Digimon Anime Start Guide- Ghost Game Introduction Preview Magazine

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
ghostgameguide01_september22_2021.jpg

With Ghost Game starting soon, the staff of V-Jump has produced another Digimon guide, this time with Ghost Game as the main feature.

To get a PDF of the start guide, follow Digimon Web and RT this tweet. They will also be giving away 100 Amazon JP gift certificates per day.

Minimal translations for now, we will try and update as time allows. Update- Thanks to onkei a lot below has been updated.

ghostgameguide02_september22_2021.jpg

Explanation that a new Digimon anime is starting. Goes over various plot details, explains how Digimon can evolve, etc. It shows off various Digimon that will appear.

ghostgameguide03_september22_2021.jpg

Character art and profile details for the main characters.

ghostgameguide04_september22_2021.jpg

A sneak peek of episode 1! The monster from the urban legend "stitched mouth man"?!

Here is the summary of episode 1: A bit ahead in the future... The rumor of the "stitched mouth man" spreads throughout Hiro's school. Hiro sneaks into the school's lecture hall where it is rumored it appears, but the friend who comes with him is attacked by the stitched mouth man.
Key Digimon - Clockmon. A mysterious masked being who rides a large clock. He holds a long mallet in both hands.

Appearing before Hiro is a mysterious monster who calls himself Hiro's "younger brother"!!

Key Digimon - Gammamon. A Digimon sent to Hiro by his father Hokuto, who has gone MIA. He makes his appearances after Hiro uses a Dim card. Upon meeting Hiro, Gammamon bites his arm and shows a naughty personality.

Hiro's father had mysteriously vanished on the day Hiro entered junior high school. On the night that his friend is attacked by the stitched mouth man, Hiro touches the mysterious device that his father had left him and something strange occurs?!

ghostgameguide05_september22_2021.jpg

5 key words that will help you understand "Ghost Game" better!!

(1) Digivice - The mysterious device that Hiro's father Hokuto left him. By wearing it, one is able to see Digimon that aren't usually visible by the naked eye.
It has an LCD screen, a monitor where various images can be displayed. It also reacts to the emotions of its wearer...?!

(2) Dim card - An item used by inserting into the Digivice. This was also sent to Hiro by his father. It has various uses, such as showing video.

(3) Hologram Ghost - Bizarre phenomena of dubious background, in a world where new hologram technology has progressed, are called "hologram ghosts." They are of various rumors, such as one who steals human's time, or kidnaps humans during the night. While they are mysterious phenomena that are not understood by the average person, they are all actually incidents that are caused by Digimon!

(4) Digimon evolution - By "evolving," Digimon change their appearance greatly and power up! There are levels like Baby, Child, Adult, Perfect, etc... becoming a Perfect level increases their strength.
What sort of Digimon would an evolved Gammamon be?!

(5) Japan in the near future - Japan in a world where hologram and other technology has advanced is the setting of the story. Finding technology here and there that have developed would be another way of enjoying the show!!
Hologram technology has permeated through the country! Technology where images look 3-dimensional are "holograms." It's used not only for billboards and traffic lights, but also for some consumer electronics.

ghostgameguide06_september22_2021.jpg

Tenya Yabuno works.
It mentions how he worked on C'mon Digimon, the first Digimon manga.

1- Ghost Game poster

2- V-Tamer

3- Tenya Yabuno's comments on his Ghost Game character designs.
Hiro Amanokawa: Due to his upbringing, while he is energetic and caring of others, he tends to suppress his childlike side. In that sense, I based his hairstyle on the basic spiky hairstyle that you see in shonen manga, except with the ends cut off. He comes off looking quite calm and composed in the final design.
Ruri Tsukiyono: While she is an outgoing girl who is dexterous and can pretty much do anything, she actually has trouble finding things that she deems are suitable for her, and so has a sense of ennui about that. This is why I designed her like this with the hope that she would, at unexpected times, give off a mature atmosphere.
Kiyoshiro Higashimitarai: "An unfortunate hottie." While he longs for strength, he is devastatingly cowardly, which is why his right hand is wrapped in bandages as a symbol of two extremes - one where he pretends to be a martial artist who does it "so as not to hurt his fist" and the other where he makes the excuse that "by injuring it, he can't give it his all." He might just be suffering from eight-grade syndrome though (lol).
Closing comment: All of the characters have latent potential, with the dual nature of who they are now and who they want to be. I look forward to seeing how, through their encounter with Digimon, they close that gap and grow.

4- The new manga, Digimon Dreamers in Saikyo Jump. The lead character, and Pulsemon's partner, is Ritsu Kodo.

ghostgameguide07_september22_2021.jpg

Storyboard of Ghost Game episode 1.

The beginning of the story with "the stitched mouth man" - Clockmon appears and makes suspicious motions to the young girl in front of him. The girl can be seen having her time sucked away and withering!

Hiro's investigation of "hologram ghosts" - Hiro uses his smartphone to investigate on the "stitched mouth man" that's the talk of his school. You can see his school life and his curiosity in action.

Encounter with an unknown life form "Gammamon's appearance!!" - As Hiro cautiously peers beneath the desk where there's a ringing sound... out comes Gammamon! Hiro's yelps of surprise while Gammamon greets him in a relaxed manner are polar opposites!

Comment from Kimitoshi Chioka: This is the scene where Hiro meets something unknown, something he cannot explain. I hope the contrast is easily conveyed - Hiro who is dreadfully confused while Gammamon shows no shyness or hesitancy. It's an important scene where the story makes its first big move.

Their imposing standing postures, the "evolution scene" - The scene where Hiro and Gammamon's feelings synchronize and they evolve. The two wear serious expressions within the digital space. What kind of Digimon does he evolve into?!

Comment from Kimitoshi Chioka: The evolution scene this time places emphasis on the emotional bond between human and their Digimon partner, and that their feelings synchronize. This is why, in production, the two face in the same direction, to show that they are "in sync."

The various bits written on the storyboards:
Storyboard of episode 1.
The backside of a housewife in her 30s going home from grocery shopping. She is holding the hand of a child as she walks.
Clockmon's clock spins as the shot pans out.
Clockmon receives the time he stole from a female student and laughs manically as the time washes over his entire body.
His face looks like he's gone mad.
The female student as her time is stolen shrivels into an old withered form instantly. Her hair turns white and long.

Hiro holds his smartphone in his left hand while swiping with his right.
He opens up a chat page and sees that Ishida has sent him a message.
He reads Ishida's chat, with a rather serious expression on his face.
Spoken lines: "Would be cool if it was real though..."
"What the heck, that Ishida just sent me a really long explanation..."
"Here's the main point."
"Hologram ghosts, unlike traditional ghosts, describe bizarre phenomena mixed with static noise. These incidents have increased in number in the past 2-3 years. As for yesterday's case..."

Hiro fearfully looks under the desk. Gammamon is slowly biting on something [onkei can't read this part clearly, but it appears to be 'outdoor cooking utensils'.]
Hiro gets scared seeing Gammamon and tries to leave. Gammamon throws the thing he's chewing on and comes out from underneath the desk.
Gammamon's spoken line: "Heyyy! You're Hiro Amanokawa!"
Hiro's spoken line: "?? ...You can talk?!"
Gammamon greets him.
Gammamon's spoken line: "I'm Gammamon!"

ghostgameguide08_september22_2021.jpg

A layout going over the Digivice V product and Dim Cards.

ghostgameguide09_september22_2021.jpg

Layout going over the card game.

ghostgameguide10_september22_2021.jpg

Upcoming model kits and the Ghost Game 'The Digimon' Figures

ghostgameguide11_september22_2021.jpg

And it finishes with updates of magazines Digimon fans will want to keep an eye on. Saikyo Jump, V-Jump, along with the recent release of the Digimon Card Game catalog magazine.

Very Ghost Game heavy as you would expect, while also going over various brand related things.

Attachments

• article.jpg
    article.jpg
    207.1 KB · Views: 15,402
Last edited:

GoldenEXP

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yaaaaay Dracumon!
Also that Gammamon evolution looks really cool! Would love to have silhouettes for the other twos evos

IndustrialPanic

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hey! That Gammamon evo looks pretty narly!

It actuall looks like that one big digimon in the background of the poster, with the high collar and cape, so maybe that isn't Villainmon after all

Geode

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Oh sweet Dracmon, and Gammamon’s champion is humanoid?

Well as long as it’s cool looking.

YongYoKyo

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Mummymon was already referenced in the earlier teaser blurb. Dracmon seems like an obvious inclusion too. Goatmon seems a bit random though.

Gammamon's 3D model on that Digivice V page shows its wings.

It seems Gammamon's Adult is a humanoid, which I don't mind. Depending on how far they'll take that "alien" aspect from Gammamon's profile, it might be a reference to the classic "reptilian alien conspiracy theory".

Geode

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So does this mean the main partners well have multiple evolution forms instead of the usual one line?

Muur

How deep the rabbit-hole goes
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So Gammamon evolves into Yugi Moto

Angoramon is smaller than I was expecting, he's barely any taller than three 12 year olds. I'm taller than him.

Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Mummymon was already referenced in the earlier teaser blurb. Dracmon seems like an obvious inclusion too. Goatmon seems a bit random though.

It seems Gammamon's Adult is a humanoid, which I don't mind. Depending on how far they'll take that "alien" aspect from Gammamon's profile, it might be a reference to the classic "reptilian alien conspiracy theory".
Again, those are the ends of his bandana, not wings. You can clearly see in the other pages that he does not have wings.
I am mistaken.

The cape on Gammamon's Evo makes me think of the Hackmon line even more. I also like how his legs looks like bird's legs instead of a Dragon's legs.

Last edited:

YongYoKyo

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Again, those are the ends of his bandana, not wings. You can clearly see in the other pages that he does not have wings.
Those are not bandana-ends. They're nearly as long as his arms. And his profile does explicitly mentions wings.

IndustrialPanic

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

He's talking about the little 3D model in the 7th image after the poster. It's really small so you have to zoom in, but you can clearly see has tiny bat wings.

Edit: also, in the image above with the old gg poster Jellymon is misscolored lol

Shiningmon

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
If it's like in the old series (Savers / Xros Wars: Hunters), there is a possibility that the enemies will evolve including the possibility of seeing Noble Pumpmon, Sangloupmon, Grand Dracumon or Pharaohmon .... wait and see.

Otherwise the silhouette of the Evo of Gammamon, impossible to say if it is the Perfect or the Adult Level (I think it is the Perfect level ...)

e105zeta

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Good thing they put clothes on Jellymon. That beta design is ugh.

YongYoKyo

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Otherwise the silhouette of the Evo of Gammamon, impossible to say if it is the Perfect or the Adult Level (I think it is the Perfect level ...)
The text says Adult-level [成熟期].

SketchyVaughn

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Is it just me or does Gammamon's evo have....bird feet?

BlankShell

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Oooh, spooky Gammamon evolution. I'll take it.

Also lol Goatmon. Sure, why not?

e105zeta

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
2 of Gammamon’s spines actually being retractable bat wings is such a weird design detail. As disappointing as it is that he doesn’t even stop at a quadruped or beast before leaping directly into Sentai, I guess there’s a good chance the horror theme will show in it. The silhouette does look like Jesmon, though.

Shiningmon

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Ok thank to confirme.

So the Adult Level Silhouette are lots of details (foot design, cape...) for a Adult Level (just like Bao Huckmon...)

SketchyVaughn

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
2 of Gammamon’s spines actually being retractable bat wings is such a weird design detail. As disappointing as it is that he doesn’t even stop at a quadruped or beast before leaping directly into Sentai, I guess there’s a good chance the horror theme will show in it. The silhouette does look like Jesmon, though.
Maybe Gammamon will get a superhero inspiration in his evo line

e105zeta

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Maybe Gammamon will get a superhero inspiration in his evo line
So many partners have superhero designs in their evo lines already, not sure how you’d play it up.

Muur

How deep the rabbit-hole goes
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Ok thank to confirme.

So the Adult Level Silhouette are lots of details (foot design, cape...) for a Adult Level (just like Bao Huckmon...)

Oh yeah, we can't even really see the design and it's clearly over-designed.