Digimon Card Game- Clean Images of Booster Set 6 Double Diamond Cards, 1st Anniversary Adventure Pack, & More

Amandil7

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wow! So much amazing art to stare at.

Loving Boogiemon > Phelesmon > Murmukusmon

Tarama

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Shoutmon to MagnaKidmon is pretty good line. MagnaKidmon is a dragon man himself.

It would be great if we have Barbamon in this booster to get Boogiemon - Phelesmon - Barbamon line. But, Murmukusmon fits as well.

Rohan

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Man, Alphamon suffers from not having his Dorumon-line. Without that the only other X-Antibody is Omegamon X.

Realistically, the best option for him at the moment would be alongside Craniummon and Gankoomon in a Black Royal Knights Deck. :unsure:

Tarama

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I have a feeling BT7 will have Dorumon and Ryudamon. This Alphamon card is the right card to say hello.

Sparrow Hawk

How deep the rabbit-hole goes
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Phelesmon - Murmukusmon. Huh I didn't bother to look it up but interesting.

Yeah but we still haven't any Frontier Tamers yet. Still feeling they will put more Adventure 2020 tamers... I know that FEELINGS. They better complete ReDigitize Tamers along with V-Tamer for "Villain" side.

Mynor

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
so what's up with the name "Double Diamond"? Is that supposed to just be referencing Alphamon vs. Omnimon X? This set kind of feels like "filler" but in a good way, as in very few complete evolutionary families but instead a bunch of standalone digimon. I really don't think Tinkermon and Mimicmon were included with eachother in mind, for example

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
so what's up with the name "Double Diamond"? Is that supposed to just be referencing Alphamon vs. Omnimon X? This set kind of feels like "filler" but in a good way, as in very few complete evolutionary families but instead a bunch of standalone digimon. I really don't think Tinkermon and Mimicmon were included with eachother in mind, for example

Things like duos I guess? so Agumon and Gabumon, Blanc and Noir, Ginakkumon and Kinkakumon.

Sparrow Hawk

Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
We didn't get KaiserGreymon / MagnaGarurumon, Dianamon / Apollomon and others... Along with Susanoomon.

Next Adventure for next booster. That title is very... So vague. And huge implies.

Mattman324

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Without that the only other X-Antibody is Omegamon X.

Clavisangemon.

I feel like there were a few other natural carriers as well, but I can't think of any off the top of my head besides Clavisangemon as the topper of the Shakkoumon line a few sets back.

Rohan

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Clavisangemon.
I meant solely in the context of the TCG. ClavisAngemon's card does not have the "X-Antibody" Trait so Alphamon's effect should not activate theoretically since both Omegamon X and Alphamon's do have X-Antibody listed. :unsure:

Mattman324

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I meant solely in the context of the TCG. ClavisAngemon's card does not have the "X-Antibody" Trait so Alphamon's effect should not activate theoretically since both Omegamon X and Alphamon's do have X-Antibody listed. :unsure:

Oh, I didn't realize. You'd be right about that.

But if Alphamon's effect specifically calls that out, and one of the big Secret Rares of the last set was pre-seeded support, it's pretty likely that we'll get more of them soon. Maybe Set 8 or something will be X focused - there is, apparently, a very large contingent of the old Digimon fanbase in Japan that absolutely loves the X-Evolution movie, after all, so it would make sense.

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yay Dagomon! The stars came right at last.

I think at this point trying to include every Digimon in a set as part of an evolution line is kind of pointless. Some lines are implied, but other Digimon just stand alone in the set, the Digimon in their “intended” lines having already been released.

“Double Diamond” refers to the Bond forms, by the way.

Notus

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The card game being willing to reuse obscure Digimon is really cool. I like how Megadramon and Gigadramon are mechanically the same card, only with different physical colors (and art).

Alphamon makes me wonder if both his lines will be Black. But they can always make a clause in Dorugremon's cards to allow him to evolve to Alphamon in case he's a different color. If next set has a Dorumon line to tie into this Alphamon, I wonder if they'll use Dorugamon or Reptiledramon.
I think there's a good chance we will only see a full set or main theme of X-Antibody in BT-10, for the obvious pun. Until then I expect very little.

Mattman324

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yay Dagomon! The stars came right at last.

I think at this point trying to include every Digimon in a set as part of an evolution line is kind of pointless. Some lines are implied, but other Digimon just stand alone in the set, the Digimon in their “intended” lines having already been released.

Sure, but there's definitely some weird choices that when you look at the set as a cohesive whole suddenly end up looking like a full designed line - that Pillomon --> Troopmon --> Jokermon --> Tactimon one last set, for instance. That's why I try to bring things together each set, while I don't doubt I'm overthinking some of the lines there's some that definitely feel like they were intended.

Sparrow Hawk

Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

I know it got mentioned often but the way they put duo pairs of Flamon/Strabimon, Sistermons, Hackmon/Gankoomon, Oni siblings of Kakumon, etc made me think this way and hoped Paildramon/Dinobeemon getting another new cards, Susanoomon + KaiserGreymon/MagnaGarurumon, Dianamon/Apollomon, Mastemon, etc.

In the end, every new Booster series are simply completely unpredictable with random patterns. Try predict on this "Next Adventure"? Nope, not going to. Gave up thinking. They don't include fully but just put some and some in this and there.

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
"Mattman324, post: 396461, member:
Sure, but there's definitely some weird choices that when you look at the set as a cohesive whole suddenly end up looking like a full designed line - that Pillomon --> Troopmon --> Jokermon --> Tactimon one last set, for instance. That's why I try to bring things together each set, while I don't doubt I'm overthinking some of the lines there's some that definitely feel like they were intended.

That example seems kind of random to me. Jokermon and Tactimonhave the same type, but for the most part it’s a hodgepodge of dark Digimon with Pillomon thrown in. It’s fun to pick out possible lines, of course, but I don’t think Bandai necessarily means anything by them. For this set you’ve posited, among other things, an evolutionary connection between Strabimon and Majiramon, who have nothing in common besides (arguably) the light element. I think it’s much more likely they just don’t tie into any lines.

Mattman324

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Jokermon and Tactimonhave the same type, but for the most part it’s a hodgepodge of dark Digimon

Jokermon and Tactimon have the same type, Tactimon from the Xros Wars Manga straight up admitted that it evolved from a Troopmon, and Pillomon and Jokermon come from the same source and are connected by that.

It being a hodgepodge is true, but that's most Digimon lines. What matters there are the connections - and every member of that line is connected to another member, which ties them all together. The weakest connection is, itself, the one that points to it being a thing, because Pillomon on its own has quite literally no reason to be in Purple... unless, of course, it has the reason of having been strapped into a line.

For this set you’ve posited, among other things, an evolutionary connection between Strabimon and Majiramon, who have nothing in common besides (arguably) the light element.

That is definitely the one I would consider the shakiest of the bunch. It's more likely that Strabimon is on its own and then it's just Majiramon and Qinglongmon.

They are both very heavy Light Element though.

Youkomon

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That is Megadranon, not Gigadramon. Gigadramon is the gray and purple one.

...that's clearly Gigadramon.
For some reason, this site was loading very poorly… And sorry, that was my bad. I was looking around and I couldn't find him LOL and I saw a card list and I didn't see his name all I saw was Megadramon. Lack of sleep will do that to you.

Starrynight

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Saw a few characters from Frontiers, really hoping to see Susanoomon card as Secret rare parallel !! 🙏