Digimon Adventure tri. stream on 11/20 and movie streams 11/18 and 11/19

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It appears niconico will have yet another Digimon stream coming soon.

On November 20th they will have a stream that will apparently give release information for part 2 of Digimon Adventure tri.

Edit 2- Thanks to Shinraisei it appears it was indeed a mistranslation. Leaving the information here though. Changed the topic name to be more clear.

Notably the stream is the day before tri. 1 comes out.

Hopefully it won't be to long of a wait.

What's everyone gonna guess schedule wise? Or will tri. not hold onto a consistent schedule?

Edit- Since the question mark and saying 'apparently' weren't obvious enough, we still aren't 100% sure this is what the stream actually is.

Thanks to DigimonInfo for the news.

Edit- And there will be nico streams on the 18th and 19th also>

On the 18th they will stream Digimon Adventure (the movie) and Our War Game.
On the 19th they will stream Hurricane Touchdown!/Supreme Evolution! The Golden Digimentals and Diablomon Strikes Back

The steam on the 20th has also updated information to mention that Junya Enoki (Takeru) and Junya Ikeda (Joe) will show up during the stream.

Shadious

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I am guessing that perhaps the interval between "Reunion" and part 2 could be as long as that of Persona 3's own theatrical animated films.

krfz41

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Another series by the same director, Katanagatari had 1 month between its episodes and each episode was about 50 minutes. Considering this series is closer to a movie and each episode is about 80-90 minutes, 3-4 months between each episode would be reasonable I think. If it's 4 months, the series will conclude in 2 years. I don't want to wait longer than that TBH.

Spongebond

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Maybe the later parts after part 2 will be sped up if the sales of the blu-ray and screenings do well.

Sabrblade

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I would certainly hope that tri. would have a consistent schedule.

NekoHaruko

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I was almost thinking 6 months because Toei probably wants to milk the fandom as much as possible.. but I'm really hoping 2 months because I want 02 merch as soon as possible. ;.; Could be 3-4 like someone else said. Which I guess isn't a terrible idea.

kkanbara

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That's awesome!! Thanks so much for pointing that out. Makes this academic hell week easier to have something to look forward to asides from the impending release of chapter 1.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Another series by the same director, Katanagatari had 1 month between its episodes and each episode was about 50 minutes.
There is an issue bringing up Katanagatari.

Katanagatari aired as a TV show and needed to fit a pre-set schedule.

Very often OVAs, films, and premium animation slip in their schedule.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Very often OVAs, films, and premium animation slip in their schedule.
That's sad to hear then.
As an example (and I've been using Unicorn a lot because it's been relevant to the discussion...) Assuming I'm remembering this all correctly (and it's been awhile, so I might not be.)

Gundam Unicorn was scheduled as 6 episodes to be released roughly every 6 months.

So 6 episodes over 3 years.

The second episode was released 9 months after the first.

Gundam Unicorn ended up being 7 episodes over 4 years, 3 months.

kkanbara

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeah, that sucks. I expected something like that, the Code Geass OVAs (Akito the Exiled) were supposed to be something like over only one year starting August of 2012 but only 4 parts ended up being well over 3 years at this point (after they announced, much like Unicorn, the continuation of the series into at least 5 parts, the 5th part coming out in February 2016).

I honestly would just be alright with a full schedule, even if it does take 4 years for all of the chapters to air. As much as that would absolutely suck, I'd like to know what we're getting ourselves into and how much waiting we'll have to do. Obviously that's not likely for a number of reasons, but it's just what I would like.

Sandra U.

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I was almost thinking 6 months because Toei probably wants to milk the fandom as much as possible.. but I'm really hoping 2 months because I want 02 merch as soon as possible. ;.; Could be 3-4 like someone else said. Which I guess isn't a terrible idea.
Yes, I agree with you probably will be 6 months. Like most fans I want the movies to be realised sooner.

Shinraisei

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Actually...I don't think the tweet says that there will be an announcement regarding Part 2, only that this is the 2nd Tokuban Adventure special livestream. That's how I'm reading it though! Perhaps I'm wrong!

But that's not to say there may or may not be an announcement of some kind. It would be odd to me if there was a teaser for Part 2 before the majority of fans got to see Part 1 though *laughs*

I'm guessing maybe we'll get a final trailer for Part 1 and a date announcement for part 2? And maybe other announcements.

(Or if they go the MOZU route--show a trailer that shows a mashup of scenes from "later" chapters, if any (which I...doubt), then follow up with a trailer for Part 1. MOZU S1 and S2 would show this mashup trailer at the end of each episode which featured clips from all of the later episodes in no real order, and then follow this up with the actual teaser for the next episode.)

Fingers crossed Junya Ikeda is one of the hosts this time...and if he is, best of luck to him and the other hosts as they try to see through the wave of "JOOOOOOOOO" comments on the stream. xD

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It's quite possible I'm wrong of course, as my Japanese is below crap, but based on what I can do (and of course, I wouldn't have posted the news if I didn't dig into it a bit) I thought it said 'Part 2 Broadcast Decision' when translated literally, which would generally soften to an announcement about when part 2 will be released.

It's possible I'm wrong.

Updated the initial post to further clarify based on what we know, and added further stream information.

Shinraisei

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It's quite possible I'm wrong of course, as my Japanese is below crap, but based on what I can do (and of course, I wouldn't have posted the news if I didn't dig into it a bit) I thought it said 'Part 2 Broadcast Decision' when translated literally, which would generally soften to an announcement about when part 2 will be released.

It's possible I'm wrong.
This was how I broke it down from Digimon Headline's tweet:
【映像・音楽】ニコニコ生放送『デジモンアドベンチャーtri. 第1章「再会」劇場上映直前「トクバンアドベンチャー!」第2回』が11月20日に放送決定!
Lit. (Movie/Music) | Niconico Live broadcast "Digimon Adventure tri. Chapter 1 'Reunion' | theatre screening| just before (the theatre screening) | 'Tokuban Adventure!' | 2nd occurence (of the Tokuban)"| is Nov. 20th | broadcast decision

So:
【映像・音楽】 (Movie/Music)
ニコニコ生放送 (Niconico Livestream)
『デジモンアドベンチャーtri. 第1章「再会」『Digimon Adventure Tri. Chapter 1 「Reunion」
劇場上映直前 (on the) eve of the film premiere
「トクバンアドベンチャー!」第2回』「Tokuban-Adventure」, 2nd (Edition/Iteration)』
が11月20日に放送決定! (it has been decided that it) will be broadcast November 20th!
Now we have:

(Movie/Music) Niconico Livestream |『Digimon Adventure Tri. Chapter 1 「Reunion」| (on the) eve of the film screening |「Tokuban-Adventure」, 2nd (Edition/Iteration)』|( has been decided that it) will be broadcast November 20th!
And thus it becomes, when written to have better flow in English (As it is an announcement from a user):
(Movies/Music) There will be a Niconico livestream for a 2nd (Edition) of 'Tokuban-Adventure!' on the eve of the premiere screenings of Digimon Adventure tri.'Reunion', November 20th!
Or:

(Movies/Music) On November 20th, the day before the premiere of Digimon Adventure tri. 'Reunion', there will be a Niconico livestream of the 2nd Edition of Tokuban-Adventure!
I guess perhaps more simply...here, we see that 第2回 (回 read as -kai, is the counter for the "-nth" occurrence of something) is being used to describe Tokuban Adventure whereas the movie series' parts use the format of:
第 (dai-)+ number + 章 (-shou, counter for Chapters/Sections)
If that makes sense? It's not exactly how I work now, but I thought maybe I'd try to break it down to help clarify it a bit? I'm not at all good at explaining language! Not even for French! As for translation, I do lots of work from French to English and that involves a lot of addition to make the English version sound more coherent (or some gymnastics, as I work with a more regional dialect or source material with errors or missing context. ^^;; ). I'm not fluent in Japanese at all yet, but I've gotten a better grasp of the language over the years now so I could try to explain better, if needed!

(it's also late...so that might explain anything not making much sense)

Well, if that's true, then Digi-egg on tumblr is spreading some false shit. No surprise really. But they should have put that rumor disclaimer....
Oh I just found the post in question earlier actually!

EDIT
So the official Digimon twitter updated earlier with announcements of who the hosts for the Nov 20th Tokuban-Adventure will be and no mention of "Part/Chapter 2" on Niconico nor the Digimon page. I believe Digimon Headline was more implying that this was the 2nd time this Tokuban-Adventure was happening in their tweet. They're also an unofficial fansite that's one of the oldest JP Digimon sites still around I think.

As for the hosts, we have both Junyas--Ikeda and Enoki, with the possibly of an additional host to be announced. This will be preceded by 2 evening marathons on Nov 18th and 19th at 9PM JST on NicoNico of the first 4 Digimon films. (Oh boy, they'll be spammed with JOOOO comments for sure)

Here's the link at the official Digimon site :) http://digimon-adventure.net/news/#news2015111201

Last edited: