Digimon Channel: Pics and Translation Thread

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It's not Red Luster, despite that being put forward a lot. In that case it would be Reddorasutaa instead of Redorusutaa.

YongYoKyo

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It could still be a partial corruption, or even a three/four/etc-way wordplay between "red", "little", "luster", "star", etc.

Personally, I'm partial to the "Reddle Star" idea, since the AI funnels are literally "little stars."

G-SANtos

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Okay, I can't find where I saw stated that Yamatoya's favorite horse was Calibore. I might have imagined it or mistook with something else.

Being a screenwriter doesn't necessarily mean he's involved with the design process of creating brand-new Digimon.
If the Digimon is created for a specific work, the people involved in the work usually have a say in something. This is not Pokémon where create a batch of 100 designs for a new game and the people writing the anime and manga adaptations have no say whatsoever. This is Digimon, where new designs are created whenever.

I would say writers and directors do have a say in the designs, even if they're not the ones who draw them. Like, we know from interviews that Omegamon Merciful Mode was designed because the story of tri. called for it. I don't remember who specifically Watanabe said was the requester, a director, producer, or writer, but it was tri.'s staff that asked. It wasn't Kenji randomly deciding to design a new Omegamon and Bandai ordering it in the series, it was the anime staff who asked. And Tamers originally was meant to have Impmon as the main Digimon, according to Konaka's website, but the anime staff wanted an innocent Digimon. I think these are evidence enough that the anime staff has some say about the Digimon created specifically for an anime project.

Look, I would be more willing to believe it's coincidence if the guy didn't have an entire history of referencing race horses in his works, that is apparently common enough his Japanese Wikipedia article has an entire section about. Heck, you know the anime Ixion Saga DT? Yamatoya was the main writer on that series. Every character in that series was named after a race horse, except for the two characters that weren't named by him (Kon and Erec were said characters, and they were instead named by the director Shinji Takamatsu, who confirmed on Twitter that Yamatoya named everyone else after race horses)

And this guy also wrote this book about Just a Way.

But anyway, I'm going to make a small prediction here. On Ixion Saga, Erec has a sword named Calibre, or カリボール, which is the same katakana as Calibore. This one is a coincidence, as the show was made years before Calibore was born (unless Calibore was named after the sword, I don't know).
Well, Yamatoya currently owns two horses: Calibore and Eos Mon. And according to the novel, Eosmon seems to have a cutting attack. I bet Eosmon has an attack with the word カリボール on its name. If that happens, it'll be the most blatant confirmation that Eosmon is referencing Yamatoya's horse and is another product of his passion for race horses.

It's probably coincidence; as you've stated, the horse was born 3 years ago.
!!!!!???????????
Dude, if the horse was already born, it's more likely that the Digimon's name is referencing the horse. I only mentioned the 3 years ago part because I originally thought Yamatoya had named a new horse after the Digimon. To me, this was all just a bit of funny trivia, until I learned the guy has a thing for referencing race horses in his work.

EDIT: The flipping heck!? Instead of Eosmon's Ultimate, we have the new Agumon up: https://digimon.net/reference/detail.php?directory_name=agumon_kizuna
The official romanization: Agumon -Yuki's Kizuna-. BANDAI, CAN'T YOU HIRE AN ACTUAL TRANSLATOR!!!???

Last edited:

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Another single Digimon has been added.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Agumon Bonds of Courage, from the new movie!

Edit- G-Santos added it while I was writing, but in such a way as to be borderline invisible.

Also...
The official romanization: Agumon -Yuki's Kizuna-. BANDAI, CAN'T YOU HIRE AN ACTUAL TRANSLATOR!!!???
Or maybe people should try to understand that random translations are not thought out 'official romanizations', they are just random quicky translations and they aren't meant to somehow be 'well this is an official romanization everyone should use'.

Sparrow Hawk

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That is a surprise. Instead of artwork cards, this gets selected from Figure artwork? And Unknown again....!

Muur

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
AGUMON -YUKI's KIZUNA- is an interesting name choice

Sparrow Hawk

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
You think so....? And what's up with "'s" in that name?

YongYoKyo

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I would say writers and directors do have a say in the designs, even if they're not the ones who draw them. Like, we know from interviews that Omegamon Merciful Mode was designed because the story of tri. called for it
That is exactly what I mean. By design process, I meant the visual design (and subsequently the name). Of course, Watanabe wouldn't just randomly design a new Omegamon form for no reason.
Based on the earlier interview, all that was asked of Watanabe was to design a new Omegamon form for the movie. Nobody told him how to design it, or what to put in the design. Likewise, it's doubtful that the screenwriter asked Watanabe to specifically design a Digimon based on his horse's name.

Moreover, it doesn't seem like they just picked a random name (and give the screenwriter the opportunity for his input) after the design was finished, but rather the name Eosmon was intentional to begin with. The myths of Eos parallel with Eosmon's actions.
There are multiple myths of Eos kidnapping young men and granting them immortality, just like Eosmon kidnapping the young Digidestined and immortalizing them in data.

Heck, you know the anime Ixion Saga DT?
Yes, the anime named after Ixion, the Greek figure who fathered the first centaur and created the entire centaur race. It makes sense to name the characters after horses. His personal interests just happened to align with his work. How is Kizuna related to horses?

!!!!!???????????
Dude, if the horse was already born, it's more likely that the Digimon's name is referencing the horse. I only mentioned the 3 years ago part because I originally thought Yamatoya had named a new horse after the Digimon. To me, this was all just a bit of funny trivia, until I learned the guy has a thing for referencing race horses in his work.
You completely missed my implications. It's more likely that it was coincidental. Based on multiple precedents, it's already clear that the franchise has a preference to make Digimon (and Appmon) named after Greek and Roman gods and goddesses.
If I named my pet with a "XXXmon" name based on a Greek goddess, and they create a new Digimon with that exact same name within 3 years, does that mean it's named after my pet? Of course not.
While it's not too long, "3 years" is not a short period of time either. Perfectly reasonable amount of time for a Digimon with a likely-to-be-used name to be coincidentally created. Moreover, Akatsuki Yamatoya has worked with Digimon since the original Adventure, he had far more than 3 years to name a Digimon after a horse.

You think so....? And what's up with "'s" in that name?
It's just how Japanese work. Yuki no Kizuna can be translated as either Yuki's Kizuna (Courage's Bond) or Kizuna of Yuki (Bond of Courage).

Last edited:

Redstar45

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Agumon and Gabumon's new form is look like little bit a Duel Monsters from Yu-Gi-Oh! : The Dark Dimension movie to me .

Muur

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The cuteness of that Rookie picture my have just killed me, oh my days

nice to see they finally have all the Kizuna Digimon! I guess next up will be new guys in the reboot like that baby form or whatever it is (where are merciful mode and hudiemon tho!?)

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Redstar45

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
You've always been allowed to talk 'about' them, but if you want to talk about their role in the film, take it to the spoiler or movie discussion thread.
I see then thank for information!

Chimera-gui

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
You've always been allowed to talk 'about' them, but if you want to talk about their role in the film, take it to the spoiler or movie discussion thread.
I believe they're asking about the embargo on Eosmon and Morphomon that's been in place in the Evolutionary Relationships thread since we started getting these updates.

Muur

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I believe they're asking about the embargo on Eosmon and Morphomon that's been in place in the Evolutionary Relationships thread since we started getting these updates.
Eosmon was fine due to being in trailers, Morphomon was who was getting deleted.