Status
Not open for further replies.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
We finally got a release date and a trailer!

The first trailer for Digimon Adventure tri. Part 5 is short, but gives us a good look at a few out of context scenes. (Trailer link on the off chance the embed doesn't work for you.)

Thanks to shin and garm for translating the trailer!
Meiko: Am I...no longer your partner?
(Bonds broken)
Hikari: The feelings you really want to convey will definitely get through.
Yamato: As if you could wish for our friends to be sacrificed! Taichi!
(Each of their choices)
Taichi: I… I won’t run away from my friends’ suffering!

In addition, we have the release date for the theatrical screening- September 30th. The official schedule for the theatrical screening is 3 weeks, but they've all been extended before, so we expect that again. (Ironically September 30th is also the date we expect Appmon to end if there are no further weeks off for the show.)

To commemorate the announcement, a special niconico screening will happen...

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

On June 25th at 9pm (Japan time) they will stream all 4 Adventure and Zero-Two films. At the end of the marathon there will be a new Part 5 trailer.

They've also updated the Part 5 poster with the date.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

In addition, they've announced that, once again, there will be a theater version Blu-ray at the same time as the theatrical screening.

They will also be doing a Twitter campaign to celebrate the announcement of the date with prizes:

1- 5 winners will get a signed B2 size (20 by 29 inches) Part 5 poster signed by Natsuki Hanae (Taichi.)
2- 5 winners will get a signed B2 sized Part 5 poster signed by Uki Atsuya.
3- 30 winners will get a postcard of the Part 5 poster by Uki Atsuya.

The campaign starts June 1st at noon (Japan time) and goes until June 15th.

While it's Japanese only, if you know someone in Japan, here is how they can enter for the campaign prizes:
1. Follow the official Digimon Adventure tri. Twitter.
2. Tweet words of support for the films and use the hashtag #デジモン0930. This should be done while quoting a specific tweet.

Thanks to shin for the translations.

Update- Added a translation of the trailer.

MagnaAngemonn

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
When will the event be with the movies when the next trailer will be shown?

clanc

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Oh Yeah!

But Appmon ends in September 30th...

Wait, is that HerakleKarbuterimon's theme I'm hearing?! This is gonna suck (in a good way)

Last edited:

DigiKing Tamer

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Oh Yeah!

But Appmon ends in September 30th...

Wait, is that HerakleKarbuterimon's theme I'm hearing?! This is gonna suck (in a good way)
*Wiggles eyebrows*

In all seriousness though, I am pretty hyped for whatever development comes on Sept. 30th...or Oct. 30th for poor folk like me...

Deep Saver

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I rather like how Ophanimon: Falldown Mode looks in this animation style from what we saw.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Updated with various translated details.

sulmandinah

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So happy it's Sept, sooner than expected. Also a few things from trailer

1. The most obvious from trailer, Orpanimon FM and Omegamon. Glad we are gonna see this badass one more time before finale.
2. Meiko seems ditched her relationship with Meicoomon? (Meiko: It's not longer my partner!). Well she almost choked to death, what to expect.
3. (Hikari: Feeling that wanted to be conveyed, will surely be conveyed), foreshadowing reason of Falldown mode evolution? Because a unconveyed feeling?
4. (Yamato: we cannot let our comrade be sacrifaced, Taichi! Taichi: i won't run away from comrade's pain). I would believe that be either Hikari or Meiko. Maybe both. Because if it's Digimon, they surely use the word 'Partner' as Meiko implied at first dialogue

That's my translation from the trailer based on my own understanding of japanese language. i don't guarantee high accuracy but i think it's close enough to the intended contexts

Last edited:

Kon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
4. (Yamato: we cannot let our comrade be sacrifaced, Taichi! Taichi: i won't run away from comrade's pain). I would believe that be either Hikari or Meiko. Maybe both. Because if it's Digimon, they surely use the word 'Partner' as Meiko implied at first dialogue
I think Yamato and Taichi still can use comrade for the digimon.

The context of the conversation would make it very strange that "being sacrificed" refers to a human.

Wolfshark

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Welp still gotta wait a few months but I'm curious to see the mess these poor chaps are going to walk into... that music isn't helping either.

EDIT: OOH OMEGAMON IS IN THE HOUSE... oh wait. Are they telling me that Mega Meicoomon is big enough of a threat that it needs Omegamon just to deal with it? Either way I'm game to see Omegamon possibly get wrecked by some new knight looking digimon.

Last edited:

Shadious

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Ahhhh. Wish The airing could be at an earlier date, so that we can wrap up Tri's story within this year alone with the remaining last part. But might as well enjoy the remaining roller coaster ride.

It was nice to revisit the Digimon Adventure universe again after all these years. It may not be perfect, but better than none at all, perhaps.

It's also personally a memorable one---As the late, great Wada Kouji started his journey with us in Digimon through Adventure all those years ago, and had, as some would liken to, had came back home with one last hurrah in Tri.

Last edited:

Vaioumon

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Omegamon already back? 6th movie new Taichi + Yamato evo hope hype rises. What could they be fighting that would require Omegamon already, I wonder.

A shame there wasn't more Meiko in this trailer, but she'll inevitably be in the next ones, I suppose.

gok

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Meicoomon's Ultimate form also appears in the trailer, right?

Jay Ukyou

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hey, Omegamon back already. I hope that means we get Blitz and Cres and Alter-S for the finale! (Not gonna hold my breath, but it does feel a little more plausible now!)

Kai32

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm on my phone and trailer not showing up.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm on my phone and trailer not showing up.
I've checked on both iOS and Android in multiple browsers and it's working in them all.

I've added a static link beneath the embed on the off chance anyone else is having an issue.

Spongebond

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
If we ever get a new Omegamon for Taichi and Yamato, still would love a Victorygreymon x Z'dgarurumon version.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Added a translation of the trailer thanks to shin and garm.

Status
Not open for further replies.