Digimon Adventure Tri Shipping thread.

Spongebond

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Okay, this thread is here to discuss the possible and not possible shipping. I mainly made this thread because I want to keep shipping out of the normal discussion and "what are your hopes for Adventur Tri" thread because I know some people hate shippers. Which is completely justifiable.

Not sure if I can make a thread rule but guys this is not a Naruto shipping thread, please no fighting and getting angry at each other over a ship. As Digimon fans the 'powder keg' (heh, thanks for that Theigno) ship can stir a lot of emotion.

Discuss and debate to your hearts content.

Some shipping (possible) Evidence:
Hikari x Takeru: Hikari teases Takeru about his popularity with the girls. Now this can be a light tease because I would think Hikari and Takeru are just really close friends at this point.

Koushiro x Mimi: Mimi teasing Koushiro about being shy around her because she has grown up and become more cute. Koushito blushing and getting flustered by the statemant.

Taichi X Sora x Yamato: Sora's VA states in the recent interview Mimi tells Sora that Taichi and Yamato have become very 'cool' to which she blushes. I think it is safe to assume though Yamato and Sora will still be dating and it's best in regards to this ship. To accept what happened in the Epilogue so that people can't get angry or dissapointed again.

HarleyThomas

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Taito should be the only pairing to matter.

Sabrblade

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm honestly surprised at how we've gotten next to no info on Yamato and Sora being together since we know they end up together in the epilogue.

KaenKazui

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
If Miyako is a character I would like some Miyami (Miyako/Mimi).
This!

Really, I don't really care about Adventure-shipping that much, but I really have to say, that I would hate to see Koumi or Joumi happening, as Mimi - for me - still has to be the significant other to Miyako ;)

Airdramon

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm honestly surprised at how we've gotten next to no info on Yamato and Sora being together since we know they end up together in the epilogue.
Well we don't know how quickly after Adventure they got to together besides their childrens' apparent age. It's still twenty years till the epilogue at this stage.
This might be before they got together and it might even be a while before they get together.

Or they might have dated in high school, broken up, and gotten back together. We don't really know their history.

sugarplumfairy

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well we don't know how quickly after Adventure they got to together besides their childrens' apparent age. It's still twenty years till the epilogue at this stage.
This might be before they got together and it might even be a while before they get together.

Or they might have dated in high school, broken up, and gotten back together. We don't really know their history.
Er, they started dating in the Christmas episode. They were presented as a couple in the last episodes of 02 and in Movie 4. It is possible that there was a break-up between 2002 and the epilogue, though.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
You also need to take into account that while they may be aiming for 'the epilogue' they very well may not keep things exactly the same.

As an example, if you ascribe that they are doing setting up for Mimi and Koushiro in tri, it becomes rather worthless if you expect them to go to the 02 epilogue letter for letter.

It wouldn't exactly shock me if the goal is the 'world' of the epilogue (as in the relationship between the human and the digital worlds) rather than exactly what we saw onscreen in 02.

Airdramon

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Er, they started dating in the Christmas episode. They were presented as a couple in the last episodes of 02 and in Movie 4. It is possible that there was a break-up between 2002 and the epilogue, though.
I wasn't really sure if that was officially dating or if they just liked each other or not.
I guess Movie 4 did have them looking like they were on a date or something in that photo but I wasn't sure if the movie was considered canon or not.

Spongebond

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
@Marc. That is why I also stated people should not get their hopes with ships like Takari and Taiora. Tri may just end up setting up the epilogue instead of making some alterations.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
@Marc. That is why I also stated people should not get their hopes with ships like Takari and Taiora. Tri may just end up setting up the epilogue instead of making some alterations.
I'm actually stating the opposite.

People are looking at scenes from the trailer and seeing it as 'mocking' people because they know that's not how the epilogue ends.

Them aiming for the goal of how the 'world' is during the 02 epilogue doesn't mean they will aim for the same endings for all the kids.

It could end up setting up the epilogue exactly as it was in 02, similar with alterations, or we could get something completely different.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I don't want to deal with this. After what happened all those years ago, I never really want to see shipping of Adventure again. ...Maybe the 02 kids. But Davis/Kari is still weird considering how close he is to her brother. This isn't funny like with those few Naruto fans that are upset at the ends. They're hilarious.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I don't want to deal with this. After what happened all those years ago, I never really want to see shipping of Adventure again. ...Maybe the 02 kids. But Davis/Kari is still weird considering how close he is to her brother. This isn't funny like with those few Naruto fans that are upset at the ends. They're hilarious.
Best thing I can say, is try and be amused by the show rather than the audience dealing with shipping (or at least try and keep ships reasonable and making sense whenever possible.)

Because shipping will happen and we can't stop it.

kkanbara

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I personally don't really care either way for ships and never really have. The one thing I would like to see in tri. regarding ships though would be for a failed relationship between two Chosens. Not an ending on bad terms, definitely not, but I feel like it would bring a sense of realism into tri.

Relationships don't always work out and it would be cool to have that portrayed.

digigirl02

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I personally don't really care either way for ships and never really have. The one thing I would like to see in tri. regarding ships though would be for a failed relationship between two Chosens. Not an ending on bad terms, definitely not, but I feel like it would bring a sense of realism into tri.

Relationships don't always work out and it would be cool to have that portrayed.
I totally agree with you. Not everyone ends up with their childhood sweetheart.

Last edited:

Takatofan1986

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I've never understood the point of shipping wars. I have the couples I ship, and other people stating that they prefer a different ship doesn't make me upset in the slightest. In fact, I'll read fics of other ships, as long as it's written well, I don't care.

(Read all this paragraph or else I sound like a hypocrite....) Having said that, from what we have heard about Tri. so far, I am disappointed that Koumi seems like it will be a thing, JUST BECAUSE, I write fics and for about 10 years, there was this troll going around Fanfiction.net spamming stories that had either one in it, but with others, saying it sucks because it's not Koumi... The troll seems to have finally left, but if Koumi becomes cannon I fear he will be back to work, with cannon to back him up D: - But otherwise I don't care. XD

For me personally it's more fun if no couple is clearly cannon because then you are more free to write anything (Though you still can anyway). But on the other hand, for the people that do like one couple over another, I can see why that would cause more arguments.

Monox D. I-Fly

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Takeru to Hikari: "Look, Angemon and Angewomon do love each other! Let them happy! If we continue our relationship it will feel like incest, so let us just break up!"

Lhikan634

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
There's also the possibility, what with the amount of earth-time between 02 and the epilogue, that characters change pairings during the series. We also have a lot of stuff from the epilogue that isn't plainly stated or has only been inferred based on where characters happen to be standing. Also, most of the original shippings were before high school. Seriously, I only know a couple friends who actually ended up marrying a high school crush. Most ended up marrying someone they didn't even know then. But anyways, I digress.

I got to thinking… what about similarities between crests hinting at pairings?
• Sora X Matt (Love X Friendship) - Currently supported, though could change as things progress.
• Kari X TK (Hope X Light) - Many parallels, including age.
• Izzy X Mimi (Knowledge X Sincerity / Purity) - This one could work better from the dub perspective.

• Joe (Reliability / Sincerity) - Could go with Mimi just as a nod to their crests both being called Sincerity in one version.
• Tai (Courage) - Yeah, I'll just leave him in the triangle since you need courage to act on love to initiate friendships.

Joe, somehow, seems like a good fit with Mimi, though that may be because both he and Izzy seem a bit more awkward. I'd say bookworms, but I somehow suspect that Izzy's just found a way to download knowledge directly into his brain by now… Plus, I really can't see Mimi with Tai or TK.