Digimon anime needs to up its action..

Kataphrut

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The reboot seems to have upped its game in terms of animation. At the very least the fights are more dynamic. Going back to the first four seasons, you forget just how much of it was dominated by stock footage and dull art.

NTDum2

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The reboot seems to have upped its game in terms of animation. At the very least the fights are more dynamic. Going back to the first four seasons, you forget just how much of it was dominated by stock footage and dull art.
Makes sense if you ask me, when you have less new digimon designs to make per season, you can start focus on more dynamic things in fights

Kamotz

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I agree with you up until this most recent episode. The fight between

Omnimon and Nidhoggmon

Was pretty disappointing. There was a lot they could have done dynamically between those two. We’ve seen smaller digimon fight larger digimon a number of times in movies, and it can be great. Look at Revenge of Diaboromon, Omnimon’s fight there vs Armageddemon, even as short as it was, was a well animated fight full of motion and movement. I’m not asking for a standard episodes animation to be on that level, but there was certainly more that they could’ve done rather than what we got.