Digimon at Anime Expo 2016

Tsurugi

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
-_-" *sigh*
If only this was shown at anime expo last year, I would've been able to see it.
oh well, can't change what you can't control. Still, I hope they release the trailer proper online soon

Shikou

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
"Digimon Digi-Digi-Digimon"
"It's time xxxx to save the earth, Digi destined and (their?) Digimon, Monsters from the Digital World the ultimate champions"
Glad I didn't click that link. I'd probably be bleeding from my ears.
It doesn't sound that bad honestly. I like the last 20 seconds with actual lyrics. Most likely the song itself isn't even finished because there is just 1 full minute of "Digimon Digi-Digi-Digimon".

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Doesn't really mean it's not finished, though. The old dub theme consisted almost entirely of one sentence (half of which was "Digimon") repeated over and over again.

wildwing64

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I love the old theme for nostalgia reasons, but this version... well. It's trying too hard to be like the original without actually being the original. Either that or it's trying to appeal to a nostalgic audience with a vaguely nostalgic Digirap-esque tune and get us interested, even though most of us already know what it is and have known about Tri for nearly two years.

...Then again, I say that, but I have shown Tri to some friends and they wondered why the old theme we grew up with wasn't there, and I had to explain that some of the character names were different too. Maybe this is little more than a marketing effort. Otherwise I hope it doesn't go anywhere near the film itself. If it does, it better be implemented well. Or at least give us options.

Tsurugi

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The photo of Sora & Colleen looks awesome :D
And as for that misprint... I wonder if each letter in the English Tri logo is a bunch of different layers on a PSD document. Maybe that'd explain the weird misprint

Last edited:

Tetra Seleno

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The hardest part about watching the trailer (audio quality aside) is just knowing that it's nearly a shot-for-shot rehash of one of the Reunion PVs... but without Butterfly.

Still, I would be lying if there wasn't any nostalgia for hearing the updated English theme.

CloneWarrior

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The hardest part about watching the trailer (audio quality aside) is just knowing that it's nearly a shot-for-shot rehash of one of the Reunion PVs... but without Butterfly.
It's literally the exact same video but with different music. Not sure why you'd call that "nearly a shot-for-shot rehash."

Tetra Seleno

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It's literally the exact same video but with different music. Not sure why you'd call that "nearly a shot-for-shot rehash."
You know, I thought as much, but I didn't get to watch the video until the end, so I didn't want to assume. Point taken though.