Digimon All-Star Rumble announced for PS3 and Xbox 360!

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Does this bother you?
It can. The dub and its advertising overuse it, adding it to random words for no discernible reason. My best guess is that it's supposed to be one of the tacky pseudo-jokes so beloved of the dub.

LucasPSI

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Judging from the list of already confirmed characters I have a feeling each season will be getting 2 reps other than Adventure who gets 4 since Frontier will likely not have any reps. I think it's safe to say the reps may be,

Adventure: Agumon, Gabumon, Biyomon, Tentomon
02: Veemon, Gatomon
Tamers: Guilmon, Terriermon, Renamon (I can't really see two without the other. Even in Rumble Arena 2 Guilmon seemed out of place without the other two.)
Frontier: -
Savers: Gaomon (Agumon is already in the game and I can't really see any other Digimon from Savers appearing, so that's another reason tamers gets three reps.)
Xros Wars: Shoutmon, Dorulumon

That's just what I think at least. I just hope they don't milk Adventure's list of Digimon to try to draw people in with nostalgia.

viperzerof-2

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I do want to point out that as a ps3 360 game they may be going for the DLC angle, not something everyone wants but at least would mean more digimon

Seymour Butz

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The dub and its advertising overuse it, adding it to random words for no discernible reason. My best guess is that it's supposed to be one of the tacky pseudo-jokes so beloved of the dub.
I think that, in the very early days, localisers wanted something to distinguish it from POKÉMON, and settled on adding digi- to everything because, I dunno, branding. From there it unfortunately grew to become a driving force in the paradigm of DIGIMON localisation.

I just hope they don't milk Adventure's list of Digimon to try to draw people in with nostalgia.

Hagaren Gao

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This is actually the first Digimon game I've actually been interested in since the Adventure PSP game, at least. Putting it on the PS3/360 is actually a pretty good move since those two still have quite a bit of life in them and at this point more people have those consoles than the next gen ones. Probablly perfect for the intended audience.

Pity that we couldn't get Dorulumon > JagerDorulumon or whatever his name was, but I'm happy he's actually playable.

LucasPSI

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well, it certainly uses "Digi-" enough.
Does this bother you?
looks interesting, but seriously it seems more like a cash-grab cheap party game, especially since don't even bother releasing it on current gen consoles

but man, you really notice it's an last last gen game when all the textures look like some kind of cheap plastic. All in all this just seemslike something released a few years too late...
Agreed. But I'm happy because I am not buying an XBox One or PS4

Well, it is at least something nice for the West :)
I just think it is a bit sad, that half of the character slots seem to be used up by Adventure Digimon. I wish they had decided to take two Digimon out of each generation.
The way I see it, we have 4 adventure, 2 Zero02, 2 Fusion.
One source says 12 base with a total of 32 after evolutions which is odd because it seems like some with get 2 evolutions and some will get just 1.
With only four base digimon to be revealed it's really hard to guess. We can probably rule out Gumdramon because Hunters has yet to make its western debut.
But we can probably expect at least one digimon each from Savers and Tamers because footage was used from the show. So my guess is:
Agumon 06
Gaomon
Guilmon
Terriermon
That would mean 2 digimon from 4 seasons and 4 digimon from the first season with Frontier being the only not represented. My (plausible) hope is:

Gaomon
Guilmon
Terriermon
Renamon

Well, this is unexpected...

It probably is a test of Western interest. Not the best way to do it, but not the worst.

Off the screenshots linked in that article, we can guess eight of the twelve: Agumon, Gabumon, Biyomon, Tentomon, Gatomon, Veemon, Shoutmon, and Dorulumon. Yes, that is a bit Adventure heavy, but consider the alternative. If the parameter was "two per series", history suggests it would have been Agumon, Veemon, Guilmon, Agnimon, the other Agumon, Shoutmon, Gabumon, Wolfmon, Gaomon, Dorulumon, either Renamon or Terriermon depending on who made the decision, and I have no clue who the twelfth would be. While "neither" would be better, given the choice of "mostly Adventure" or "mostly dragons and dogs", the former is a less-severe mistake.

Though I do hope Terriermon is among the unrevealed characters. There's no good reason not to include him.
I agree. I appreciate Biyomon and Tentomon! And Gatomon (like in rumble arena) is probably being used more or less as an adventure 2 digimon.

And hey! Does anyone else find it strange that Hououmon is featured in this game? I'm surprised because it didn't make an anime appearance as Biyomon's evolution, Garudamon would've been much cooler, popular (in my opninion), and recognizable, and if Hououmon is in, why MegaKabuterimon instead of HerakleKabuterimon??
I guess I should have read your post before posting. It seems we had the same idea, where the final four would be Gaomon, and the Tamers Digimon. Also how do you know Hououmon is in? I only watched the trailer and have seen a few screenshots. Is there something I missed?

Devkyu

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I really don't see why they can't end up on the WiiU. The graphics really don't look nice enough for the excuse that the system can't handle it.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I really don't see why they can't end up on the WiiU. The graphics really don't look nice enough for the excuse that the system can't handle it.
With the limited number of Wii U sales, combined with the historical fact that many people just stick to Nintendo games, they've likely decided it wasn't worth their money to port it.

Glyptodon

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I agree it's weird that we get Phoenixmon but not JaegerDorulumon. It's not like he's spoiler for the still-upcoming dub arcs //sadly...

I actually hope Guilmon isn't in. We already have three goggle-dragons out of a roster of twelve. The darker-and-edgier-fancharacter-version of Agumon would probably play very much like Agumon in this context. No strong opinion on Renamon, save that one or three of the Tamers main cast are far more likely than two. If it is only one, Terriermon is the best choice because of his link to Adventure.

If we must have another loner-dog, Gaomon is indeed the best choice. A fairly distinctive entry from Savers, and a non-flying Wind elemental (ie. something Pokemon can't easily do). To bad there probably isn't room for Kudamon as well.

Sad that we probably won't see anyone from Frontier, though not surprising. Although, it looks like this game only needs two forms, so maybe. Agnimon and Wolfmon would be fairly redundant with the existing roster, but Chakkumon or Lowemon could both fit and be distinctive //fat chance of that...

A more likely Frontier reference would be Patamon or Lopmon, since they're also significant in other series. Though Lopmon would probably Digivolve to Antylamon to avoid bickering over which line to use, which in turn breaks the Frontier reference. Unless of course Gatomon Digivolves to Ophanimon, but that would inspire shipping wars by proxy line-related bickering of its own.

miru

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Will there be villains from each series as boss battles?

LucasPSI

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Guilmon will get in. No doubt about it. He's a walking moneymaker. Renamon also has a big chance due to her huge popularity. The only one I really am worried about is Terriermon, but with Henry's digivice appearing in the trailer I think that's a given we'll see him in the game. As much as I would want Lopmon to be playable, he would probably be an alt for Terriermon instead. Just change the color scheme, add two more horn, and BAM Lopmon. If Lopmon doesn't appear in any way shape or form I will honesty be VERY angry with Bandai.

Inpu

How deep the rabbit-hole goes
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeah, there better the hell be some DLC. I have no interest in "Rumble Arena, but slightly better graphics". Especially since it looks like they also generally eschewed the whole "Digimon have unique attacks" for "generic light/heavy fighter attacks, and we'll make generic strafing attacks we might throw traditional names on".

Probably won't buy until it inevitably goes on clearance. Digimon games should stop trying to ape other series, they always do it poorly.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'll get it if they do what they've done with some of their games lately and put them on Steam.

My last gen systems are off in a box somewhere and I don't intend to pull them out for this.

Bombfuse

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I just hope Bandai doesn't use this game as a basis to judge whether they should localize Decode and Cyber Sleuth. Because I honestly don't think this will do well.

Piers

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
No Cyber Sleuth until we buy 50k copies within 2 months.
Bummer it's such a budget brawler, but hopefully the price itself is low as well.

Sabrblade

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I agree it's weird that we get Phoenixmon but not JaegerDorulumon. It's not like he's spoiler for the still-upcoming dub arcs //sadly...
Given that this is an American-made game, it's possible that its makers might not be aware that JagerDorulumon's even exists.

Bartz

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It's nice to hear that they're finally bringing over some of the games, but it looks like I won't be able to buy this one, so I'll have to give it a skip.

Aside from that, I'm also pretty disappointed in the selection. It seems heavily bias towards Adventure, and there doesn't seem to be much love given to the others. It particularly bothersome to me since there are many choices from each of those series that are worthwhile and notable, but the limited selection will not allow for them aside from a spare few, so it's going to feel very restricted no matter who they choose. Hopefully the evolved forms will make up a bit for that, but we'll see.