MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
25thcardgamememorial01_july21_2022.jpg
25thcardgamememorial02_july21_2022.jpg

The Digimon Card Game Memorial Collection 25th Anniversary is a newly announced collection of parallel cards for the Digimon Card game.

25thcardgamememorial03_july21_2022.jpg
25thcardgamememorial04_july21_2022.jpg

The set features 12 new parallel cards in a bi-fold A4 size folder, with gold foil on the product logo.

The 12 cards features new art from 6 artists. All 12 pieces of art will be on display at the Digimon Museum.

The 12 Digimon features on the card is the lineup of Digimon from the original Ver.1 V-Pet (not including the baby level.)

25thcardgamememorial05_july21_2022.jpg
25thcardgamememorial06_july21_2022.jpg

Pre-orders for the Digimon Card Game Memorial Collection 25th Anniversary are open at Premium Bandai for 1,500 yen. Pre-orders close on August 13th and they ship in November.
デジモンカードゲーム メモリアルコレクション 25th Anniversary

It's a nice set of promo cards to celebrate the anniversary, and very fun that it's cards of the 25th anniversary art from the Museum exhibition... but I think people want prints.

A few extra bits...

Premium Bandai Japan is currently harder to access, so a bit extra for those who want to pre-order and not wait to see if there is an international release.

Some intermediaries will want not only want the urls of the items above, but may ask for the product name in Japanese as written on the page. Those names are given above, directly below the pre-order links.

If you want to be sure to nab something...

We've currently pared down the list of intermediaries we list due to some places closing and others becoming iffy in their communication, calling into question their reliability. If you have any stories, positive or negative, about any intermediaries, DM me with them so we can figure out who might be worth adding (or re-adding), since these aren't affiliate links or anything, simply suggested ways to make it easier for fans to nab stuff.

You'll want to contact an intermediary to get these items sent to you. WtW is not affiliated with any, but here are a selection of intermediaries that have worked well for various WtWers and their friends in the past:
From Japan
Rider Proxy

You'll want to provide your chosen intermediary with the link to the item. Just copy paste the link to the product pages for what you want and send them a message about it and they'll take care of it after they discuss pricing and their policies with you. The links embedded in the news article for the products are exactly what you'll need to send them.

Some of the intermediaries have a full storefront and may have the item listed, so you may want to check that first.

Attachments

• article.jpg
    article.jpg
    141 KB · Views: 12,445

Bancho

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm a sucker for version 1 digimon so I really want this collection. Do we usually get Memorial Collections in English? Because I'm not sure whether to hold out or not

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Funny that, for those cards, the only Adult Betamon can evolve into is one it couldn't become in the v-pet.

Bancho

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm just noticing the Megidramon cameo in Airdramon's art.

Because all of the artists kept visual consistency with the two pieces they contributed, there are some interesting visual pairings: Agumon + Numemon, Greymon + Mamemon, Meramon + Metal Greymon, Monzaemon + Seadramon, Airdramon + Betamon, and Tyrannomon + Devimon.

of course, these aren't intentional pairings and are just the same artists drawing them so they share a lot of visual elements, but if I had these cards physically I would compulsively want to match them up

Funny that, for those cards, the only Adult Betamon can evolve into is one it couldn't become in the v-pet.
I noticed this with Numemon who can evolve into both MetalGreymon and Mamemon but not into Monzaemon. That's the exact opposite of the v-pet!

Zekes_TCG

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm a sucker for version 1 digimon so I really want this collection. Do we usually get Memorial Collections in English? Because I'm not sure whether to hold out or not
I'm wondering the same! Getting anxious to order before the deadline but if it comes to Premium Bandai US that would be awesome.

Yamato-san

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Speaking of Betamon's evolution chains, anyone else find it odd how Koromon has gone on to be near-universally recognized as Agumon's BabyII (about the only exceptions being when he's slapped onto Pendulums meant for someone else), but Betamon's been getting changed up ever since the first Digimon World (where it evolved from Tanemon, and nowadays seems to be a Pukamon evo)? With the franchise going into anniversary mode, it might be nice if more media acknowledges it as the alternative Koromon evo, and thus one of the OG Child forms, yet here we have the card game not even getting its Adult forms right (and really, why? Just making Betamon a blue would've easily alligned it with both Seadramon and Airdramon).

And just while I'm talking about color group screw-ups, Monzaemon should've been black to go with Numemon, and blue MetalGreymon should've been purple and red, not black and red (purple would've allowed it to evolve from Devimon, but instead it gets Numemon).

I'm just noticing the Megidramon cameo in Airdramon's art.
Don't you mean Megadramon?

CloneWarrior

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
With the franchise going into anniversary mode, it might be nice if more media acknowledges it as the alternative Koromon evo, and thus one of the OG Child forms, yet here we have the card game not even getting its Adult forms right (and really, why? Just making Betamon a blue would've easily alligned it with both Seadramon and Airdramon).

And just while I'm talking about color group screw-ups, Monzaemon should've been black to go with Numemon, and blue MetalGreymon should've been purple and red, not black and red (purple would've allowed it to evolve from Devimon, but instead it gets Numemon).

They're parallel cards. They weren't designed to specifically be connected. And while there is a blue Betamon card they could have used, Monzaemon has never been anything but blue and MetalGreymon (Virus) has only been black and red.