worm Phase" as a separate form now that it's the main and presumably only form.

Chimera-gui

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Okay here is why your counter example doesn't work: All of the redesigns you've mentioned have been main or at least major characters created specifically for the series they appear in and the DRB profiles of the 2010 species as well as Falcomon are unique compared to their classic predecessors (though admittedly the latter point does not apply to the other 2006 subspecies).

Given its limited role in the series, there is no reason to believe the Algomon Perfect in Adventure: isn't just classic Algomon Perfect's Worm Phase with its design simply being modified for Adventure: given that both Jyureimon and Ciel's designs were modified from their earliest appearances in World and Hacker's Memory respectively.

Furthermore, Adventure: Algomon Perfect's Toei profile is literally the Reference Book profile for Classic right down to the fact that it was generated from an algorithm bug lending credence to the idea that it is just classic Worm Phase: http://www.toei-anim.co.jp/tv/digimon/character/digimon.php

Last edited:

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
*Betamon
*Crabmon
*Gazimon
*Gotsumon
*Guilmon
*Hagurumon
*Dobermon
*Gesomon
*Growlmon
*Monochromon
*Starmon
*Thundermon
*IceLeomon
*MetalGreymon
*MetalMamemon
*HerculesKabuterimon

The remaining X forms that arent in

I feel like they could've got most of this done, or even all of it, but oh well. Two is slightly boring

Chimera-gui

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
To be fair, I imagine the pandemic has been screwing things up since Asia was hit by it first plus it would probably be less work to add an even eight next time rather than nine if we included these two not to mention we haven't been getting massive updates since December presumably do to the aforementioned pandemic.

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The Digimon in episode 3 would've presumably been part of this DRB update had the episodes not been delayed - as well as any other new dudes in the episodes. I always expected a small update. They could've put MetalGreymon with Greymon

Chimera-gui

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This is interesting, was not expecting a second update this month.

CloneWarrior

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Interesting that the art keeps all of the Bagramon pieces from the Brave Snatcher DigiXros except for the Brave Snatcher itself as the tail.

Bartz

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Interesting that the art keeps all of the Bagramon pieces from the Brave Snatcher DigiXros except for the Brave Snatcher itself as the tail.
I was just thinking about that, it's kind of odd too since the original base Superior Mode didn't have anything to do with Bagramon, so things like they bony arms kind of come out of nowhere.