Digimon Adventure tri. Part 5 Symbiosis Discussion

Tyranno

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
well, the synopsis that said we wouldn't get any answers was wrong about at least one thing. Meicoomon's destructive power is due to containing a shard of Apocalymon.

ShinZankuro

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So... The grotesque creature is more LILITH than Sachiel LOL

Honestly... IT was a ok movie. But a LOT of things seem to be kinda forced or bad writted.

Jmac28211

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeah it's not my favorite. Nothing seemed TOO poorly written, just poorly paced. My biggest complaint is all of the still frames in the first two episodes.

One of the reasons it felt odd was simply because it was Meiko's movie. She's not one of the original characters, and it was weird seeing them pushed out of the way. I did love Tai and Agumon's interactions with her though.

Last edited:

PinkIceFox

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Does anyone know how long it's going to take for Crunchy Roll to allow Part 5 to be viewed by everyone? I don't have a membership or anything to watch it. -o- I hope it doesn't take months or anything. I really wanna see that big monster fusion!!

Vande

Roll Roll, Critical, Critical
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Does anyone know how long it's going to take for Crunchy Roll to allow Part 5 to be viewed by everyone? I don't have a membership or anything to watch it. -o- I hope it doesn't take months or anything. I really wanna see that big monster fusion!!

Usually around a month or so.

Also removed posts that are just pure whining rather than contributing to discussion. And also removed the rumour.

PinkIceFox

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Thank you, Vande! :) I'm so excited I love creepy monster things and the moment I heard there was gonna be one in this episode I was soooo hyped. I'm not really afraid of spoilers or anything I just wanna get a chance to watch the whole thing myself.

I loved Apocalymon and his design so hearing that his influence is continuing on is pretty amazing. (Not gonna lie though, if it turned out Vamdemon was involved I'd probably laugh my butt off since he was my favorite villain as a kid and my inner child still adores him.)

SharpeBB

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I didn't think we were going to get answers in Symbiosis, but I certainly didn't expect to get as many more questions as we did. Maki in the Dark Ocean, Meicoomon getting a shard of Apopcalymon, why was the Digital World going totally crazy, and (from a consistent writing POV) when did all the humans start referring to them as 'digimon' not just monsters. It's like it took everyone a few weeks to remember "oh, we've seen this thing before a few years ago!" I'm quite nervous given that there was still more setup, and it feels to me that we've crossed the point, to where there's going to be too much to resolve in Part 6.

I do think there was some good growth overall especially (though not surprisingly) from Meiko and Hikari. Meiko asking the others to kill Meicoomon is a huge step for someone who has been portrayed as a rather weak and helpless character. And Hikari being able to fight back against Homeostasis' possession actually really caught me off guard. I thought it was a great way for her strength to come through as well.

While I certainly didn't hate it, I think it was far from the best we could have seen.

Kon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I really Symbiosis. This had very good times.

I like to see all the Digidestined interact (the scene where Takeru suggests telling tales of terror is very funny) and I love the support they show Meiko. Also, I also like to see the danger for the Real World.

I wonder what happened to Taichi. I do not think he's dead, but I wonder what the digistined think.

Last edited:

clanc

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Commenting while watching yay!
  • I just don't get why Meiko is so hated. Sure, she may be the closest thing to a Mary Sue here, but I think she doesn't deserve what's happening to her.
  • Aaaand... PLOT'S HAPPENING!! It must be because we saw Plotmon last movie! </badjoke>
  • Taiko is real
    • I mean, it's not like they can pair him with Sora since they said that it'll follow the 02 epilogue, where she marries Yamato (Which also means my OTP and Koumi get sinked, but the 02 kids will be OK so that's good)
  • Hold the crud up, Hackmon said that Meicoomon is waaaay too strong because of Apocalymon's data, but didn't Apocalymon get defeated by 2 Megas and 6 Perfects? Or it's that Apocalymon had one byte that made him really strong and that Byte was passed to Mei-chan?
  • s t i l l . f r a m e s
  • Q U A L I T Y
  • It's nice to see the mons getting some action tho, but didn't they lose their memories? Or did the Digivice contain the memories so they regained them when they evolved?
  • GODDAMNIT AGUMON I THOUGHT THAT YOU WOULD STOP BEING SO HUNGRY AFTER YOU GOT REBOOTED?! </rant>
  • The pacing sure it's weird... I dunno, I think watching Appmon made me used to bad pacing.
  • You know, I hope they at do something new with Yggdrassil instead of repeating what Svares did
  • Y'know, as someone who really cares about grades, Joe's story is actually sp00ky.
  • So... Jesmon appeared an then Meicrackmon evolved? I expected him to at least do something before.
  • Wait... Who is the evil one? Homeostasis? Yggdrassill? Both?
  • Hold on. They were fighting Jesmon and protecting Raguelmon but now they're protecting Jesmon and fighting Raguelmon?
  • HOLY CRUD IS THAT THE DARK OCEAN?!
    • At least it'll be sligthly less questionable is they wan't to mate with Maki though
  • R.I.P IN PEACE MAKI?!
    • R.I.P IN PIECE TAICHI?!
    • R.I.P IN PIECE DAIGO?!
  • OH SHIT OPHANIMON
  • OH SHIT OPHANIRAGUELMON
  • There was less Hikari here than I expected...
Way better than Soushitsu! But I dunno if they can wrap everything in the next part without leaving some plotholes...
Anyways, here's my ranking!
  1. Kokuhaku
  2. Kyousei
  3. Saikai
  4. Soushitsu
  5. Ketsui
By the way, is it me or does the everyone sounds like they recorded their lines through a low quality mic?

Kon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I do think there was some good growth overall especially (though not surprisingly) from Meiko and Hikari. Meiko asking the others to kill Meicoomon is a huge step for someone who has been portrayed as a rather weak and helpless character. And Hikari being able to fight back against Homeostasis' possession actually really caught me off guard. I thought it was a great way for her strength to come through as well.

Although I really like the scene where Hikari opposed to Homeostasis, I do not know if this was such a big growth (I mean, it shouldn't not uncommon for her to oppose Homeostasis in that situation).

Well, I suppose the important thing is that she expresses her opinion.

BeelzemonXX

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This movie was just Ok. It wasn’t terrible but it wasn’t that great either. There were several great character moments though that I rather liked. I really liked the scenes where Tai and Agumon talked to Meiko outside the school. That was well-written. It was also refreshing to hear that Apocalymon had something to do with Meicoomon rampages and not Myotismon for once.

There were a couple more good scenes that I found enjoyable but I really got confused watching that last part of the movie and that kind off lessened my enjoyment of the movie.
For example:
- Why was Maki in the Dark Ocean? (I enjoyed seeing that place again but I was confused by its presence
- What happened to Kari exactly that allowed Gatomon to evolve to Ophanimon Falldown Mode. Was it a dark evolution, did Ygdrasil have something to do with it, or was it something else? That scene left me really confused.
- Alphamon and Jesmon just disappeared after Tais "death" (don’t believe for a second that he is dead for real). They weren't caught in the blast so I guess they escaped or were they destroyed off-screen?

Even with this in mind, I am looking forward to the next movie. I am certainly intrigued by how they are going to defeat that large monstrosity that looks like something that belongs in a horror anime.

gamertamer

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So Just watched Part 5 and uh... it was, ok?
I really enjoyed part of the story line, the 'revelations' in the first couple of sections were nice, although it did kind of drag.

The final couple of sections however, were, in my opinion, lazy to say the least, at least the animation was.
I understand that animating big fight scenes costs money but come on there were so many still frames and cutaways that you'd think they could stretch to a little bit more? Also, Why oh why did they not single out WereGarurumon and MetalGarurumon's evolutions scenes? Like ok fair enough split screen the rest but it would have been nice to have seen those alone two in 'tri style' along with WarGreymon.

Aside from the animation the one thing that irked me most about the movie is this apparent conflict of 'oh we can't kill meicoomon'
I'm sorry what?! Correct me if i'm wrong but i'm pretty sure you had absolutely no issue turning the Imperialdramon from part 2 into a casserole. I mean, as far as i'm aware there was no hint at the time that the Imperialdriamon that Rosemon and Vikemon were fighting wasn't THE Imperialdramon that they knew.

ALOT of shipping between Tai and Meiko which isn't really that suprising but still a little irksome, Tai never really seemed to be the one to "give advice"

The ending though, where they attempt to depict Tai making the decision to save Matt and Meiko (atleast that's how I took it) was really great, it gave that feeling of a deeper connection between the kids and their digimon, that their thoughts are somehow connected, even if only for a brief moment.
And then Kari basically going into shock. A really nice touch. Horrifying, yes, but a really good portrayal, no crying, just pure disbelief, showing the strong bond between Kari and Tai which I think is great, as they were, in my eyes always shown to have a very strong bond.

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The Dark Ocean is basically the place where all depressed Chosen Children end up eventually. As for Fall-Down Mode, I'm reserving judgment on that for now. It would appear to be a Dark Evolution triggered by Taichi's apparent death, but it also seems like it was something the Mysterious Man was waiting for.

Anyway, I liked the movie rather well, myself.

Edit:
Oh, right! The shipping! I didn't think it was too egregious. If they were real people instead of anime characters, I don't think anyone could mistake Taichi and Meiko for being in love with each other or whatever shippers are going to think.

Last edited:

digitony

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This is my first post on withthewill. I'm glad to have found a community of fellow Digimon fans!

Tired of the shock value of Digimon Tri. There's no point to erasing the Digimons memory if it hasn't had an impact episodes following it. If I had missed the reboot episode and only watched Symbiosis, I wouldn't have even known their memories were erased.

There was no point in introducing the Digimon Emperor in the beginning. He has served no point in the show. It could've easily been Dark Gennai this entire time.

Tai is not dead. He probably fell into a distortion along with Daigo. Why would they develop his relationship with Meiko just to kill him off? This is just another example of unneeded shock value. We know he is alive from the 02 adventure ending. Speaking of that, why have we still not heard about the 02 kids or even referenced them!? 02 should have been retconned to make Digimon Tri more interesting. The bodies of the 02 digidestined in ep.1 of Tri are just more shock value. It actually hurt the show more than helped it because so many people have complained about not knowing their fate.

Why does it take 6 months to release 4 episodes? The animation is some of the worst I've seen in anime. This show is sometimes embarrassing. The still shots in the episodes were mentioned above by someone. I don't know if it is low budget, or a lack of talent of those working on the show.

At this point there are far too many plot points that need to be resolved and only four remaining episodes is not enough time. I wish they would've let me write Digimon Tri, because I could've done a far better job than what's been done. The last thing I wanted was for this sequel to leave a bad taste in my mouth and taint the original Season which is what I grew up on as a twelve year old. I feel like everyone is trying to convince themselves that this show is great, but it has so many flaws. What little strengths it has are outweighed by its weaknesses.

Questions:
Who was that final Digimon? A DNA digivolve of fallen Ophanimon and Meicrackmon?
Was Alphamon confirmed as Yggdrasil?
Did anyone else find the ending fight confusing wondering who was fighting who? It seemed like everyone was fighting each other at some point.

ShinZankuro

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Questions:
Who was that final Digimon? A DNA digivolve of fallen Ophanimon and Meicrackmon?

Is not exactly a digimon, but that beast was supposed to be the "Libra", which Hackmon was talking on the 4th movie.

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Alphamon is working for Yggdrasill, not Yggdrasill itself. As for the final fight, I didn't think there was anything confusing about it. No one was on the same side. Raguelmon is running wild, Alphamon wants Raguelmon to run wild and stop Jesmon from preventing that, Jesmon wants to destroy Raguelmon and defeat Yggdrasill and Alphamon, and the Chosen Children weren't sure what they wanted to do, but they weren't getting along with any of the other three factions.

BeelzemonXX

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The Dark Ocean is basically the place where all depressed Chosen Children end up eventually. As for Fall-Down Mode, I'm reserving judgment on that for now. It would appear to be a Dark Evolution triggered by Taichi's apparent death, but it also seems like it was something the Mysterious Man was waiting for.

Anyway, I liked the movie rather well, myself.

Edit:
Oh, right! The shipping! I didn't think it was too egregious. If they were real people instead of anime characters, I don't think anyone could mistake Taichi and Meiko for being in love with each other or whatever shippers are going to think.

I guess that makes sense about the Dark Ocean. I really hope we get a clear answer on what actually happened with Ophanimon Falldown Mode and Kari because that scene just left a bad taste in my mouth.