Digimon Adventure tri. Part 6: Our Future Discussion

Piers

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yes; a fragment of Apocalymon's data infected MaiCoomon's egg in the backstory. That's what the whole intro spiel was about.
So they really wanted to blow our minds with philosophy about abstractions and irregularities instead of just showing us Apocolymon's DNA.

Jaybird C

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Not even real philosophy, just mystical woo-woo and gobbledegook.

tri.
had a much higher opinion of itself than was generally warranted.

BKF

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Is it me or Digimon Tri seems to be quickly forgettable?! I mean I have been lately watching Adventure 1, Frontier and Tamers way more than watching Tri and tbh I only watched 6th Movie 2 times only.

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
People did seem to forget the previous movies' plot points any time a new one came out. I myself don't find it any more forgettable than other Digimon series. I haven't rewatched any of them for a long time.

Saiga

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I feel that definitely happened to me. The dialogue felt kind of awkward and hard to process at times, I wonder if that was from the subs.

I definitely don't remember Apocalymon being dropped. Does anyone know what part that happened in?

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It's near the start of Part 5. Hackmon explains Maicoomon's origin to Daigo and Prof. Mochizuki.

DBxDigimon_fan

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm really happy to hear Tri's success earned more Adventure. That ending left me wanting more Digimon lol - Ordimemon's entrance is still burned into my eyelids. Tri had some epic digimon entrances. Omegamon Merciful Mode is the coolest digimon in the whole movie, but I still love Holydramon... close 2nd I suppose lol , he has a sweet katana!

I was OK with them ending Adventure on a high note but continuing it for the sake of the Digimon Franchise is probably best. Hopefully now there will be no more Frontiers or Appmons... And who knows? With Pokemon's ratings waning, perhaps this is the chance to take it head on. Personally, I've always felt Digimon was a better series than Pokemon but a lot of other kids didn't seem to think so. Maybe these new generations can come through for Digimon.

Here's to a bright future for Digimon!! :kanpai:

Kingbeemon

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Can someone refresh my memory if wizardmon was still a spirit in the movie and what his actual role was.

Imperial

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Is it me or Digimon Tri seems to be quickly forgettable?! I mean I have been lately watching Adventure 1, Frontier and Tamers way more than watching Tri and tbh I only watched 6th Movie 2 times only.
I don't feel that way. There were two movies I felt were "meh" which were parts 2 and 4 but otherwise I found more stuff to like in all of the other movies than stuff to forget. I remember things like Tai's soccer game being blown out of proportion. Or when the government approached Kari and she had the "omg don't touch me, creeper" look on her face. Even Gatomon and Angemon having a coordinated strike against Alphamon which didn't amount to much. And I've only seen that movie twice. Though, real talk, I did find most Meiko scenes forgettable.

Besides Meiko, I feel the only chosen that went through something new and challenging were Tai, Matt, Izzy, and Kari. And I also feel those were done well enough for me not to have any complaints about them. If I still wrote fics, some things would be changed about these characters because of these experiences. This is coming from someone who adores Mimi and respects Joe, but I don't think anything they went through was worth much at all. But hey, we got their Megas so it balances out.

But no, this series has been burned into my brain like Digimon Adventure 01 and Neon Genesis Evangelion. It's with me forever.