Kingbeemon

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Seemed like the shipping of the movie were

Meiko x tai

Izzy x mimi

Joe x mystery girlfriend funny if it's Davis sister

And also funny the actual canon shipping of soda and Matt had nothing going on. Me personally I always preferred tai and sora more and I think matt and meiko would be better.

Also make more sense for digimkn pairings too

The dinosaur and the bird

The dog and cat

And insect and plant

Last edited:

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Funny story, a Joe/Jun thing was a thing years ago. But sadly, I think it's just that girl he got the bike from in the 2nd 02 movie. But really? Matt/Meiko? ...Sure I like how that sounds but that's interesting. But thanks to Meiko I finally could put the shipping behind me as except for Davis, we apparently have everyone with someone. We just never maybe seen Joe's or Cody's. At least much.

Kingbeemon

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Why I say Matt and meiko is for one I prefer tai and soras character chemistry. And I would prefer a Matt and meiko character relationship better. I'm speaking preference so I'm to assume you find taixmeiko and mattxsora a better couple? Why I prefer tai and sora for me they are a more fun couple to watch tai makes his dumb mistakes bit6je makes up for it it's more cute to watch.

Also like I stated earlier their digimon partnership would also make symbolic sense.

But I rewatched tri i think there a stronger case for tk and meiko. Out of all the digidestined they probably had the best relationship and he was the one in contact with her in the end. Tk always with the cat girl of the team.

As for tk and kari ship I was never a fan and am glad in the timeskip they didn't end up with each other. I actually preferred davis or Ken with kari better.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Nope. I preferred Tai/Sora. But after years, and thanks to Meiko, I finally am fine with it. But yes, Davis and Ken. Ha ha ha. But I never liked Davis/Kari. He's too much like her brother and I don't live that far in the South. Ha ha ha! He's too much like Tai.

Last edited:

Hikari Motomiya

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I really like Takeru/Meiko. I felt they really connected in that one moment.

digibro217

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I wonder, can romance EVER officially work in Digimon? Avatar: The Last Airbender had that too (ignoring the shipping wars), and it didn't affect the quality of the plot whatsoever. Can the same be done for this franchise?

Muur

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I wonder, can romance EVER officially work in Digimon? Avatar: The Last Airbender had that too (ignoring the shipping wars), and it didn't affect the quality of the plot whatsoever. Can the same be done for this franchise?
yeah cuz Hackers Memory has some minor romance, and Survive seems like it'll have romance be an important part of the plot

hoping you dont say only the anime counts

Jaybird C

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Are you asking whether Digimon can actually have a legit, non-garbage romance arc? Sure, with competent writers and a director. Adventure's Sorato failed because Director Kakudou never actually developed Sora and Yamato's relationship, even while he -- and others -- actually did develop Taichi's relationship with each of them. The at least vaguely canonical Jurato and Ryuki in Tamers are generally crowded out by the stronger, more prominent, and more narrative-crucial relationships between Ruki and her co-stars Takato and Jianliang.

Hikarix

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Could, with a good writer and producer, but I highly doubt we'll every get our answers at this point. They set Koumi and Takari (Hikari realising his Takeru's growth) up pretty well, only to basically leave it at an 'ehhhh, that's it?' note at the end.

Kon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
But I rewatched tri i think there a stronger case for tk and meiko. Out of all the digidestined they probably had the best relationship and he was the one in contact with her in the end. Tk always with the cat girl of the team.
I've never seen Takeru and Meiko interactions in a romantic way, just friendship. I mean they have some good interactions, but Meiko has similar interactions with Mimi, Sora and Hikari. In fact, Meiko seems closer to Mimi and Sora.

He contacts Meiko in the end, because he mantains the contact with other overworld digidestined (as we saw in Part 1).

Tri's shiptease for Takeru is with Hikari, while Part 5 and Part 6 has strong shiptease for Meiko and Taichi.

Last edited:

KISA

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
But were they really shiptease? If yes, do you trink we'll get a conclusion or it will contuine this way? If I remember correctly TK's VA said he has feelings for Hikari, combined with Hikari looking at his back and both of them blushing, which indicates it's more than mere shiptease but less that canon. Same with Koumi, both were set up pretty well.

Kon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
But were they really shiptease? If yes, do you trink we'll get a conclusion or it will contuine this way? If I remember correctly TK's VA said he has feelings for Hikari, combined with Hikari looking at his back and both of them blushing, which indicates it's more than mere shiptease but less that canon. Same with Koumi, both were set up pretty well.
In fact, it was Keitaro Motonaga (Tri's director), who say that Takeru maybe has romantic feelings toward Hikari. Althought it was never confirmed in Tri.

You can read the translation of that part here:
http://fizzingwizard.tumblr.com/post/139760675703/thanks-for-spoilers-from-the-febri-magazine-so

There was a confusion, because the seiyuus of Takeru and Hikari has an interview during the same dates, but they don't speak about this: http://fizzingwizard.tumblr.com/post/139339071178/i-found-this-interview-with-junya-enoki-and-mao

That said, I think Takari and Koumi moments allow the relationships to go in any direction from that point.

Last edited: