Digimon Anime Start Guide- Ghost Game Introduction Preview Magazine

Thatguy3331

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm bit by bit gaining hope that Hiro won't be a super kid protagonist, fingers crossed. Also Gammamon calling himself Hiro's little brother.... Mmmm.

Also wow this is by far the most modern looking digivice yet... which thinking on it sounds dumb, Each one was a riff on something that was meant to be relatively "modern" during time in some way or another. Gamma's Champion/adult(?) form kinda gives me freddy krueger vibes from the silhouette which is... interesting for a protagonist digimon but we'll see how that ultimately pans out. I am trying really hard to keep my expectations low to curb any potential disappointment but a lot of this looks pretty cool for a set up.

Geode

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I just hope Gammamon’s champion is big like maybe around Flamedramon or Exveemon size.

HeavyLeomon

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I can't belive people are already complaining that a digimon is overdesigned, even tho we literally only have the silhouette.

This forum is really funny sometimes lol
I cant believe people are already complaining about other people opinions, etc.

Yep, gammamon evolution looks so overdesigned, also, its so funny how much people was complaining about how main digimon got humanized in their ultimate lvls and here we have gammamon who is already humanoid in adult stage lmao.

AppliFang

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Did anyone else look at the other animes that are gonna be airing as well? Theres a similar one with a girl seeing "scary" stuff and also tries to stop them airing on the same day. Some competition haha

Mummymon is a perfect right? I dont think they will have our heroes battle it until our heroes all reach adult first?

Hydranoid413

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Did anyone else look at the other animes that are gonna be airing as well? Theres a similar one with a girl seeing "scary" stuff and also tries to stop them airing on the same day. Some competition haha

Mummymon is a perfect right? I dont think they will have our heroes battle it until our heroes all reach adult first?
Pumpkinmon’s also Perfect level

Do we know how many episodes it’s going to be?

Tarama

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
With Adventure: resurrected many old/unused digimon, I hope Zombiemon can finally have its debut here in Ghost Game as Mummymon's Adult form or as separate digimon.

SuperStarlite

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Pumpkinmon is also ultimate. So yeah I thought that too, it'd make sense. They take time to mention Mummymon in the premise, so maybe he's like a recurring antagonist for the first part.

Chimera-gui

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Is it just me or does Gammamon's evo have....bird feet?
Not just that but it seems to be a digitigrade based on what little of the legs we do see clearly each consist of a raised arch and heel likely having tarsometatarsus bones like an actual bird.

Tetsuya Suoh

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I wonder what function the DiM card is going to serve in the anime. Maybe it'll be similar to Digi-Memories from Xros Wars and allow the characters summon Digimon for assistance.

Lord Bearmon

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
No, I can already tell this thing is super overdesigned and spiky.
The "spikes" are literally just his torn cape.

Ricardolindo

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
As this year, Halloween is on a Sunday and the series has a horror theme, do you expect a Halloween themed episode?

IndustrialPanic

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I can't belive people are already complaining that a digimon is overdesigned, even tho we literally only have the silhouette.

This forum is really funny sometimes lol
I cant believe people are already complaining about other people opinions, etc.

Yep, gammamon evolution looks so overdesigned, also, its so funny how much people was complaining about how main digimon got humanized in their ultimate lvls and here we have gammamon who is already humanoid in adult stage lmao.
Yeah I'm, so what? Isn't that what 90% of discussion boils down to at the end of the day?

Besides, my point still stands, we literally only have a silhouette and no one can make an informed opinion off that alone, no matter how hard you insist you can "already tell" how much overdesigned you think it looks, because at the end of the day this has become a Rorschach test and people are gonna see what they want to see. This could just as easily end up looking like just a taller Gammamon, but with a cape now for exemple. If anything (imaginary spikes aside) this is what the silhouette most easily reads as if you haven't already decided is gonna be Devimon 2.0 for no reason.

Edit: to illustrate my point about the Rorschach test thing

why_by_industrialpanic_derieot-pre.jpg

Last edited:

AppliFang

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Pumpkinmon is also ultimate. So yeah I thought that too, it'd make sense. They take time to mention Mummymon in the premise, so maybe he's like a recurring antagonist for the first part.
lol If they take part from Gegege
Maybe Mummy and Pumpkin will become allies xD

HeavyLeomon

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Bird arms and feets, ceratopsid head possibly bat wings, that strange devil lookint tail. I can see now why chimeramon is in his dim.
Do you know any "cryptid" or mythic creature similar to a chimera but with reptilian/bat/bird characteristics? Im thinking in a wyvern, but im searching something more chimeric.

Also i would like to point that the shilouette also reminds me to Seiryuu no Kibachiyo, curious since he comes from a series that is the digimon unpopular brother.

GoggleBoy97

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Dracumon couldn't not be in this series and I am here for it.

Sparrow Hawk

How deep the rabbit-hole goes
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
If it really turns out all Ghost Game parnter evo lines are Cryptid related. Then my wish for Mothman has finally came...!

I seriously had so many thoughts on this evo.

1# if it turns out all Ghost Game partner evo lines are Crytpid related then Gammamon = reptile/UFO/Flatwood Monster/dino crytpids. Jellymon = water cryptid/UFO/Flatwood Monster/Lovecraft
lastly Angoramon = Jackalpe/Bigfoot/mystery humanoid

2#. Horror youkai evos

3# mini mash name orgins/appearances like Sleipmon for example

4# Only appearances related to horror folklore/youkai while having normal Name origns....

5# Unpredictable yet no meanings to relate with evo lines like Tailmon's evolution style

Honestly I wonder why they reveal Bond forms so early yet they hold their evos back?! Tch. So hard to read like that.

Nagatem

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
If only arukenimon and mummymon could appear as a team again in their human modes, loved them so much

HeavyLeomon

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I totally want arukenimon as a villain and she evolving into an ultimate arukenimon.

Would love a brideboltmon.

JungleTrooper

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeah, I hope the Anime takes the chance to update a few digivolution lines, like some Adventure episodes did.

But a focus on older Digimon isn't unwarranted, either. I hope they do a better job compared to Xros Wars. So, more on the lines of Savers and Adventure:.