Digimon Card Game English Version Announced for November and January, Begins with Combined Catch Up Boosters

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

The Digimon Card Game is getting an official English release.

Above is a trailer, and a website has been opened. Plus a Twitter and Facebook.

In addition, we have a number of details.

The English version is being designed around a North American release, with dub terms, and is also planned for distribution in Latin America, Europe, and Oceania.

The game will officially be out on January 2021, but there will be a special pre-sale at some retailers this November.

English versions of the 3 initial starter decks will be made available.

Update-Based on a promo image it appears each starter deck will include a booster pack.

This may simply be bad wording, as the tweet just mentions starter decks and booster packs going on sale at the same time, so it 'might' just be referring to a concurrent release.

The initial booster set will be 'Special Booster Set 1.0'

The card distribution for this set will be, out of 187 cards:
Common : 69 types
Uncommon : 50 types
Rare : 45 types
Super Rare : 20 types
Secret Rare : 3 types

It will contain cards from Japanese Boosters 1, 2, and 3.

A later 'Booster 1.5' will contain the rest of the cards from Boosters 1, 2, and 3, basically allowing the English version to get a jump in catching up to the Japanese release.

Booster boxes will contain 24 packs.
Each pack will contain 12 cards for 3.99.

Update- A look at the booster box, featuring artwork from multiple sets.

News of some sort of 'special campaign' will be announced next week.

And last up, the tutorial app will be made available in English soon.

Attachments

Last edited:

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I guess they'll probably just use the same localisations as on the Asian website. (Actually I guess not, the Asian site uses Taichi Yagami whilst the trailer uses Tai Kamiya)

I wonder if they'll look to launch a dub of the reboot around the same time the cards come out in January 2021?

Either way, this is good news and hopefully they don't drop a localised version after only a few sets.

Last edited:

Hagaren Gao

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
A little funny that they're using the dub terms and yet the starter deck names are based off the Japanese attacks, ha. It's not contradictory, but it's also interesting they're going with dub names when the official subs have been using the original names unlike every other official Digimon translation. Wonder if there might be a dub sooner than later.

DigiKing Tamer

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Let us all praise King Drasil for blessing us with this divine gift!! 🙌

The Krookodile Hunter

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I, quite frankly, am super excited! I'm definitely looking forward to this!

SparkGold

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
YES! This is honestly one of the most hype news to me personally that could have been posted here! Promo cards as soon as two months and an official release on January are both a lot closer dates than I would have expected so I'm super excited for this! Also, I was so excited I didn't read until I scrolled up just now that the packs will have cards from all three first sets to catch us up, I'm a really big fan of that

Last edited:

raharaha

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So this is why they put english on their card game websites. Make sense

PCmon

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Oh man, if they're going to release the newest Digimon card game with it's Adventure: connection, I'd say a dub of the show is all but inevitable at this point.

I mean, shoot, we haven't had an English card game since, what, Frontier back in 2002? I thought the cards were typically poor sellers in America. This is a pretty big deal.

Deep Saver

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
YESSSSS! I can't believe they actually did it! Hopefully this means the DCG is doing well in Japan if they are willing to take a bet on an English release. I'm going to try hard to support this so it keeps going for a long while.

Amandil7

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm so happy about this!!!!

Rohan

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Ye boi!

So excited and full of nostalgia since I had the old TCG back in the day.

jetman91

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This is exciting! I always liked the original cards and it was a shame they never really took of like Pokemon or Yu-Gi-Oh! I've been getting tired of Yu-Gi-Oh! honestly. It's become way too convoluted. Yay new Digimon card game!

e105zeta

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I hope they don't fuck with the rules this time. The English release of Hyper Colosseum was basically unplayable.

Bartz

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Glad to hear it's coming over. It's been a while since we've had the TCG over here (XW's) so I'm happy to see it return.

Hub_731

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I hope they don't fuck with the rules this time. The English release of Hyper Colosseum was basically unplayable.
They can’t change that much tbh, the cards on the front of the starter are identical so it would have to stay functionally identical or very very similar. I am just pumped it is coming here...will have to put aside some bucks to buy into this.

DazzleDream

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Alright yes! I didn't expect this at all! I'm really looking forward to the release!

Deep Saver

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think Bandai has learned their lesson by now. They handled the current Dragon Ball Super Card Game well from what I've heard. I hope we can receive similar treatment.

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I don't think Bandai ever will learn. Remember 3D cards after 3rd+ series of this Hyper Colosseum? And next terrible 3D cards of D-Tector? And uuh I forgot what are other card sets existed before. But I sure hope they won't ruin this by turning into 3D repeatedly.

I do feel so happy about this english version but at same time, I felt fear for some reasons....

Loke

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
If there's any kind of competitive scene locally, I'd love to pick this up. I was burned horribly by Star Wars Destiny.