Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Hoy-Small-Fry

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
My copy turned up a few days early, which given how excited I've been was excellent news!

Absolutely loved it, the whole thing somehow wrapped up everything into a neat(ish) resolution without too may massive jumps.

Favourite moment for me was the Digimon regaining their memories - for all the tears I shed in part 3 as they lost them, the same came out in pure joy as they remembered all they had lost!

Couple of weird dubs aside (random "digivolve to" and Koromon having the WORST voice) I thought this was excellently pulled off, especially Seth's work when Tai escapes the underground lair.

Some other thoughts;
- I guess Himekawa just died? Or are we leaving that to a sequel?
- Likewise Dark Gennai, are we to assume he is the original Gennai influenced by the dark spore? Its weird he's ultimately never addressed
- Brilliant dealing with the 02 kids issue (although we'll just assume TK and Kari weren't with them at the time)
- Gomamon's final line - LOVED IT

Overall, second favourite part to 3, and an excellent ending to a joyous return for Adventure!

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
- Likewise Dark Gennai, are we to assume he is the original Gennai influenced by the dark spore? Its weird he's ultimately never addressed
Presumably the original Gennai was the one rescued along with the 02 kids.

Hoy-Small-Fry

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Presumably the original Gennai was the one rescued along with the 02 kids.
Been reading some other threads and I see that he was in a tube, thanks for that one
Is there a prevalent theory on who Dark Gennai actually is then?

Also probably not the right place to ask, but the 02 Digimon lost their memories right? And Izzy didn't back them up...?

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Been reading some other threads and I see that he was in a tube, thanks for that one
Is there a prevalent theory on who Dark Gennai actually is then?
There are theories, but I'm not sure that any of them is particularly prevalent.

Also probably not the right place to ask, but the 02 Digimon lost their memories right? And Izzy didn't back them up...?
It's hard to say. Of course, Koshiro didn't back up the other eight partners' memories either, but they were restored. But it's been too long since I've watched the sixth film.

Hoy-Small-Fry

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It's hard to say. Of course, Koshiro didn't back up the other eight partners' memories either, but they were restored. But it's been too long since I've watched the sixth film.
Maybe not the original intent of the sub but I definitely got the impression it was a restore from a backup Izzy did. My understanding was he completed a backup but it somehow got muddled into Meicoomons data? Again, something else they just glided by šŸ˜…

McGann

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I loved this so much.
I remember liking the last film a lot on the first watch, but feeling conflicted about it in some aspects.
But I enjoyed it so much more this time.

I think part of it is just having time to digest and reconcile some of the issues I had with it, but the little touches the Dub added helped a lot too. A lot of plot points felt like they had more clarity, and as always, the addition of extra lines and exertion noises went a long was to adding life to the characters and action sequences.

The scene with Merciful Mode in particular felt a lot stronger. Tai and Kari's interaction was less jarring. And that little "it's almost over" Tai whispered as he bumped Matt's hand was pretty powerful.

This series had shortcomings, but right now, I'm really glad to have the whole collection, and I'm looking forward to setting aside some time to marathon the lot of it. And I'm pretty excited for that new film coming out next year too.

(Though yeah, that "Digivolve to" goof was pretty weird. It was probably offset about 10 seconds, and should have played just before Garurumon digivolved to WereGarurumon. I remember thinking it was weird that he didn't say it, because unlike Co-existence, they were doing the whole "Xmon digivolve to" instead of just yelling "digivolve".)

Last edited:

Kai32

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
since hearing angemon replacement voice actor due to it not being dave mallow even though he is creditied in the film. the person who replced him was Jamieson Price . he voiced serephimon in frontier but that not all he voiced as voiced was very close to his role of Yukio Oikawa

Wadester92

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
since hearing angemon replacement voice actor due to it not being dave mallow even though he is creditied in the film. the person who replced him was Jamieson Price . he voiced serephimon in frontier but that not all he voiced as voiced was very close to his role of Yukio Oikawa
It's been confirmed months ago Jamieson Price took over Dave Mallow's roles since Confession. That said, it only leads to why the sudden recast?

Kai32

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It's been confirmed months ago Jamieson Price took over Dave Mallow's roles since Confession. That said, it only leads to why the sudden recast?
Wonder about that to maybe it was a schedule conflict or some thing. I just can stop think of Cody dad friend voice coming of angemon or any of his form

Wadester92

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wonder about that to maybe it was a schedule conflict or some thing. I just can stop think of Cody dad friend voice coming of angemon or any of his form
Most likely the only people would know are the ones from Studioplis like Ryan Johnston, Suzanne Goldish, Rita Majkut, and Jamie Simone.

frankiemon827

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
does anyone notice that Gabumon's voice is different than before? Was there also a change in voice actor?

McGann

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think its still Kirk Thornton. He's just playing it a little different. Though with the exception of Part 5, which IIRC, he did sound closer to his Season 1 voice, I'm pretty sure this is the way he's been playing Gabumon for the whole of Tri.

Wadester92

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
does anyone notice that Gabumon's voice is different than before? Was there also a change in voice actor?
It's certainly still Kirk Thornton. Different take, especially with Tsunomon. The only voice change that happened is Birdramon, Angemon, and Dark Gennai in his Digimon Emperor disguise.

frankiemon827

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
ok cool. I really like that different take on Gabumon. What about Koromon though? He really sounded like Guilmon from my perspective...
Also there seems to be quite a few voice errors throughout the film if anyone notices...

Wadester92

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
ok cool. I really like that different take on Gabumon. What about Koromon though? He really sounded like Guilmon from my perspective...
Also there seems to be quite a few voice errors throughout the film if anyone notices...
Koromon is now voiced by Doug Erholtz. The dub error with Garurumon saying "Digivolve to....!" offscreen. It was hard to miss.

Muur

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It's certainly still Kirk Thornton. Different take, especially with Tsunomon. The only voice change that happened is Birdramon, Angemon, and Dark Gennai in his Digimon Emperor disguise.
Wasn't Birdramon the same, but only because they reused the lines from older parts, as Birdramon/Garudamon said no new lines, only saying "Digivolve to" and "Meteor Wing" meaning it was pointless to bring her back in

Wadester92

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wasn't Birdramon the same, but only because they reused the lines from older parts, as Birdramon/Garudamon said no new lines, only saying "Digivolve to" and "Meteor Wing" meaning it was pointless to bring her back in
In Future, Birdramon definitely have some new dialogue such as "I got you WereGarurumon/Togemon" and "Launching Fire Missiles!" The only line from Melodee Spevack which is archive is "Birdramon!"

Hoy-Small-Fry

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Koromon's voice is my biggest gripe with the entire tri project. Was it really that difficult to get it within the ballpark of the original series? To be honest I find him hard to understand a lot of the time

Muur

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So I finished dub tri. my only complaint on part 6 is they wouldn't shut up during the omnimon MM scene, and unlike all the other times the added grunts for MM kinda ruined it

also... pretty sure all appearances for omnimon were different actors...? it was the normal two at first, then one random dude on his own, then another random dude for part 6 and MM. really annoying

the dub seemed to go out of its way to mention the entire 02 cast and they changed the line about king drasil replacing the missing parts of gatomon (But tbh im feeling like this was a sub error than actually happening in the first place)

...also, what was with reusing the normal birdramon voice for the digivolving screens, but then having biyomons as birdramon for everything else? that was dumb. two actors for one movie lmao

the weregaurumon part was funny. togemon punched in the face, garurumon yells "digivolve to!"

The dub also mentioned Fractal Code.

Last edited: