MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Card game stuff!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

We've only a bit away from a new Digimon Card Game beginning, and pre-orders are starting to go up at places, along with some accessories and the first booster set!

So there is a bunch of Digimon Card Game stuff to nab that'll be coming soon!

Prices listed are what HLJ lists, other stores will have them at other prices. Also, no images for now beyond what we've already had.

First up in April, the starter decks!:
Cocytus Blue, $4.09
Gaia Red, $4.09
Heavens Yellow, $4.09

Each is listed on the Digimon Card Game website as having 16 cards for 500 yen.

Amiami.jp has listings that give us a bit more info...
It looks like each deck is built from a pool of 53 cards and comes with 2 memory gauges (the energy counter for the game I take it.)

The layout for the 16 cards included with a deck is:
7 common
5 uncommon
3 rare
1 super rare

Then we have a stack of accessories:
Card Sleeves, Set A, $5.31
Card Sleeves, Set B, $5.31
Card Sleeves, Set C, $5.31
Card Sleeves, Set D, $5.31
Card Case, $4.91

No images yet, but 4 different sets of card sleeves and a case to protect the cards will be nice to have so quickly.

Info from Amiami.jp shows each sleeve set as coming with 60.

And last up for May is out first Booster Set!

Booster Set Version 1.0, New Evolution, $35.35

They list it as coming with 24 packs.

Thanks to new info from Amiami.jp, each pack contains 6 cards.

Nice selection of stuff for what is effectively day 1, plus the 1st booster a month later.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

And of course, the Version 0.0 promo pack is also coming before the card game release in April, but we are still waiting to find out where that will be made available.

Previous details about the card game can be found here, here, and here.

Update- Added some additional info thanks to listings from Amiami.jp.

Nightwing

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I probably shouldn’t speculate when there are so few details out, but “New Evolution”, huh? Just generic enough that could mean nothing beyond literally being a new booster pack coming with new cards, but given that this card game is supposedly tying closely with the new Adventure: anime...

It’d be really nice if any new Digimon we get at the start of the anime are already included in the DCG right at the start, is what I’m saying. Don’t want to raise my expectations for anything more than that when we know so little.

Sarabande__

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
What are the chances of English version cards being made?

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The circumstances are a little different now from what they've been before, but based on precedent I wouldn't expect an English version of the game. Digimon's never gotten a translation of a Japanese card game in the past. All the English card games have been completely unrelated except for Digi-Battle, which was a more of a Hyper Colosseum knockoff than a translation.

Paruseruru mafubu

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
A really bad knockoff that died very quickly. Amazing to me that it was based from a very successful card game in Japan. I think the problem came that the awful English Digi-Battle game was through Upper Deck which is good when it comes to sports but dropped the ball with a card game based on a Japanese property. I wish they had done what Pokémon or even Kanami did with Yu-Gi-Oh! here, we might have actually had a good English Digimon card game. Digimon has not been marketed here in the West very well in the past but like TMS said, if history is any indication I wouldn't expect anything much here.

Taso

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
By 16 cards per starter pack, does that mean 16 in total or just 16 different types of cards (with multiples of each)? If it's just 16 in total then I'm extremely worried..

Sarabande__

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The circumstances are a little different now from what they've been before, but based on precedent I wouldn't expect an English version of the game. Digimon's never gotten a translation of a Japanese card game in the past. All the English card games have been completely unrelated except for Digi-Battle, which was a more of a Hyper Colosseum knockoff than a translation.
Should have expected they wouldn't make an English version. We miss out on a lot but I'll prob still buy them just for my collection.

Lobomon96

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I don't expect a english release unfortunatly, but i will pre order right now the japan version. And since i'm buying even the Battle spirits version, i think that i need to buy even that, just to increase my digimon collection XD .
Also i'm really hyped for the next booster new evolution, maybe the will add new evolution line for agumon&co ??

Last edited:

Muur

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I probably shouldn’t speculate when there are so few details out, but “New Evolution”, huh? Just generic enough that could mean nothing beyond literally being a new booster pack coming with new cards, but given that this card game is supposedly tying closely with the new Adventure: anime...

It’d be really nice if any new Digimon we get at the start of the anime are already included in the DCG right at the start, is what I’m saying. Don’t want to raise my expectations for anything more than that when we know so little.
Thats an intesrring thought actually. Now I'm wondering if all the Digimon shown on the front cover thing will be in the anime. Liolmon etc

Sarabande__

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I don't expect a english release unfortunatly, but i will pre order right now the japan version. And since i'm buying even the Battle spirits version, i think that i need to buy even that, just to increase my digimon collection XD .
Also i'm really hyped for the next booster new evolution, maybe the will add new evolution line for agumon&co ??
I have all battle spirits digimon cards. I live in Australia each booster box i bought cost me over 200$ the battle spirits digimon collab have some of the greatest art work I have ever seen on a card that is why I bought them. Your making a good purchase by getting the battle spirits cards. Also why is everyone pre ordering like they are gonna sell out? They aren't gonna sell out.

Last edited:

Lobomon96

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
By 16 cards per starter pack, does that mean 16 in total or just 16 different types of cards (with multiples of each)? If it's just 16 in total then I'm extremely worried..
I have the feeling that they will have(unfortunately) only 16 cards for deck :( . Because the price is too low only 3,3 €...., in any case i brought 2 for each deck, because i'm accustomed to the yu gi oh/magic franchise and their starter deck sold at 12/15 € and the price of this new Digimon card game seems more affordable :D

Touya

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The Japanese on the official website says 16 kinds (16種) of cards, meaning the actual total will be different. It's the same wording Vanguard and other TCGs use in Japan to indicate how many unique names are in the decklist. (e.g. 16 kinds of cards in a 50-card deck.)

Regarding localization, right now it seems like the Digimon TCG is Bandai's Japanese market equivalent to their Chrono Clash system. (I may be mistaken on this, but I think none of the Chrono Clash games have a Japanese localization at present.) Even if we don't get the exact game Japan does, Bandai may be planning to adapt the Digimon cards out here purely as a subset of CC cards.

I'm thinking the first wave of sleeves will be the cover cards of the Starter Decks plus whoever the face card of booster 1 is.

Lobomon96

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The Japanese on the official website says 16 kinds (16種) of cards, meaning the actual total will be different. It's the same wording Vanguard and other TCGs use in Japan to indicate how many unique names are in the decklist. (e.g. 16 kinds of cards in a 50-card deck.)

Regarding localization, right now it seems like the Digimon TCG is Bandai's Japanese market equivalent to their Chrono Clash system. (I may be mistaken on this, but I think none of the Chrono Clash games have a Japanese localization at present.) Even if we don't get the exact game Japan does, Bandai may be planning to adapt the Digimon cards out here purely as a subset of CC cards.

I'm thinking the first wave of sleeves will be the cover cards of the Starter Decks plus whoever the face card of booster 1 is.
Touya thanks for let us know this information :D i really tought that 16 cards means that the deck will have only few cards. Also i really hope that Bandai will consider the possibility to sell the game even in the west

Kite_Moonwall

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm waiting to see how many card sleeves in a pack so I know how many to order for my MTG decks.

Also, if you're like me and want this in English, please speak about it where they can see! I'm replying to all their official tweet announcements begging them to bring it to the west!

Lobomon96

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm waiting to see how many card sleeves in a pack so I know how many to order for my MTG decks.

Also, if you're like me and want this in English, please speak about it where they can see! I'm replying to all their official tweet announcements begging them to bring it to the west!
Yeah we have to show them that even we of the west needs more digimon stuff in our life,I will start to reply at all post asking to bring them to us :D

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Updated the news with additional information on card contents and how many sleeves come with the sets.

Nagatem

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Preordered all three decks!, thanks!,
I’ll take chances on singles on ebay, seeing as how I’ve always been able to find digimon related cards

Nightwing

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I’m sure Bandai knows all about the overseas demand for Digimon, and they brought over the Dragon Ball Super TCG apparently(?), so I think it’s possible we get these cards somehow at least.

There’s also the fact that these cards are being promoted along the new Adventure: anime, which also got an English trailer and the official Digimon website is more accessible for English reading fans now too. For Toei, Digimon is a pretty nice money maker (not sure it’s quite on the level of their biggest franchises like DB or OP), so the general push to bring more Digimon anime and Digimon products to international markets could mean we get these cards.

Touya’s idea for Digimon Chrono Clash expansions do make sense in this context though, that’d be pretty interesting.

Nagatem

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So I preordered the decks and a box at hobbylink japan but it wouldn’t give me a shipping estimate or options for shipping
Do I need to wait till they are in stock or something? ( never bought from them)

XDragon

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So looks like hobby link is sold out. Anyone have experience with Japanyouwant?