Digimon All-Star Rumble announced for PS3 and Xbox 360!

G-SANtos

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
For digimon fans / former fans, maybe I will have something to say honestly, I think I may fear if they discovered how this game wasn't made from Japan...
This game is made by Prope, which is a Japanese company.

The hell? Why is Examon the super form of Biyomon and Gatomon?
Well, Examon was Digitorin's second Ultimate in Decode, which was also made by Prope, but for Tailmon...
Don't tell me in Adventure 3 Hououmon and Holydramon will Jogres into Examon. Please, no! It just... No. Really, absolute no. If they ever portray Examon as a Jogres in any story, they better make it with Breakdramon and Slayerdramon, since that's how it was originally meant to be.

Aegisdramon, TyrantKabuterimon, Examon, and Shoutmon DX.
This breaks Glyptodon's theory of only those that appeared until XW 30 being ibn the game, and raises many questions about what kind of logic they used to have some Digimon have their canon Ultimates and others not having them.

Sparrow Hawk

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
For digimon fans / former fans, maybe I will have something to say honestly, I think I may fear if they discovered how this game wasn't made from Japan...
This game is made by Prope, which is a Japanese company.

Searched. Look like this company have more smartphone/PC games than other consoles.
Thx

Touya

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
There's a pattern to the evolution paths. Omegamon, Imperialdramon, Examon, Aegisdramon and Shoutmon X5B have all been reused to fill six slots that could have been unique evolutions. I figure Were Garurumon, Dinobeemon, Garudamon, Vikemon, Ophanimon and Blast Mode or another alt for Impmon were on the table and cut when they decided to use nonspecific evolutions to fill the second slots and reduce expenses further. Omegamon and Imperialdramon conveniently fit due to both of their Jogress pieces already being in the game (or Wormmon could have been chosen because it would allow them to reuse V-mon's Imperialdramon) while the other three could fit multiple Digimon. Impmon to X5B sticks out like a sore thumb, I really hope Beelzebumon's the more optimal evolution in-game so I never have a reason to use Impmon's alt.

The quality looks marginally superior to a licensed EA title. ASR will probably be the Quidditch World Cup of Digimon games.

CloneWarrior

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So does Impmon become the original Beelzemon or the XW version, since he has X5B as his secondary evolution?

Theigno

Supper Mοderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
There's a pattern to the evolution paths. Omegamon, Imperialdramon, Examon, Aegisdramon and Shoutmon X5B have all been reused to fill six slots that could have been unique evolutions. I figure Were Garurumon, Dinobeemon, Garudamon, Vikemon, Ophanimon and Blast Mode or another alt for Impmon were on the table and cut when they decided to use nonspecific evolutions to fill the second slots and reduce expenses further. Omegamon and Imperialdramon conveniently fit due to both of their Jogress pieces already being in the game (or Wormmon could have been chosen because it would allow them to reuse V-mon's Imperialdramon) while the other three could fit multiple Digimon. Impmon to X5B sticks out like a sore thumb, I really hope Beelzebumon's the more optimal evolution in-game so I never have a reason to use Impmon's alt.
The obvious laziness when it comes to the evolutions really pisses me off.... another thing I think is sad is how they just say right at the beginning "Some of these evolutions are not canon in the Digimon Universe", that pretty much shows how much they value that game as part of the franchise. They could have least have the courage and try to justify those evolutions in the story mode and really make them canon (even if I don't know how much a us&eu only game can be considered canon anyway but some of those evos would actually work) but it seems they just threw them in that's all there is...

I'd accept double Omegamon for Agumon and Gabumon if it was the only reused evo, but X5B for both Dorulumon and Impmon is really a bit stupid especially when JägerDorulumon would have been such an easy choice. Sure many people don't know about him but X5B also isn't the most recognizeable XW Digimon and both Aegisdramon and TyrantKabuterimon are pretty obscure at best.
As for Wormmon and V-mon Both having Imperialdramon FM, okay, I wasn't expecting GranKuwagamon but they could at least've gone the way Battle Spirit did things with V-mon having Paladin mode, that would have only required recoloring the FM model and adding a special sword attack and nothing more.
I would be angry about the reused evo for Piyomon and Tailmon but, it's EXAMON and Examon is cool so it's fundamentally impossible to be angry about Examon (although I don't think the game will do his coolness justice).

oh and I was also a bit pissed that they didn't show off anything about the story mode, not even like part of the first level or so... That might have brought the stream closer to the hour that was advertised.

The quality looks marginally superior to a licensed EA title. ASR will probably be the Quidditch World Cup of Digimon games.
Hey, I (kinda) liked Quidditch World Cub when I played it on the GameCube years ago :eek:

So does Impmon become the original Beelzemon or the XW version, since he has X5B as his secondary evolution?
No, it's the standard Beelzebumon we know from tamers (one attack even involves summoning the Behemoth) which makes the evolution even more Jarring.

Bartz

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I totally agree. The last hope I have in it is that the Story Mode and the DigiCards system seem interesting. Anyway, I think I'll buy it with the hope that the future will bring better games to the West.

I hope so as well, I want to have more Digimon games brought over, but ASR isn't leaving the best impression at this point. Either of those two being interesting would at least help that though.

Well, Examon was Digitorin's second Ultimate in Decode, which was also made by Prope, but for Tailmon...
Don't tell me in Adventure 3 Hououmon and Holydramon will Jogres into Examon. Please, no! It just... No. Really, absolute no. If they ever portray Examon as a Jogres in any story, they better make it with Breakdramon and Slayerdramon, since that's how it was originally meant to be.

They said that some of the lines aren't canon and are just for balance, so I imagine Examon is just for that reason. It's still completely out there though and there are other Digimon that they could've went with that fit them much better (ex. Valdurmon).

Also, I agree that he should be with Slayerdramon and Breakdramon, but it seems Bandai loves just putting him on whatever line they can except for the Dracomon line considering most video games and other materials don't really bother with it. So much for being the 10th anniversary Digimon huh?

The obvious laziness when it comes to the evolutions really pisses me off.... another thing I think is sad is how they just say right at the beginning "Some of these evolutions are not canon in the Digimon Universe", that pretty much shows how much they value that game as part of the franchise. They could have least have the courage and try to justify those evolutions in the story mode and really make them canon (even if I don't know how much a us&eu only game can be considered canon anyway but some of those evos would actually work) but it seems they just threw them in that's all there is...

I'd accept double Omegamon for Agumon and Gabumon if it was the only reused evo, but X5B for both Dorulumon and Impmon is really a bit stupid especially when JägerDorulumon would have been such an easy choice. Sure many people don't know about him but X5B also isn't the most recognizeable XW Digimon and both Aegisdramon and TyrantKabuterimon are pretty obscure at best.
As for Wormmon and V-mon Both having Imperialdramon FM, okay, I wasn't expecting GranKuwagamon but they could at least've gone the way Battle Spirit did things with V-mon having Paladin mode, that would have only required recoloring the FM model and adding a special sword attack and nothing more.
I would be angry about the reused evo for Piyomon and Tailmon but, it's EXAMON and Examon is cool so it's fundamentally impossible to be angry about Examon (although I don't think the game will do his coolness justice).

I can understand the complaint with Aegisdramon and Tyrantkabuterimon, but I still feel that they were decent choices, especially if they wanted to deviate a bit. Despite their obscurity, they're still connected to the respective Digimon lines, and it's nice to see it get some exposure outside of card games and Masters. I do agree about Shoutmon X5B as while it works to some extent for Dorulumon, if they're willing to tap into obscure Digimon anyway, why not use JagerDorulumon instead? And Impmon using X5B is pretty inexcusable as well.

Last edited:

Bombfuse

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Did anyone else notice the bugs in the game as well? Was that the final product they were showing off?

Inpu

How deep the rabbit-hole goes
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Aegisdramon and examon (for piyomon) are actually canon. X5b for impmon is...erg, but justifiable with the beelzemon similarity--xw beelzemon even uses the originals profile in some sources.

Gatomon to examon is the only really bizarre one, and it makes it seem like they ran out of time.

Touya

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Did anyone else notice the bugs in the game as well? Was that the final product they were showing off?
No, the camera going through Toy Town's walls and the like was because they were in debug mode, which won't be accessible in the retail game. Debug being left on during the stream was probably an oversight.

Saiga

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wasn't Examon from Piyomon only canon in Re:Digitize because of the Evolution item used? I know in the original world, the Evolution items don't give a flying fuck what Digimon they're used on, so anything can evolve into Examon with that item. Doesn't really support Examon as Piyomon's evolution here.

Heironymus Boosh

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hmmm... I'm not feeling it. Just not feeling it.

I think the most glaring problem stems from a design choice that has plagued the digimon fighting games from the get go. Why do we spend most of our in game time controlling a child level digimon. Fighting as Agumon is scarcely better than fighting as Koromon. If this were a Digimon world game, I wouldn't even have left the city yet.

We should be piloting Adult leveled digimon. Greymon. Kabterimon. Angemon. Those are digimon I'd like to spend most of my time controlling. If they needed to include child levels, they could have easily been implemented as a temporary power down. The ultimate level digimon arn't much better either. WarGreymon is the worst design of the original three Greymon's by far and his acting as the sole member of this group represented prevents me from playing as a cyborg dinosaur who shoots nuclear shark explosives from his modified chest cavity.

Graphics should've been done as a cell shaded style. Borderlands 2 is a good example of how to do sketchy styles as a cell shaded game. The shiny plastic look just looks amateurish anyway.

Of course the biggest insult is Bandai gating the possible translation of DeCode behind another bad Rumble Arena game. What's next, will we have to grind out an ultimate level digimon in Digimon Masters desolate wasteland of a world with nigh non existent game play and player choice (not that they players have much impact on that world anyway, or that that world can be impacted due to it's stagnant nature). Will we have to buy Xros Wars dvds and enter a secret code hidden somewhere deep in the dvds runtime. I will not be blackmailed into buying inferior products just because a franchise has produced something I liked in the past, especially since that may convince the dense corporate heads that said inferior products may have been successful leading to more products with that bad design sense being produced.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So is the game out or are we just talking about the stream showing problems?

Touya

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
We're just talking about the stream. It comes out in nine days, November 11th.

saifors

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So I was at a con 2 days ago and ASR was on display, I got to play one match, the digicards didn't go off so I can't really say much about it.
So the controls one of the most important thing of a fighting game are okay, pressing the trigger buttons is to block (which you have to do to if you get combo'd) feels kinda weird and just as expected aiming sucks, the good thing is at least there's the special attacks which have auto homing, getting your digimon to turn around while attacking is a pain, to change the direction you're attacking in you have to stop attacking so you can make the digimon move towards the opponent which gives the opponent more than enough time to get a bunch of hits off if you try to change direction while attacking in les then 2 seconds it won't work you'll just keep comboing the air like an idiot it was kinda fun but nowhere near enough to justify 60€.
So now the news... well so much for the 36 digivolutions thing. The fact that so many digivolutions are getting repeated just to fill up space is stupid, and ok it's fine to use some digivolution lines which aren't canon in that they haven't appeared ever before, but th could have at the very least chosen some that make sense which could be considered as possible instead of something ridiculous like Gomamon to Aegisdramon (They don't have a single thing in common). same goes for Biyomon and Gatomon to Examon it would've been more fitting on Shoutmon or Guilmon, also what's the point in having X4 and X5B they're nowhere near different enough to justify both as separate digivolutions , I was actually interested in Impmon because the could use him to include some of the bad guys. I doubt Prope know anything bout Digimon except for the anime and whatever appears when you put random page on Wikimon or the digimon wikia.

Inpu

How deep the rabbit-hole goes
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wasn't Examon from Piyomon only canon in Re:Digitize because of the Evolution item used? I know in the original world, the Evolution items don't give a flying fuck what Digimon they're used on, so anything can evolve into Examon with that item. Doesn't really support Examon as Piyomon's evolution here.

Probably.

I'm just saying, the NPC Biyomon evolved into an Examon in that game.

G-SANtos

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So, someone got the game earlier and made a video of Tailmon's first two battles. Here.
Apparently, the reason for Tailmon not becoming Holydramon is to not conflict with the Holydramon of the Four Great Dragons. Now I wonder why they didn't Ofanimon. Are the Archangles in this game too?

Also, Neemon is the announcer, so that sems to count as Frontier representation. Could the secret character be someone from Savers?

By the way, the glitches seem in the stream seem to be absent from the final version. The invisible Digimon seems to be a glitch of the "stunned blinking" or whatever it's called.

Of course the biggest insult is Bandai gating the possible translation of DeCode behind another bad Rumble Arena game. What's next, will we have to grind out an ultimate level digimon in Digimon Masters desolate wasteland of a world with nigh non existent game play and player choice (not that they players have much impact on that world anyway, or that that world can be impacted due to it's stagnant nature). Will we have to buy Xros Wars dvds and enter a secret code hidden somewhere deep in the dvds runtime.
You are exaggerating a bit.

I will not be blackmailed into buying inferior products just because a franchise has produced something I liked in the past, especially since that may convince the dense corporate heads that said inferior products may have been successful leading to more products with that bad design sense being produced.
Then prepare to never get Digimon games in the West again, even if the new series is successful here. Marc has previously explained that signing a petition to get a game localized doesn't mean you are going to buy the game, so a million signatures don't mean a million sales. Therefore, they made a game to make sure bringing Decode and Cyber Sleuth, and any other future games, wouldn't be a waste of money. You should be grateful they are even doing something, when they have strictly said no to other stuff with a lot of requests, like Idolm@ster (although I can't say I know much about the topic), and buy it. Don't think "they are blackmailing me", think "I have to make this franchise survive in the West".

Like, there was once a Chinese dinasty, I can't remember what dynasty it was, but during that dynasty, farmers were forced to give everything they produced, and were forbidden of using anything they produced for their our susteinance. But, they needed to survive somehow, so they started eating dogs, horses, insects, whatever was available. And that's how eating insects and dogs became part of Chinese culture.

In dark times you can't be very picky, you must survive with what you have. So, basically, the fate of Digimon games in the West depends on the success of All-Star Rumble, and that's all there is to it. This can't be as bad as many people are making it out to be. Who knows in the future an All-Star Rumble 2 turns out to be better?

Bombfuse

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Oh god, Agumon's in battle voice is annoying me so much. However, I actually like Gatomon's and Angewomon's.

Touya

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Confirmed for no alternate palettes. I hope we can turn the voice acting off. FIERY FAST BALL and CAT LASER will haunt my dreams.

Biyomon actually looks really good, with fast in-your-face combos, offset by Spiral Twister being a lame projectile that stops her in place. Hououmon doesn't seem to be a great evolution, she moves slowly compared to XV-mon or War Greymon and in the one video where he gets Starlight Explosion off it looks like it can actually be dodged much more easily than say Imperialdramon's finisher. Having Examon as an alt might be a blessing in disguise depending on how effective it is.

If Tyrant Kabuterimon plays well, I think Tentomon might meet the expectations the stream set up. It looks like he's the easiest one to get a lead with and maintain based on his combos and higher starting HP compared to the other characters. Everybody seems to have a Sonic the Hedgehog-style spinning attack or kick, but I think Tento's has an area of effect with splash damage and that's how it was able to hit multiple characters simultaneously in the stream.

MatthewZMD

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Then prepare to never get Digimon games in the West again, even if the new series is successful here. Marc has previously explained that signing a petition to get a game localized doesn't mean you are going to buy the game, so a million signatures don't mean a million sales. Therefore, they made a game to make sure bringing Decode and Cyber Sleuth, and any other future games, wouldn't be a waste of money.
That's right, although I don't have PS3 nor Xbox, I would buy All-Star Rumble and HOPE that Bandai Namco will bring Decode and Cyber Sleuth to the west. XD

Shadow Shinji

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Now that the last part of the Story Mode has been uploaded to Youtube, I must say that the game is not that bad!!! In my opinion, it have two big faults:
1) The roster should contain more playable Digimon (Renamon, Patamon, Palmon or others). Nonetheless, it remains to discover the identity of the hidden character.
2) The Super Digivolutions are poorly structured. However, it appears that at least in the case of Gatomon, she is able to digivolve into Examon since after releasing him, he gives her the powers to obtain this form. Something similar than the Demon Lords in Another Mission.

However, these faults could have been corrected if the creators would have had more time to develop the game.