Digimon Celebration This Saturday In Pittsburgh

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Some of you might have seen this mentioned elsewhere on the forum, but thought I'd mention it here since it's this weekend.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Digimon Celebration is a one day (unofficial) Digimon event being held at the Victory Pointe Gaming Lounge in Pittsburgh.

The event will begin at noon and end at midnight and has a $10 fee that gets you access to the arcade and cafe.

At the various events held on site you'll be able to earn 'digi-dollars' that will be traceable for various sites on prize (not that different from when you used to try and get those tickets from redemption games at arcades) with various Digimon related prizes including: trading cards, key chains, a WarGreymon D-Arts figure, among others.

Some of the various events will be held including tournaments for Rumble Arena 1, 2, and All-Star Rumble. They will also have costume, fan art, and trivia contests, and various raffles. Various other smaller events with V-Pets and the card games will be held (I believe they even have the old Digimon board game.)

Video screenings and discussion panels will also be held.

Victory Pointe will not only have their full menu available, but have some custom Digimon inspired items including Pepper Breath Burger, a Blue Blaster Milkshake, and others.

Victor from the Digimon Rewatch has put all this together for Digimon fans with hopefully other events to come at multiple locations, so if you are in the area, show up, have some fun, and support neat events like this.

Da_Duke2000

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I've also sent a bunch of prizes, including Digimon Blue Cards, Digivices, and some Tags and Crests for the patrons. Some as prizes, some as door-prizes. Another awesome reason to go!

Devkyu

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Bahh, I want to go so badly but it's literally on the opposite side of the state from me.

Noctus Noir

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I wish I had known a week earlier because I could have taken the train in (or would that be a trailmon?). Oh well. Maybe it'll come to Virginia (I'll settle for North Carolina, though. It's still viable)

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I wish I had known a week earlier because I could have taken the train in (or would that be a trailmon?). Oh well. Maybe it'll come to Virginia (I'll settle for North Carolina, though. It's still viable)
For future events more solid information should be posted earlier on WtW. This being the first one there was an issue with communication that has been ironed out (events always have growing pains, if the biggest growing pain here is the miscommunication then that's a good thing.)

Sabrblade

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I wonder how many would be traveling long distance to attend.

Noctus Noir

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
On my part, this is the first time I had ever heard of this group so most of the blame is on my part. I've been out of the digimon fandom for a while.

Victor

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hiya, all! Event organizer here! Just popping in to say hello and thank everyone for their support. As far as the whole "I didn't know about this thing" I actually reeled back on promoting it because word of mouth got a LOT more people interested in this than I expected. Victory Pointe's capacity is about 125, but even 75 people can make it feel crowded fast. Our promotion has taken place 95% online with social media. We did make a normal thread here when it was first announced, but it slowly got buried away. We didn't notify Marc directly because... Well I forgot :p

For those too far away or curious about who is traveling, we have a lot of interest and confirmed guests coming in from Ohio, Illinois, West Virginia, even New York. Some are even getting hotels. We will be conducting a survey and posting results in the following weeks. Originally the idea of the Digimon World Tour was to inspire groups to form and create their own similar events around the world, but with such an unexpected interest of people willing to travel for a 1 day event, we are considering focusing all our energy on Pittsburgh as our prime location for future full blown, multi-day conventions.

Thanks again everyone! I hope to see you all on Saturday or at future events!

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
We didn't notify Marc directly because... Well I forgot :p
Ironically I chose to be polite about it and not say that, but since you've said it...

Spongebond

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hiya, all! Event organizer here! Just popping in to say hello and thank everyone for their support. As far as the whole "I didn't know about this thing" I actually reeled back on promoting it because word of mouth got a LOT more people interested in this than I expected. Victory Pointe's capacity is about 125, but even 75 people can make it feel crowded fast. Our promotion has taken place 95% online with social media. We did make a normal thread here when it was first announced, but it slowly got buried away. We didn't notify Marc directly because... Well I forgot :p

For those too far away or curious about who is traveling, we have a lot of interest and confirmed guests coming in from Ohio, Illinois, West Virginia, even New York. Some are even getting hotels. We will be conducting a survey and posting results in the following weeks. Originally the idea of the Digimon World Tour was to inspire groups to form and create their own similar events around the world, but with such an unexpected interest of people willing to travel for a 1 day event, we are considering focusing all our energy on Pittsburgh as our prime location for future full blown, multi-day conventions.

Thanks again everyone! I hope to see you all on Saturday or at future events!
Will there be videos of the event posted? quite curious to see what it looks like!

Victor

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Will there be videos of the event posted? quite curious to see what it looks like!
I would love to record some, but lord knows how busy I'll be. But Mrs. is quite the vlogger so I might make that her job.

Zekkaina Solo

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This sounds like a neat event --especially with the Digimon tri films hopefully bringing more interest back to the series! Can't wait to see photos (and video?) soon. Best wishes for the event today. :)

Touya

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I was originally going to be traveling to this to take photos and do live coverage, but my transportation fell apart at the very last minute. Hope everything went well though.

Rexanimon

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It was well-organized and had a nice turnout. I had a really nice time, great to get together with other people who know and appreciate Digimon.

Victor

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Quite possibly the one of the greatest days of the life :D

Every single tournament had a full bracket of rumblers, the discussion panels and trivia contest were decently attended, and apparently the Digimon inspired food specials were crazy popular. Admittedly there were some things that could have gone differently, but we worked with what we had when it came to the venue, time, and resources. I was just as happy to see people playing games as I was to see people randomly sitting around and chatting. Unfortunately I didn't have time to take that many pictures or video, but what we have will be on the website shortly.

So thanks to everyone who came out, played games, watched some movies, ate some food, and cleaned the vendors out of their inventory.

And yeah.... We're gonna do it again.

Paruseruru mafubu

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Would have loved to attend, maybe in the future. My mother has family in Oil City, PA. Glad it was a success.