Digimon Anniversary Teaser

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Digimon Web has put up a Digimoji teaser for tomorrow, June 26th (it's June 25th in Japan right now.)

June 26th, 1997 was when the original Digimon V-Pet was released, so it'll be 23 years old.

The Digimoji translated to English (roughly) reads:
First Digital Monster
What will happen on the anniversary of the release?

Not long to wait to find out...

Thanks to Devkyu for the Digimoji help.

Attachments

Sarabande__

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Please be survive please. What does everyone think it will be?

Muur

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hoping we can get some Survive news. Heck maybe we can get some news about everything, Colon, cards, vpets, survive, rearise etc.

Sarabande__

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hoping we can get some Survive news. Heck maybe we can get some news about everything, Colon, cards, vpets, survive, rearise etc.
Bro all I want is a release date for survive. Nothing else bothers me really.

DigiDestiny

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
IIRC that's also the day that the new digivice goes up for preorder, so I'm assuming it's gonna just an info dump in that. I'm thinking there might be one or two new Digimon on it that will appear in the show. They MIGHT reveal one of the hidden slots on the pendulum z, but I wouldn't be surprised if they don't. If they give any other information I don't think it'll be anything noteworthy, like a couple new cards from the next set or something along those lines. As much as I'd LOVE for some survive news, at this point I feel like it's just wishful thinking. It seems to be kind of on the back burner for the time being so I think it'll be a little while til we hear anything survive related.

Dharakjoo

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wait until you see once the teaser has been released.

Sarabande__

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
IIRC that's also the day that the new digivice goes up for preorder, so I'm assuming it's gonna just an info dump in that. I'm thinking there might be one or two new Digimon on it that will appear in the show. They MIGHT reveal one of the hidden slots on the pendulum z, but I wouldn't be surprised if they don't. If they give any other information I don't think it'll be anything noteworthy, like a couple new cards from the next set or something along those lines. As much as I'd LOVE for some survive news, at this point I feel like it's just wishful thinking. It seems to be kind of on the back burner for the time being so I think it'll be a little while til we hear anything survive related.
Are you talking about the new v pet wave 3? That's already gone on preorder in Australia so I wouldn't think they will be announcing anything more about them. That's if your talking about the wave 3.

GoldenEXP

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Oooooooh
this looks interestin
rlly soon too, hope its good stuff

SleepingSigma

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Are you talking about the new v pet wave 3? That's already gone on preorder in Australia so I wouldn't think they will be announcing anything more about them. That's if your talking about the wave 3.
They mean the reboot anime digivice.

I want survive news, but won't get my hopes up.

Muur

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeah it's probably just going to be some arts of Agumon and gabumon dancing to celebrate 23 years, some pen z ??? Reveals and a few cards.

Maybe they'll announce another anniversary legend arm.

Sarabande__

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
They mean the reboot anime digivice.

I want survive news, but won't get my hopes up.
I was excited before but now I'm bringing myself to accept that there won't be survive news so I don't get dissapointed lol.

e105zeta

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeah it's probably just going to be some arts of Agumon and gabumon dancing to celebrate 23 years, some pen z ??? Reveals and a few cards.

Maybe they'll announce another anniversary legend arm.
A bow or magic wand legend arm would be super fun.

Nightwing

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I honestly can’t tell how people see “23rd anniversary of the Digital Monster” and go “finally, Survive news.”

It’s almost for sure going to be about something V-pet related lol.

Osuka

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Digimon Unite here we go

G-SANtos

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It seems weird for them to celebrate the 23rd anniversary rather than any of the multiples of 5. Are they going full supernatural-theme with something referencing the 23 enigma.

If it's something about the Adventure: Digivice:, maybe they're going to reveal a 9th Chosen's Digimon? I know it sounds early for that, but going from the original pre-COVID schedule we should be getting the 13th episode this week, not the 4th. The Digivice: was made to follow the old schedule, so it's likely if there's plans for a new face in the show, it's programmed there. Unless Adventure: introduces some sort of upgraded Digivice.

Digimon Unite here we go
We don't need a Diablo Immortal moment on this franchise. Though I guess a few hours is not enough time to build the amount of hype that would result in a backlash from a "lame" announcement.

Rohan

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Digimon Unite here we go
Ayy, I was wondering if anyone was going to reference that disaster. ;)

Anyways, after being burned by the aforementioned event, I'm keeping my expectations real low. No Survive, no V-Pets, hell I'd be surprised if it's anything more then some anniversary art or something. :/

Quinlan58

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Imagine if it were the full line-up of the Digivice : and we saw a Meicoomon, a Wormmon or even a Monodramon in it. Or, better yet, one of the Pendulum Z rookies.

EDIT: Just read this on facebook: what if it's an storyline for the Pendulum Z like Chronicle X? It would fit with being an anniversary for the Digital Monster pet (rather than being anime-related like the digivices are), and they already made a framework for such an story in the "reports".

Last edited:

Tortoiseshel

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The fact that it specifically name drops Digital Monster makes me think it must be something related to V-pets rather than Adventure or Survive or anything like that, but I can't imagine what. Like, why now? 23 years isn't really a notable milestone as far as I'm aware.

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Huh Anniversary already?

Possibilities:

New Digimon(s)
New game(s) of console or app
News of Survive
Next new waves of Pendulum Z
Extended to something newer information to connect with(?)
New figures/model kits to release
More new cards of Digimon Card Game 2020

All I can think up of...