Digimon Anime Start Guide- Ghost Game Introduction Preview Magazine

Eitaroutarouman

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Is there any particular reason Clockmon got a slight redesign? The humanoid body is a lot more...toned than usual. The stock art isn't the same one from Tamers, either.

YongYoKyo

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Is there any particular reason Clockmon got a slight redesign? The humanoid body is a lot more...toned than usual. The stock art isn't the same one from Tamers, either.
The actual design itself is still the same. It's just that the proportions are more "human". They probably wanted to make him more like a sinister man than a cartoonish dwarf.

SketchyVaughn

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well remember, digimon in here are supposed to be more threatening and scary here. So they probably designed Clockmon like this to look as imposing as such

Shiningmon

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Its design has just had a touch up to bring it towards the "horror" side of the series.
Oh yeah, we can't even really see the design and it's clearly over-designed.
Is that sarcasm ?

No, I can already tell this thing is super overdesigned and spiky.
Ok, just the problem with this kind of forum is that you can't tell when someone is sarcastic ... On reading your sentence seemed sarcastic, but you confirm that it didn't not. (And we agree, we do not yet have the visual of the body but there is already a lot of detail for a simple Adult Level hence my confusion on whether it was a Perfect or an Adult and as not used to the Japanese alphabet, I fell for the design ^^)

Eitaroutarouman

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well remember, digimon in here are supposed to be more threatening and scary here. So they probably designed Clockmon like this to look as imposing as such
I guess they're treating Clockmon as "special" since it'll be the first opponent. The other Digimon might look as they usually do since they don't have new art.

IndustrialPanic

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I can't belive people are already complaining that a digimon is overdesigned, even tho we literally only have the silhouette.

This forum is really funny sometimes lol

Bancho

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Gammamon evo's silhouette looks like Fumikage Tokoyami from My Hero Academia.

I'm starting to wonder if the angry background dude in the Ghost Game poster is actually Gammamon's evolution

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Updated translations.

IndustrialPanic

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I guess they're treating Clockmon as "special" since it'll be the first opponent. The other Digimon might look as they usually do since they don't have new art.
They're just using preexisting stock art from previous seasons, doesn't they mean they won't get "redesigns", V-Jump might just not have access to them yet or just not want to spoil it.

Tarama

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Woah. Please be crow. Or crow mix dino, or pteranodon or something like that.
I was hoping for something more beastial like Monochromon/Greymon but it doesn't take that route. Or, maybe there are more Adult forms.

Sparrow Hawk

How deep the rabbit-hole goes
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
What? I totally didn't expect Gammamon's Adult form that is humanoid with bird legs! It caught me off! It is sorta like bird version of Jesmon...

Eitaroutarouman

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Aw, we're doing an ep 1 evo. I kinda prefer when they wait an ep or two. Too bad that rarely happens.

Mattman324

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Digimon looking slightly different across adaptations is normal, literally just remember how Raremon's been treated over the ages as it's been animated like three times and literally never looks quite like it's supposed to, and always in different ways.

Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I actually like Kiyoshiro's discription alot. I don't know if this has been discussed before, but I find it quite hilarious.

Kiyoshiro Higashimitarai: "An unfortunate hottie." While he longs for strength, he is devastatingly cowardly, which is why his right hand is wrapped in bandages as a symbol of two extremes - one where he pretends to be a martial artist who does it "so as not to hurt his fist" and the other where he makes the excuse that "by injuring it, he can't give it his all." He might just be suffering from eight-grade syndrome though (lol).

As someone who used to have Eight-Grader syndrome, I'm excited to see where Kiyoshiro's growth goes. I also like the bit about the duality of the bandages. I want to see him attempt to fight a Digimon before he gets Jellymon Masuru style.

The closing comment also gives me hope;
Closing comment: All of the characters have latent potential, with the dual nature of who they are now and who they want to be. I look forward to seeing how, through their encounter with Digimon, they close that gap and grow.

It seems that a theme for character development this season is realising who you want to be in the future. I like this, as it goes back to Digimon's roots of the theme of "growing up" I really hope they execute this well. I'd be really happy if they recycled the "Potential closing theme" from Last Evolution as it seems like it fits here.

Muur

How deep the rabbit-hole goes
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I actually like Kiyoshiro's discription alot. I don't know if this has been discussed before, but I find it quite hilarious.

Kiyoshiro Higashimitarai: "An unfortunate hottie." While he longs for strength, he is devastatingly cowardly, which is why his right hand is wrapped in bandages as a symbol of two extremes - one where he pretends to be a martial artist who does it "so as not to hurt his fist" and the other where he makes the excuse that "by injuring it, he can't give it his all."

That's like the most perfect bullshitting of all time

SleepingSigma

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I hope that the kids get to wear the poster clothes at some point in the series. I'm not really a fan of the final designs, especially after seeing the comparison shot of what they would have looked like in series.

Tarama

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Father's missing, partner calling the tamer his Big Brother, no goggles, no Ta in his name. I'd guess Masaru... I mean Hiro, Hiro's father has some connection with the Villainmon.

And let's hope that guess will turn out wrong.

e105zeta

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Father's missing, partner calling the tamer his Big Brother, no goggles, no Ta in his name. I'd guess Masaru... I mean Hiro, Hiro's father has some connection with the Villainmon.

And let's hope that guess will turn out wrong.
He might be the opposite personality wise, though. It seems his curiosity and empathy are his main traits. Not raw manliness.

He actually kind of seems like he’s written as Kitaro’s latter depictions (which his creator ironically hated because he thought it made for a boring character)